Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Unlucky Charmed

• Start Topic

WHO ARE YOU NOW? - Mel (Melonie Diaz) suddenly finds herself haunted by memories of her mysterious breakup with Ruby (guest star Bethany Brown), while Maggie's (Sarah Jeffery) demon-hunting habit puts strain on her relationship with Jordan (Jordan Donica). Harry (Rupert Evans) tries to train the newest Charmed One (Lucy Barrett), but gets derailed when they all must focus on a formidable new nemesis who starts wreaking havoc throughout the magical world. Stuart Gillard directed the episode written by Nicki Renna (#403). Original airdate 3/25/2022.

The season still seems more focused than previous ones, but the "Tally Man?" Really? They couldn't come up with a better name than that? I also don't think it's an improvement to add goblins and trolls and leprechauns and elves to the Charmed world. I know they had them in the original version but that's where it got stupid. 

I can't figure out what they're doing with Harry. He spent all of last season trying to become human only to change his mind in about 30 seconds and become a White Lighter again. Now he wants to be something else? Does the show think they don't need a White Lighter if Jordan has healing powers?

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I can't figure out what they're doing with Harry. He spent all of last season trying to become human only to change his mind in about 30 seconds and become a White Lighter again. Now he wants to be something else? Does the show think they don't need a White Lighter if Jordan has healing powers?

I am perfectly fine if they get rid of whitelighters, I never liked them, & they were always so sanctimonious, but yeah, what are they doing with Harry? It was stupid to turn human to begin with, but I bet they realized what a mistake they made when Madeleine quit the show. He really doesn't have a connection to the girls now, & he's just taking up space. Also, I am already bored by Kaela's "trying to fit in with the family" & "trying to learn to control my powers" plots. They feel very repetitive.

• Love 1

Decent episode, so far S4 is definitely stronger than S2/3 but sadly the writers havent learned enough from the mistakes they were part of S1-3.

We still arent a show about The Charmed Ones. We are a show about 3 "witches"/Harry/Jordan. That is part that is missing and keeping the show from truly thriving. And Charmed One power usage in this episode? 0. I'm not even gonna count that little flashback "power" Mel experienced....

The writers are trying to force Maggie/Mel apart to serve these "she's angry" "she's yearning" storylines that feel disingenuous and forced for these two characters. The writers say "they are grieving in their own ways" but....it doesnt land for me. They really had to have Maggie so in the dark about Mel/Rubys relationship? They live in the same house, they dont talk anymore? Console each other over the past 6 months? Macy died and 5 seconds later a flip switched and they became strangers?

Jordan is more involved in the Talleyman storyline than Mel/Kaela are, he's even doing the primary research. The SISTERS should be the ones doing these things.

Apart from all of that though...I do enjoy Kaela. She's refreshing and the way they write her seems to be more well rounded than our OG characters.

The Talleyman of it all seems interesting enough but I am tired of these switcheroos where the "bad guy" of the week isnt the bad guy and/or gets taken out by an outside influence.

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I think thats exactly it. They want Jordan to be the new and improved Whitelighter but arent willing to get rid of Harry so they're trying to send him on yet another journey to find himself.

This episode was alright.  At least the episodes are a bit more watchable than last season, which is a shame since now there isn't Macy.  After her attitude with Harry, I briefly thought it might have been a good idea if the dragon egg thing had killed her, and we got another "new" sister every episode.  

Maggie's anger was tiresome to watch.  The guy at the end deserved a punch or two, though.  

I couldn't care less what happened to Ruby, so it was hard to get engaged in the "mystery" of why they broke up.

I don't like or trust the lady at the club, and Harry was dumb to eat a mushroom just because of her whole "We're the same!" schtick.  

Edited by Camera One