Type keyword(s) to search

Detective Art Bell: Befuddled Partner

It looks like Beth had been steadily losing it, before she commited suicide, so any strange behavior due to doppleganging could be attributed to that. I don't think it would have been realistic for him to reach the conclusion this was a doppleganger. How could he? I suppose he knew her family history. She had no twins that he knew of. "Replaced by a clone" doesn't come naturally to one's mind, I think.

• Love 4

I really want to believe that Art is on Sarah's side.  He would be understandably pissed over her taking his partner's identity, but he seems to be getting it and I want to believe that he is. He may be fairly disposed toward Sarah both because he's realizing she's fighting whatever Beth was fighting plus he has to have realize she's the one that saved his life when Helena shot at them.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

Art is my least favorite character (he's a terrible one-note actor with a single facial expression - 'scowling disapproval') next to that snotty partner of his, but Sarah needs to have an ally that can actually do her some good so I guess I'll tolerate him a while longer. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Really excited re: where S2 is going... I admit to some concern after S1 that we could lose our people, the grittiness, etc in the corporation and the science and it would take a turn towards the I Care Less, but NOPE. Thrilled with how it is the same but all new. My show -- just exponentially so. Loves.

One thing has been taking me out of the narrative in recent weeks, though: I feel like every scene that sets up what Art knows or has happened to him or that he is doing has ended up on the cutting room floor and been replaced with teasers or awkward/incomplete tip-offs. (ANGIE.)  I'm not looking for the Art Show either, but I'm still not clear what/how much Sarah told him, what happened to him at the department, where he got the compound tip-off/pics, etc. So, everytime he's on screen, I'm all "Wait -- did I fall asleep last week? What did she tell him? What did they agree to? Do we know? Is he just working this on his own, now with all the info? None of the info? Does he have a source besides Sarah?"

Perhaps that's wholly intentional. (Or perhaps I DID fall asleep. ;) ) Anyone else unsure?

Edited by barestsmidgen
(edited)

Really excited re: where S2 is going... I admit to some concern after S1 that we could lose our people, the grittiness, etc in the corporation and the science and it would take a turn towards the I Care Less, but NOPE. Thrilled with how it is the same but all new. My show -- just exponentially so. Loves.

One thing has been taking me out of the narrative in recent weeks, though: I feel like every scene that sets up what Art knows or has happened to him or that he is doing has ended up on the cutting room floor and been replaced with teasers or awkward/incomplete tip-offs. (ANGIE.)  I'm not looking for the Art Show either, but I'm still not clear what/how much Sarah told him, what happened to him at the department, where he got the compound tip-off/pics, etc. So, everytime he's on screen, I'm all "Wait -- did I fall asleep last week? What did she tell him? What did they agree to? Do we know? Is he just working this on his own, now with all the info? None of the info? Does he have a source besides Sarah?"

Perhaps that's wholly intentional. (Or perhaps I DID fall asleep. ;) ) Anyone else unsure?

I was definitely unsure when he showed up at the farm. I'm not even sure if he even knew that the "cowboy" who was killed at the diner was part of that group. I know he's had a couple of run-ins with Mark, but I don't remember when the first was.

I like Art. He's come a long way from just thinking he had to cover for Beth's "tweaker ass" as she shot a civilian in a haze, and Clone Club needs all the trustworthy people with useful skills they can get.

Edited by lulee

I hope that he is named Art Bell because of a <winking> reference & tip of the hat to 'paranormal-themed radio host' Art Bell, formerly of Coast to Coast AM late nite radio program.

If not, evidently Sherlock Holmes was modeled after a Dr. Bell (http://www.sherlockian-sherlock.com/dr-joseph-bell-the-real-sherlock-holmes.php).

If season 1 had Sarah impersonate Beth a little longer, maybe Art Bell wouldn't now be relegated to plot device and comic foil. *sigh*

Is Art Bell gone for good? Maybe there is nothing left for the character and he will fade away.

The actor's name didn't appear on the opening credits, as it did last season.

I thought they showed him in the previews, no? Or was it just in flashbacks?