Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Outrunning a Ghost

• Start Topic

Tommy's new product is spreading like wildfire across Chicago; the current success isn't good enough for Tommy; he wants to own the entire city and is determined to figure out how to do so, no matter the cost.

Air Date: March 20, 2022

Episode was weird!

Liliana is so down for the cause, she will just go to the club, put Dahlia on her lips and kiss strangers. Still don't understand why Dahlia doesn't affect the person when placed on their lips.

Last week was a big deal for Vic to have Gloria at the Flynn's for dinner and we never got to see what happened or a follow up this episode! Did she go? Did Walter eat alone in his room? Was it drama free? What was on the menu? 

Gloria just leaves town, left a note and not answer her phone!! I hope Walter didn't make her "disappear" and it will be revealed she was dead all along.

Good to know learning a new word "courier" gets them excited!

DMac saw Tommy with JP but he doesn't know they are all related. So why is he warning Tommy? Was it odd the first person Tommy mentioned to DMac was Diamond? He should have immediately said Jenard and no one else.

What happened to Jenard's promise: Tommy is getting smoked tonight? I guess Dahlia can make a person change their agenda quickly.

And in no time DMac is kicked out of the group! Gee! I wonder who he will turn to next!!!

Tommy gave Claudia a "street education" but he seemed to be way too aggressive expanding the product but understandable with the price/clientele. I liked how he explained to Liliana how he never wanted to change like the others. But now that he is in charge, he may see their perspective down the line.

It would have been funny if Richard the boss was the Chemist's date. 

The look on Liliana's face was funny when she was told to be the third wheel on the date. It was so stupid that scene to have Lilianna sit at the table pretending to be a cousin. I thought she was going to sit at the next table and observe. It is the third date, so did Lilianna sit in the bedroom and watch them have sex too?  They could have had the chemist just postpone.

Liliana couldn't be a generous kidnapper, go the chemist's house and get one of her dresses for the date? They didn't switch outfits as Liliana had something new to wear on the date. Confusing! I bet they made the guy pay for all three!

Poor Claudia couldn't brag to over protective daddy she already has two bodies on her resume.

Claudia was curious about whether Tommy and Liliana ever got together. Was that for business reasons or she wants a piece of Tommy?

If Claudia is so smart, why is she bringing all these people to her apartment to conduct business?

Instead of staying home to feel sad and depressed, Vic goes to the club alone to drink liquor and stare at a picture on his phone of Gloria! At first, I thought Claudia sent the girl to get his attention off of Gloria but it was just to introduce him to Dahlia.

I was expecting Jenard to prove how legit Dahlia is, put the drug on his lips and kiss Diamond or the others in the barbershop! "Yo! I'm telling you how good this is, I'm willing to kiss a n*gga".

If Dahlia is so good and potent, why is Jenard giving his only supply to Diamond to hold. Usually, a fiend gets real possessive!

Good to know Dahlia makes a man last long for hours!!

Tommy just drops two bodyguards. What happens when Walter tries to call them! Wouldn't he think the Serbs took them out and will lead him to put a tighter grip on Claudia?

Did Claudia bury the bodies in the woods all by herself? Soon there will be no more space there for bodies they keep bringing.

Good grief! The dealer from Gary looked silly and weak. No mystery with him. We already know he got a glass eye from a slip, got knocked out in basic training after he put out the tale he got injured in combat. 

I didn't get why the diner owner refused Tommy.

I doubt JP stayed at the club much longer after Tommy left. 

Seriously! Adrienne is a reporter looking to do an expose on Diamond!!? Most credible journalists would just walk to him and ask to do a story instead of hoping in bed in 5 minutes playing a con. The setup to this plot is terrible. And why did the writers need to give suspense if she was going to stab him?

How does this chemist not know she will be dead once Liliana learns how to make it? She is taking notes for a reason fool!

The chemist should have refused to partake in and waited to see what happened. And if she really wanted to escape, she should have poisoned them, watched them drop, grabbed her purse and leave. Also, shame on Tommy and others for not being cautious thinking that. 

That scene of them taking a hit at the same time of the low level Dahlia, a part of me was hoping all four dropped dead from a bad mix!!!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The look on Liliana's face was funny when she was told to be the third wheel on the date. It was so stupid that scene to have Lilianna sit at the table pretending to be a cousin. I thought she was going to sit at the next table and observe.

I thought she was gonna sit at another table, maybe the next table over and just watch.

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Claudia was curious about whether Tommy and Liliana ever got together. Was that for business reasons or she wants a piece of Tommy?

Possibly. She didn't have to kiss him to give him a hit of dahlia but she did 👀

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

If Claudia is so smart, why is she bringing all these people to her apartment to conduct business?

Sloppy! I assume she taught them how to sell the product too? I mean is the only way they can think of to push the product is to kiss the customer or fuck the customer??

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I was expecting Jenard to prove how legit Dahlia is, put the drug on his lips and kiss Diamond or the others in the barbershop! "Yo! I'm telling you how good this is, I'm willing to kiss a n*gga".

🤣😂🤣

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The chemist should have refused to partake in and waited to see what happened. And if she really wanted to escape, she should have poisoned them, watched them drop, grabbed her purse and leave. Also, shame on Tommy and others for not being cautious thinking that. 

I thought that was why Tommy was making the chemist join them. If she would've resisted, I imagine they would not have taken it.

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

That scene of them taking a hit at the same time of the low level Dahlia, a part of me was hoping all four dropped dead from a bad mix!!!

It seemed like a pretty big pile to snort in one shot.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I thought she was gonna sit at another table, maybe the next table over and just watch.

Made no sense. Liliana would have had to been on her hip at all times. Not only watch to see if she passed a "I'm being held hostage" note to her date. The Chemist could have asked for help from a stranger in the restroom or the server.

18 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Sloppy! I assume she taught them how to sell the product too? I mean is the only way they can think of to push the product is to kiss the customer or fuck the customer??

(Last episode) with the secrecy of not having the others not know her identity, I would have thought she would do the same with the ladies. Especially when they are sent to interact with these potential clients. These women could possibly break if they were questioned on who sent them and where they live.

23 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I thought that was why Tommy was making the chemist join them. If she would've resisted, I imagine they would not have taken it.

True. But they all took the hit at the same time. Let her go first and see what happens. 

Also, she could have faked the snort and the others could have taken poison.

32 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

It seemed like a pretty big pile to snort in one shot.

No one has ever said Tommy is not generous

Ditto comments upthread, is there some special kind of Dahlia antidote lipstick? I still don't see how you can put it on your own lips  but it only affects the person you kiss.

Tommy has studied economics and marketing it seems, lol. There is a definite strategy of coming out with a high price to limit how many can buy a product. (As well as how much you need to produce.) Once its reputation as an exclusive and quality product is achieved, then come out with more affordable versions. But continue producing a higher-priced model so the elites still feel like they're getting something not everyone can. Sony, or example, has generally used that strategy, and so do several luxury car manufacturers.

Gary is a major gateway to the Midwest? It's southeast of Chicago. Seem to me like that's the wrong direction. Wonder if the actor misspoke the line?

Walter might get taken out by one of his own. He's engaging in nothing-to-lose behavior at their expense.

Wow, Tommy was keeping Doc Lauryn a prisoner in the Dahlia lab. What if there was a fire?

Bet D-Mac was trying to get out of Chicago so he wouldn't have to deal with JP or Tommy under the wrong circumstances. Wait until he finds out who Tommy really is.

"Drugs with a gimmick fade away." Uh, Tommy, Walter White would like a word.

Is there not an age limit in strip clubs?

Marshall is likely not long for this world if D-Mac points Tommy in his direction.

A Pulitzer. Adrienne is screwing Diamond for a Pulitzer. Hope she's okay with receiving it posthumously.

Doc Lauryn thinks a lot of herself. It would take half of MIT to reproduce her drug? Girl, bye.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Gary is a major gateway to the Midwest? It's southeast of Chicago. Seem to me like that's the wrong direction. Wonder if the actor misspoke the line?

That's what I was thinking. Sounds like he's the gateway to the rust belt.

I was thinking "Gary? This guy in Gary is the gateway to the Midwest? but that's in the opposite direction. CBI is in Chicago. Why is CBI not the gateway to the Midwest?"

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

A Pulitzer. Adrienne is screwing Diamond for a Pulitzer. Hope she's okay with receiving it posthumously.

🤣🤣, Classic!  While I didn't say the same thing I was like, when Jenard finds out about you girl.....?!

I believe 19 was the total for 'n****' by Jenard this eppy.

23 hours ago, mxc90 said:

What happened to Jenard's promise: Tommy is getting smoked tonight? I guess Dahlia can make a person change their agenda quickly.

Dahlia and a big bootied babe who was pumpin' him like oil in the back seat of his car!

Shit, I was wondering my damned self....but, I was wondering if Claud was interested in Liliana, is Lili gay?

I didn't get why the diner owner refused Tommy.

Me either, is it because he's white?

The violence is so jarring in this show, I'm always yelping out loud whenever someone gets shot and I didn't expect it.

I was cracking up at Tommy's Dr. Phil talk with JP.  Kate has gotta come back, what's Patricia Kalember doing?!

Finally, I'm gonna come out and say it....am I the only one that has a little crush on Paulie and his combed over hair ass?  He's got that old man swagger, there's something about him, lol.

• Love 1
On 3/20/2022 at 3:05 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

LOL

19 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

He's got that old man swagger, there's something about him, lol.

Yep, he especially rocks the Aviators.

The series may be getting old — first sign is when they overuse the violence and sex. I’ll still hang with it, even though Tommy’s ghetto-speak is distracting. He didn’t speak that way in the first season. 

• Love 1

Me either, is it because he's white?

Mostly no. It was previously established that it's not the kind of place where you go in and just order coffee, or just order a single item like a cookie or slice of pie. In fact, the owner prefers to give you whatever the special of the day is and you don't order at all. Tommy kept flouting the rules so the owner is over him.

• Useful 2

So Tommy's plan was to make a more affordable Dahlia version for the commoners. A huge parallel to the plan of making crack a variant of the more "elite" cocaine

That black chemist's days are numbered. The minute she outlives her usefulness and the 3 no longer need her... Watch out!

Three more to go.

• Love 1