S42 Hai Giang

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

CBS bio

Name: Hai Giang
Hometown: Atlanta, GA / Gia Rai, Bac Lieu, Vietnam
Current Residence: New Orleans, LA

Favorite Hobbies: Traveling to new cities and using their public transit system
to explore, bringing my dogs to dog parks, recreating all my favorite dishes from
scratch using recipes I find online.

3 Words to Describe You: Aggressive, astute, and audacious.

Pet Peeve: I hate judgmental people. Looking down on someone for their lifestyle or choices because they’re not the same choices you make is so stupid. I hate patronizing people who talk down to others. Oh, and I hate when people wear shoes in my house.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I’m the first person from my family to go to college and graduate. I bought my first home at 24. I paid off all my student loans ($40k) by age 26. I am the youngest associate director of analytics at my company, by age 27. Most importantly, I’m mentoring my younger brother to ensure he surpasses me in all aspects. Watching him make strides in school and in his personal life is my greatest accomplishment.

What is something we would never know from looking at you? People would never guess that I grew up in extreme poverty by looking at me now. My family and I have very comfortable lives today, but we’ve had to hustle and fight for the past two decades to improve our socio-economic class. We started in a one-bedroom apartment, shared with another family. My parents both worked seven days a week to provide for us, so I was often left alone to fend for myself from the age of 8. I learned to survive and be resilient from a very young age. People don’t see that now, but I’ll always cherish those tougher years. They made me strong.

Who is your hero and why? My mother is my hero. Cliché answer, but it’s true. She came to the U.S. with my father and me as a 23-year-old refugee with no grasp of the English language and $40 in her pockets. I could only imagine how much courage that takes. She worked hard, took no breaks and was able to provide for me despite all the challenges she faced.

Which past Survivor will you play the game most like? I want to say Parvati, but I’m not that hot nor charming. I will realistically be similar to Aubry. She was just a strategic mastermind. She understood social rankings and was able to strategize across very nuanced alliances. She’s also non-threating, similar to myself, so I’ll focus on keeping bigger physical and social threats around to ensure myself a shield. She was also not afraid to cross-alliance lines and work with people who could further her game. Don’t rule anyone out.

Why do you believe you can be the Sole Survivor? I believe that I am a well-rounded individual with great logical sense, a strong ability to read social situations, amazing speaking abilities, and a strong desire to better my family’s lives. There  is no alternative besides coming home with a million-dollar check.

image.jpeg.8fd61e86a0b48fe5f79593ee5086adb1.jpeg

On 2/22/2022 at 7:22 PM, Whimsy said:

Pet Peeve: I hate judgmental people. Looking down on someone for their lifestyle or choices because they’re not the same choices you make is so stupid. I hate patronizing people who talk down to others. Oh, and I hate when people wear shoes in my house.

I like him already.  

• Love 2

Jai is playing hard but he’s a smart guy. I’m still not sure if he makes it to the Final 3 though. I think Jai & Romeo working will be short lived and I think Romeo will take Hai out. I’m hoping I’m wrong because I like Hai over whiny Romeo. 

• Love 1

Here's another interview with Hai:

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-42-hai-giang-interview/

-Apparently, he just found out entirely about Omar's lie to Mike watching it last night.  He said they were putting pieces together after the season, but was surprised when he saw it play out in front of him

-He was embarrassed for Mike that he fell for it, especially because they'd been together longer than they had with anyone else in the tribe, and Hai said he doesn't talk like that.  However, he was very impressed with Omar and how he was able to unravel his game with one lie

-He said that they cheered when they saw Tori was gone because they'd been trying to get her out, but that group wasn't super forthcoming about their TC experience right away.  He said he was distraught when he found out what went down at the TC after they saw Rocks voted off.  He doesn't think TC should have to be like that for anyone.

-Romeo wasn't paranoid because he was on the bottom; Hai says he was on the bottom because of his paranoia.  Hai says his trust with Romeo was broken when he told Romeo that Chanelle was a good target for TC, but Romeo told Tori, who told Chanelle.  And Chanelle confronted Hai about it.

-He said he was annoyed that Romeo voted for him and wouldn't own up to it, in large part because Romeo kept swearing to God.  Hai is atheist and said that Romeo played his faith a lot in the game, but Hai didn't respect that or feel he was being respected when someone swore on their faith to him

-He also says that Mike played emotionally.  His ideal final 3 would have been with Omar and Drea.

-Hai says he would have gone to rocks in the Jenny vote because he knew he had nothing to lose.  If Lydia left that night he knew he'd be next, so if he left by drawing the white rock he was just speeding up the inevitable  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4