Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Auditions Premiere

• Start Topic

Travis being impressed by the "city rider" was the only thing worth noting because he asked him very specific and technical questions. He's not very believable otherwise. The dude has been involved with and done some of the most ridiculous stunts imaginable. Falling onto Legos is nothing.

Terry Crews is a complete tool on this show.

Look on the plus side, no singers!

This episode is actually listed as #2 with #1 being the 1 act preview. With that ep there are already 3 golden buzzers. So this must be a really short season.

There is a lot of fluff and filler. Very few acts but with some fast forwarding there are some decent acts to see. Too bad we only ever get the slowmo shot. Can the producers at least show it in real-time first then do the slowmo shots?!

Did the woman that throws footballs happen to know a producer or something?  That was too much cringe even if she eventually made it.

Man that was a hell of a hard landing for Wheels. Glad to see him nail the 2nd attempt.

Overall it looks like we are going to see a lot of acts you probably have seen before, either live or from different shows.  I think the only act I have never seen was the 3 youtubers and their fire thing and that's because their act was so random, just with fire.

12 hours ago, Superclam said:

Anyone know how many episodes this is going to be? If it's 8, I might give it a chance (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.) If it's going until the summer, I'm not starting. 

Four weeks, so 8.5 hours total. 

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, lambertman said:

Four weeks, so 8.5 hours total. 

Thanks! 

Alright, since I have no willpower or, apparently, self-respect, I watched this last night & I'll watch the rest of it. 

Like someone said above, I fast-forwarded through most of it, and it only took me about 45 minutes. Skipping the back-stories is the best, because I hate those and they go on forever. 

I might write more later, but ending on a positive note, the drone thing was really cool! I don't know if that's a popular thing, but I've never seen it before. 

14 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Terry Crews is a complete tool on this show.

What is his purpose? To point out the obvious? 

"That's America!" 

Thanks, Terry, we totally missed that. 

The drones were gorgeous and magical.  

Spoiler

I am very curious to know if the wheelchair dude who face planted happened before or after someone dang near got killed in performance on this show.  I can just imagine the lawyers arguing with production and Comcast.

15 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The drones were gorgeous and magical.  

Reveal spoiler

I am very curious to know if the wheelchair dude who face planted happened before or after someone dang near got killed in performance on this show.  I can just imagine the lawyers arguing with production and Comcast.

As to your spoiler, he's been doing it for over a decade. So big falls aren't a rarity for him. But visually that was a brutal looking fall.

It's the acts that are being created or performed for the first time for AGT that would get the safety team concerned.