Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Group Effort

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Logan (Cory Jeacoma) is the only witness to a savage crime, that, to all others does not seem to exist, meanwhile Claudette (Jaye Ladymore) stands up to a group of anti-4400's. Mildred (Autumn Best) rallies the troops when she fears Milicent (guest star Raven Whitney) might be in trouble and we get a glimpse into the sisters' lives growing up and the mysterious Caleb (guest star Patrick John Flueger).
Original Airdate: Monday, February 7, 2022

FFH112a_0099r.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

4400-Season-1-Episode-11-1.jpg

4400-Season-1-Episode-11.jpg

I did not recognize Patrick John Flueger!

So The Rev disappeared. I guess since Manny/Jorge can now disappear again, that means The Rev caught the disappearing power from Manny when Manny stabbed him but didn’t take Manny’s disappearing power away?

And since in sci-fi, no body = not dead, The Rev is probably not dead?

I have no idea what’s up with the sister.

Edited by shapeshifter
11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I thought the cult leader looked familiar but I could not figure out who he was!

So The Rev disappeared. I guess since Manny/Jorge can now disappear again, that means The Rev caught the disappearing power from Manny when Manny stabbed him but didn’t take Manny’s disappearing power away?

Oh, maybe. I thought since the green light was present and we found out that Manny is back from the future that maybe Rev went to the future.

• Useful 2
11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

And since in sci-fi, no body = not dead, The Rev is probably not dead?

I have no idea what’s up with the sister.

I'd known that PJF was going to play a role and saw him in the credits. I was expecting to see him in the present day somehow, either a really old version or that he had been Green-Lit also.

Shanice saw that there was a green flash after Logan went to get help. So presumably what happened was that as Manny hoped, stabbing Rev made him unable to hold onto people's powers. But the Green Lighters intervened and whisked Rev into the future, probably to save him.

My guess is that in the past, Millicent got broken with Mildred's disappearance and went all-in on the cult. Then when she got brought to the present Bill Green preyed on that to turn her into a tame 4400. Whether the 44orum people know that she is a 4400, what Green's agenda is or whatever is unclear. 

But at least we are starting to get answers: Manny talks about having intervened to change a future. So it sounds like similar to the original show, future people are seeding our present with superpowered people. But instead of a generic sort of environmental/class struggle that they are trying to avoid, it is much more political and race-based. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

What if the Rev was sent back to his original timeline?   Hearty and whole.  Maybe even having forgotten about his trip to the future. 
Why do we need more oddball plot lines like the sister? 
Am I the only one that seems to note gaps in plot lines from week to week? It’s hard to follow plots when there are jumps in the logic flow weekly.  

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

What if the Rev was sent back to his original timeline?   Hearty and whole.  Maybe even having forgotten about his trip to the future. 
Why do we need more oddball plot lines like the sister? 
Am I the only one that seems to note gaps in plot lines from week to week? It’s hard to follow plots when there are jumps in the logic flow weekly.  

I'd tend to doubt that the Green Lighters would have sent Rev back to his original time. It seems like they gave everyone their specific powers and put them in 2021/2 for a reason. Also Rev had been stabbed, so he was in need of fixing up. Now of course part of the problem with time travel is that they presumably could have Green-lit him before the stabbing happened, or done a lot of different things.

I think the plot line of two sisters dragged across time only to find themselves at odds with one another could have been interesting if done well. But I don't know if it's the writing, the actors, the direction or what. But it wasn't done well.

Nope, from week to week, and within weeks, there are gaps, and things just kind of get left by the wayside. The 4400 staged a raid on the medical center and the show's mostly acting like that hasn't happened when there should be big consequences both for the government and the 4400. The government somehow hasn't lined the hotel with surveillance equipment so that it would know what people have what powers, where Manny is etc.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I'd tend to doubt that the Green Lighters would have sent Rev back to his original time. It seems like they gave everyone their specific powers and put them in 2021/2 for a reason. Also Rev had been stabbed, so he was in need of fixing up. Now of course part of the problem with time travel is that they presumably could have Green-lit him before the stabbing happened, or done a lot of different things.

I think the plot line of two sisters dragged across time only to find themselves at odds with one another could have been interesting if done well. But I don't know if it's the writing, the actors, the direction or what. But it wasn't done well.

Nope, from week to week, and within weeks, there are gaps, and things just kind of get left by the wayside. The 4400 staged a raid on the medical center and the show's mostly acting like that hasn't happened when there should be big consequences both for the government and the 4400. The government somehow hasn't lined the hotel with surveillance equipment so that it would know what people have what powers, where Manny is etc.

The show does have the feeling of having been made up as they were shooting it.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That and also like perhaps the writers of each ep didn't even bother to look at the script of any previous ep before writing lol.

Yeah.   
And yet there are innovative elements in the plot and plot devices and characterizations that I appreciate. 
And the plot seems more cohesive and grounded than La Brea (another first season sci-fi show) even if 4400 seems like they’re winging it.
So I’ll probably keep watching. 

The sisters in this episode were good enough actors, but they kind of fumbled the nature of their relationship with each other–—which the story made confusing in the interest of drama.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

And the plot seems more cohesive and grounded than La Brea

La Brea was all over the place plot wise. I find this show more interesting and I actually care about many of the characters.

• Love 2