Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: David's Journey

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Did Robin remind anyone else of Jan from the Netflix docuseries "Abducted In Plain Sight?"

Haven't seen it, but Robin is definitely rather ditzy and annoying.  Wonder what her job is, and has she no other life (relatives, friends, hobbies)?

On 2/13/2022 at 10:16 PM, LuvMyShows said:

I found her a bit off-putting, and I see why some of the posters found their relationship hinky.  For example, IIRC, she said that when she met him at that foster kids event, she "fell in love with him".  I could see using language like that about a young child or a pet, but it sounds very weird about a 17-year old almost-man.  She also talked about some feature of his that she was "attracted to". This is language that has a hinky feel to it given that it is supposed to be a parent-child relationship.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:16 PM, LuvMyShows said:

I'm thinking how can TLC segue an older foster kid show (possible title "Out of Time") with their 90-day Fiance train wreck show.  So,  Robin is possibly looking for, and found, a life partner? Would this even be a possible scenario if the sexes were reversed? Interesting concept. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Being that overweight must be very labor intensifying!

Just imagine how much work it gets him out of.  Come on, guy can hardly stand up, how can he be expected to work in any capacity or even think beyond what's for lunch and when lunch break is?  Maybe he'll apply for disability.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:47 AM, Boxer Woman said:

Wow, Chumlee's really packed on the pounds, hope to see him back on Pawn Stars soon if he's able.  I thought he had weight loss surgery years ago.

Yes!  I had meant to post how much he looked like Chumlee.  Did Chum really have WLS?

I happened to come across some more information on David. I have followed the Daybell/Vallow murder case which is in the same city that David was from and look at the local news there. I also have been curious for those that watch 90 day if Ella was filmed at the same time as David.

David is currently in Idaho Falls and his faithful old van broke down so he has a go fund me to try and get it fixed so he can go back to Houston. 

The foster mom, Robin had been convicted to welfare fraud, with  medical claims.  She ran a treatment level home for those with mental illness. 

There is an article last week in the East Idaho News that details his story and should clear up confusion about his birth mom, foster care journey and how he ended up on the show.  Of course that article did not include the foster mom's fruad, that was found via court records and an article in the Idaho Stateman. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1