Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Egg Shells

• Start Topic

Sam and Joel embark on a covert mission to uncover the source of her brother-in-law Rick’s sudden windfall. Then, choir practice provides Sam with the courage and clarity to share mounting concerns about her mother Mary Jo with her father Ed.

Airing Sunday, January 30, 2022.

• Love 1
On 1/29/2022 at 10:18 PM, saoirse said:

43 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Was I the only one thinking Sam's mother had dementia up until this episode?

Nope I thought so too and that the dad was the alcoholic.

I felt like Sam was coming through way more like Bridget Everett this week right down to her stage act! I like it!

I think each episode is too short. It always feels unfinished to me. Anyone else?

I’m bummed out that I’ll never see the hot neighbor again. 
BUT: 

Spoiler

I think Sam will fall in love with Murray Hill. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, DiabLOL said:

I’m bummed out that I’ll never see the hot neighbor again

Seconded. 

Bridget Everett is really really good. Her facial expressions have so many layers. I noticed it when she was watching her parents argue and also before and after she sang. I really hope she gets an Emmy nomination. 

I was wary a bit of BE because I don’t really care for her stand up but she has made me a fan. 

• Love 4

I loved her before the show and wondered why they weren’t letting her shine on this show.  I’m thrilled they finally are!  I loved this episode from start to finish and I agree it should be an hour long.  

At first I thought the mother had dementia too, but there have been a lot of comments about her being drunk. Maybe, family members are wrong and it is dementia.  Her husband should know how much she’s drinking though.  If she is a serious alcoholic, it’s going to be tough to get her to change.  

What’s up with Sam’s BIL?  I’m curious.  Is he having an affair?  A man with 2 phones….hmmmmm..usually that means an affair.  

• Love 3
(edited)
On 2/5/2022 at 2:18 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

At first I thought the mother had dementia too, but there have been a lot of comments about her being drunk. Maybe, family members are wrong and it is dementia.  Her husband should know how much she’s drinking though.  

Someone -- either Sam or her dad, I can't remember which -- found a bottle of booze in the mom's sweater/coat in a closet, which seemed to suggest it was alcoholism.

On 2/5/2022 at 2:18 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

What’s up with Sam’s BIL?  I’m curious.  Is he having an affair?  A man with 2 phones….hmmmmm..usually that means an affair.  

Maybe I watch too many true crime shows, but on those, the two phones are for drug dealing. Not sure in this case which reason would be worse!

Edited by LuvMyShows