Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Kiss It Up To God

• Start Topic

As the Illumination Ball nears, Angela and Leah team up to discover the truth about what happened between Teddy and Eve in 1984. Angela must make a choice between Tyrique and Nate.

Airdate: Jan. 25, 2022

Edited by Trini
Removed broken video link
(edited)

Really? Two marriage proposals? Not that I expect much realism here, but neither Angela nor the audience has spent enough time with either guy for that. I can't really root for one over the other -- not that it matters.

Edited by Trini

Favorite outfits:

• Angela's crop top and sarong skirt,
  • Angela's illumination Ball gown,
  • Debbi Morgan looked absolutely gorgeous in that seafoam gown, and the hair was awesome too!
  • honorable mention for Olivia's and Lauren's gowns.

Besides two big cliffhangers, they managed to tie up a lot of things fairly neatly in a short amount of time.

Maybe I'll have energy to nitpick later, but for now, so long, show; I will miss the fabulous clothes and hair and some of these actors.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Trini said:

Favorite outfits:

• Angela's crop top and sarong skirt,
  • Angela's illumination Ball gown,
  • Debbi Morgan looked absolutely gorgeous in that seafoam gown, and the hair was awesome too!
  • honorable mention for Olivia's and Lauren's gowns.

Besides two big cliffhangers, they managed to tie up a lot of things fairly neatly in a short amount of time.

Maybe I'll have energy to nitpick later, but for now, so long, show; I will miss the fabulous clothes and hair and some of these actors.

So over the "baby girl" term and Angela's "everyone owes me" attitude.

• Love 1

Yes, the last couple of episodes have been whiplash-inducing as far as wrapping up various plot points. And I don't even know why they bothered leaving those cliffhangers. As if this show is coming back. Fox probably should have presented this as a limited series to begin with instead of giving the impression that it was sustainable over more than one season.

Cute of the writers/producers to reference one of the biggest cliffhangers in nighttime soap opera history: who shot J.R.? Somehow "who shot Leah?" just doesn't generate the same excitement to me. IMO, OKOP could only wish it was in the same realm as Dallas, or Dynasty, Falcon Crest, and Knots Landing. It takes more than rich people acting rich and poor people trying to get rich to make a decent primetime soap.

The clothes and hair were fabulous in the finale though. Ditto comments upthread on Debbi Morgan's dress and hair. They really did right by her.

• Love 2
On 1/23/2022 at 4:45 PM, Trini said:

Really? Two marriage proposals? Not that I expect much realism here, but neither Angela nor the audience has spent enough time with either guy for that. I can't really root for one over the other -- not that it matters.

I didn't care about either guy beyond them being shirtless.  That said, I guess it didn't occur to Angela that Tyrique proposed mostly because he walked in on Nate doing so?  I guess, Angie. 

I loved the color of Piggy's dress and her hair and make-up were fabulous.  But the dress itself seemed too billowy for her petite frame. 

I don't think the show ever addressed why Raymond lost Darmon to start with. Or maybe I missed it.  And he never really displayed any business savvy.  So for Leah to hand it over plus Franklin made me chuckle. And how you throw your father out of HIS house? 

I was also rolling when Angela confronted Olivia.  Whew, the L. Scott scenery chewing bouncing off Yaya's mediocre acting was too funny. Angela, you'd rather take Olivia's money than Teddy's, even though she set up your mother for drug dealing? Girl, what?    

Anyway, I shall miss the fashion.  And I hope to see some of the actors in other work.   

• Love 3

I wish this show had got better ratings. I thought it was pretty good, they had a pretty strong cast, although admittedly, I missed its earlier episodes.

I loved that they used "I Remember Me" at the end of this episode (perhaps the finale episode). That's my favorite JHUD song. <3

• Love 1

Oh and Tyrique know that his father was alive????  I can't remember them "meeting" and "catching up over lost time".

As crappy-ish as this show was, I want to see who killed Leah...................I have a feeling it was Darius though.  Revenge.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Nessa said:

Um.........whoever shot Leah is a dumb criminal.  You're meant to tell me that he couldn't hear two voices in the office that clearly weren't Teddy's?!?!?!?!?

That, and the he didn't even look to see if it was actually Teddy he was shooting!

On 1/27/2022 at 3:57 PM, Nessa said:

Oh and Tyrique know that his father was alive????  I can't remember them "meeting" and "catching up over lost time".

I think his father is dead, right?  This reminded me of another dropped plot point.  I assumed Teddy was lying about his father committing suicide, so I figured the gun had something to do with his death, not the brother's.  Too many plot points, too little time.      

• Love 1

I finally remembered I never finished the season so I caught up on the last two episodes. None of this season has made any sense. They spent the last two episodes reminding us that the twins were twins and I was so confused because I thought the boy was a little older. Also it felt like the show forgot he existed until the last 3 episodes when they decided to give him a random love story with the housekeeper's granddaughter who is now pregnant? And maybe stealing from everyone? I was surprised that the girl twin even cared about him or his romance. BTW Taylor, the ex that kept skipping back and forth between Girl Twin and Girl Cousin was triflin and neither girl should have wanted anything to do with her. Also the fact that I remember her name and not any of the kids is very confusing to me, lol.

I figured Rose had set up Eve and Teddy was trying to protect her this whole time so imagine my surprise when no, she killed his brother and it was someone else. The phone smashing and "it's in the cloud, bitch!" had me cackling. I wish the show had been more like that.

If the show comes back I hope the figure out a good medium between whiplashing through storylines and having things actually make sense (even in night time soap opera logic). But if it doesn't come back I will miss the fashion.

• Love 1