Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Drug Related

• Start Topic

Dead Ghost does more talking than Alive Ghost.

Season 1 Diana and season 2 Diana are two different Dianas. She really knows how to blow up a family dinner.

So… Carrie’s gone 😁

This episode gives me season finale vibes.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1

My goodness! This episode was odd and funny.

Zeke is 23 and he thought he was 19! The first thing on his mind after this revelation was he broke NCAA violations? LOL! At least he can legally drink now. I have a feeling the clerk on the phone with Diana knew all this juicy gossip about Zeke since the day he was born and was waiting for someone finally to call. Once she heard "Ezekial Cross" .......It was time to talk and pass out birth certificates (Is this legal). She probably has the scoop on all shady activities in NYC.

Zeke can't take a hint? If Diana said she was at the game, cover for her and say she was there! You dumb, newly revealed 23 year old motherf*cker!

For Monet to ask how Diana would know so much about Tariq's trial. I would think this is in the news and internet to search.

Do Diana or Cane or Dru expect to still live in the house after all this? 

With Zeke's big revelation and Monet outed to be sleeping with Dante, they overshadowed Cane messing up the family business, Dru didn't kill Everrett and no one eating the cornbread.

Why is Sullivan putting Carrie on the stand without having all the facts about her background and no preparation? Davis made them look so stupid. I think Davis wanted to brag to the court he got Carrie.

Is the hanger around the corner from Dante's apartment in Manhattan that Chef can easily get back to and there was no traffic that day? Didn't know Manhattan was so small in this BIG rich town.

Was the power back on when Chef got back to the apartment so he could take the elevator or was he a former stair climbing champion? He got back to apartment quick while slow ass Dru was there.

That heist was so bad, the people on "Animal Kingdom" were not impressed.

I'm sure the jurors were advised to not make faces or laugh at jokes in the courtroom.

Damn! How many guns does Dante need in his apartment? Where does he have room to keep his clothes? I think there were guns in the refrigerator too. But why go back to the apartment for weapons, I would think Dante has an arsenal in his SUV or at the hangar.

So Ghost put in the will to have Yaz adopted, the adoption record sealed and her last name changed. I have a hard time thinking Ghost planned all this. The lawyer must have a stack of instructions for different scenarios at different ages. Does Yaz get her inheritance with the new name in foster care? I am sure Ghost foreseen the family that she would be joining. I guess Yaz is not needed anymore and they came up with this BS to get the character off the show.

What exactly did Chef do that there was enough proof to be the mole to get killed? Dante clearly can't think straight. Chef was an interesting character and shouldn't have been killed off this fast.

See ya Carrie! Your time was up last season. You shouldn't have let Tariq talk you into going on the witness stand. Now you lost your job and integrity.

I wonder if Monet had to really force Carrie into hanging herself. Maybe a little encouragement from her (waving a gun) but I think Carrie was ready to go.

See ya Lil Guap! I'm impressed you made this far on the show. Where was your gun during the fight with Dru or strength to toss him over the railing? Not even a hit of coke could elevate him to save his life. 

So Lil Guap is dead, all GTG has been eliminated, and Chef is dead, how will Dante know where to recover the stolen the drugs and valuables? Or is it not worth pursuing to him? A write off?! At least keep Chef alive to get a confession. He just assumed he was the mole with no proof and slit his throat. Cane conveniently mentions GTG and Dante caught him peaking where the ring was kept but that's not enough to suspect Cane. Ok!

So far, Diana caused the contractor to be killed by Monet for being blamed taking the money from the safe (that she took) and now she got Carrie supposedly killed by Monet so Zeke can't go to her again. Diana has blood on her hands and she doesn't care.

I would hope Laruen's parents has the sense to get her far away from the school now. I wouldn't mind if she is off the show. They couldn't find actors with same complexion as Lauren to play her parents?

Effie is falling for Tariq. Poor girl! Now she has the skills to turn off the entire power in an apartment building. Ok!

What was Saxe's motivation to give Tariq information? He has great hearing to know Tariq heard the recording from a closed room.

Sullivan draws the line with kissing but having sex with Saxe is not a problem. Ok!

The one who suffered the most this episode was Tate. His efforts and hopes to get Carrie in bed is all gone and now he has to grade papers alone. He doesn't have time, they are all getting As.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

This was a really odd episode.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Zeke is 23 and he thought he was 19! The first thing on his mind after this revelation was he broke NCAA violations? LOL!

😂😂😂

I feel like everybody else didn’t react in a way that you would expect. I expected a more shocked reaction when you find out that your cousin is actually your older brother. I don’t know how Diana kept that news to herself until dinner.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Zeke can't take a hint? If Diana said she was at the game, cover for her and say she was there! You dumb, newly revealed 23 year old motherf*cker!

🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

They ain’t got nowhere else to go. Cane has a fuck buddy that he stays with but she don’t want him there as we saw the last time Monet kicked him out of the house.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

So Lil Guap is dead, all GTG has been eliminated, and Chef is dead, how will Dante know where to recover the stolen the drugs and valuables? Or is it not worth pursuing to him? A write off?! At least keep Chef alive to get a confession. He just assumed he was the mole with no proof and slit his throat. Cane conveniently mentions GTG and Dante caught him peaking where the ring was kept but that's not enough to suspect Cane. Ok!

Maybe it’s a long term setup for Cane but I didn’t understand how he jumped to the conclusion that the chef was the mole.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Effie is falling for Tariq. Poor girl! Now she has the skills to turn off the entire power in an apartment building. Ok!

These girls can’t stay off the hamster wheel.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

The one who suffered the most this episode was Tate. His efforts and hopes to get Carrie in bed is all gone and now he has to grade papers alone. He doesn't have time, they are all getting As.

😂😂😂

I can see Tate saying “fuck this paperwork. You all can get As but I need something in return first…”

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, AntFTW said:

They ain’t got nowhere else to go. Cane has a fuck buddy that he stays with but she don’t want him there as we saw the last time Monet kicked him out of the house.

Correction on my part: Diana just became daddy's little favorite. She's going nowhere.

Dru and Cane might as well move to the basement or garage.

Another option for those two, there is a bloody GTG clubhouse that just became available. 

I feel like everybody else didn’t react in a way that you would expect. I expected a more shocked reaction when you find out that your cousin is actually your older brother. I don’t know how Diana kept that news to herself until dinner.

They didn't for sure!

Diana didn't even run to Lord Tariq with the news as soon as she found out. Now that's focus keeping a secret!

Maybe it’s a long term setup for Cane but I didn’t understand how he jumped to the conclusion that the chef was the mole.

Maybe Dante is playing the long game and also knows he can't kill Monet's son. But I don't see a good reason to waste a loyal member of your staff just to play Cane. Just don't bring up "mole" at all.

I can see Tate saying “fuck this paperwork. You all can get As but I need something in return first…”

LOL. Right now he is working hard getting information on their parent's employment, background. etc. so he knows who to shakedown for political favors or get free items. 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Zeke is 23 and he thought he was 19! The first thing on his mind after this revelation was he broke NCAA violations? LOL!

How did that make it past the writers room?? How do you front date a child’s age FOUR YEARS?????? When did this tall ass child start school? He’s in college- where are the school records??? A year or two- ok, but FOUR years???

That was SHITTY WRITING. They should’ve had Zeke have been conceived/born when Lorenzo was in jail but they dropped the charges, (Cane would’ve been a baby) and she made arrangements to have her sister adopt the baby because her husband was coming home. 

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Maybe Dante is playing the long game and also knows he can't kill Monet's son. But I don't see a good reason to waste a loyal member of your staff just to play Cane. Just don't bring up "mole" at all.

Yeah I don’t know. I know if one of her sons dies Money would never forgive Dante. 

Side note- what’s up with all the misogyny around Diana’s sex life. The girl is 18, her wanting to have sex with Tariq doesn’t make her “against the family”. Tariq had his faults, trust, but Diana isn’t stupid, even though she’s hot for him. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Side note- what’s up with all the misogyny around Diana’s sex life. The girl is 18, her wanting to have sex with Tariq doesn’t make her “against the family”.

I thought Monet, at least, should have been lowkey proud that the girl is protecting herself when she found the condoms. She won't be adding to the St. Patrick family tree any time soon.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

How did that make it past the writers room?? How do you front date a child’s age FOUR YEARS?????? When did this tall ass child start school? He’s in college- where are the school records??? A year or two- ok, but FOUR years???

That was SHITTY WRITING. They should’ve had Zeke have been conceived/born when Lorenzo was in jail but they dropped the charges, (Cane would’ve been a baby) and she made arrangements to have her sister adopt the baby because her husband was coming home. 

Couldn't agree more

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Now THAT would've made a lot more sense that this dreck. Power has never been Shakespeare, but the writing is getting even sillier. Monet's sister has been using a fake birth certificate THIS WHOLE TIME? If Zeke was born in '98, in order to make this mess work, are we really supposed to believe that he started school when he was 8? Let's say he started pre-kindergarten in '06 (to keep up with the ruse of him being born in '02). Yes, there are kids who are tall for their age (I was one on them), but there's no way an 8 year old is passing for 4. This is just throwing whatever at the wall to see what sticks. 

And while I'm on the subject of age, MJB and Daniel Sunjata look good, but if they were 16 when Zeke was born in '98, that would make them 39/40 currently. Neither of them look THAT young. They both look mid-40s at best. When Dante was first introduced, he was driving around blasting "Can You Stand the Rain"? considering that song came out in 1988, it would align with their IRL ages. MJB and Daniel Sunjata are 50. I don't think a 16 year old in 1998 is going to be blasting a 10 year old New Edition song. No disrespect to New Edition, though. 

I won't miss Carrie. If we're supposed to believe that Zeke is 23, I guess we'll have to accept that Monet killed Carrie and hanged her, too. 

I know Zeke is supposed to be the dumb jock stereotype, but for someone who got arrested for a crime he didn't commit, why would you go inside someone's apartment once the door is ajar? These keystone cops and lawyers are going to pin Carrie's death on him. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I know Zeke is supposed to be the dumb jock stereotype, but for someone who got arrested for a crime he didn't commit, why would you go inside someone's apartment once the door is ajar? These keystone cops and lawyers are going to pin Carrie's death on him. 

I was thinking that too. I feel badly for Zeke because he isn’t a bad guy! He just wants to play ball. His relationship with Carrie was on HER not him. 

39 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

And while I'm on the subject of age, MJB and Daniel Sunjata look good, but if they were 16 when Zeke was born in '98, that would make them 39/40 currently. Neither of them look THAT young. They both look mid-40s at best. When Dante was first introduced, he was driving around blasting "Can You Stand the Rain"? considering that song came out in 1988, it would align with their IRL ages. MJB and Daniel Sunjata are 50. I don't think a 16 year old in 1998 is going to be blasting a 10 year old New Edition song. No disrespect to New Edition, though. 

The math does NOT add up at all. That’s why I thought Dante and Monet hooked up again after she married Lorenzo (maybe Monet was upset Lorenzo got arrested and had a moment of weakness with her ex)- THAT would’ve made sense with the time line, the allure of first love and Monet deciding not to tell him because she was MARRIED to another man with whom she had a child.

I could see Monet being conflicted, not knowing if Dante really did want to be with her, and then with Lorenzo coming home, deciding her sister adopt the baby was the best thing. Cane would’ve been 1-2 years old so no need to lie or have him lie to Lorenzo (he wouldn’t have remembered). 

But Monet being a teen, having a baby with Dante that she had her sister adopt, marrying Lorenzo in her 20s and then having 3 more kids…..all the while this first child is supposed to be YOUNGER than Cane? Again- even if the kids didn’t meet Zeke when they were little, Zeke’s mother(bio Aunt) was in on this ruse to lie about the child’s age?? For what? A better story line would’ve been that Zeke knew his actual age, and swapped identities with another boy he knew to go to college- and THAT coming out (there was a Law & Order episode with that plot line, the swapped cousin’s identities so the older one could play baseball at a younger age, and the younger boy was having trouble in school because he was 3 years ahead of where he should’ve been). 

Book II is the weakest book writing wise in my opinion. Book III was a surprise hit- I was very impressed with that storyline and the surprise parentage reveal (which made sense with MATH). 

Shocked. Shocked! Tariq is a straight-A student trying to keep his little sister out of foster care! He can't be a murderer! 🙄

Yasmine is old enough to remember her last name. At some point she'll be able to look for Tariq and let him know where she is. Is the adoptive family planning to leave the planet, or have her memory wiped Men in Black-style?

Mecca has excellent taste in engagement rings. Too bad he's an obsessive stalker.

Poor Saxe was putting in that work with Jenny like there was a strike and he was a scab. He hated doing it but he had to. 😉

Your word is trash, Carrie, because you're a big ol' heaux! 🤭 The way Davis took her down on the witness stand was hilarious to me. (However, IRL I think slut-shaming to discredit a woman witness is problematic.)

Dru trying to roll hard, waving that gun like he's James Bond or somebody. I can't with him. But apparently Lil Guap couldn't either, ha ha.

Cane should've left Diana alone. She went HAM and delivered all the receipts at that dinner table--except the one where Lorenzo's drug connect is Monet's baby daddy. Not sure why she's holding onto that one.

Yep, posters here were right, Zeke is way older than Cane. He was 15 when he was in the 5th grade, lol. And wow, Lorenzo actually looked hurt to find out Monet had been lying to him for decades. His eyes were tearing up and everything.

Dang! Did Monet kill Carrie and make it look like she hung herself? Whatever, AFAIC that bitch better be really, most sincerely dead. Now she can join Jabari in hell.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

I found it very interesting that during the court proceeding, they focused on that black woman juror. I’m guessing that if Tariq gets off on these charges, she’s the reason.

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Cane should've left Diana alone. She went HAM and delivered all the receipts at that dinner table--except the one where Lorenzo's drug connect is Monet's baby daddy. Not sure why she's holding onto that one.

Because she doesn’t know.

The only person that knows that Dante is Cane’s connect and also Monet’s baby daddy is Dante. Cane, Dru and Lorenzo doesn’t know “Mecca” is also Dante. Monet doesn’t know that Dante is also “Mecca.” AFAIK, Diana doesn’t know who the connect is at all.

Also, Monet should have left Diana alone too. Monet was apart of the plan to lure Diana to Tariq. Was Monet just trying to catch Diana in a lie?

Edited by AntFTW
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Your word is trash, Carrie, because you're a big ol' heaux! 🤭 The way Davis took her down on the witness stand was hilarious to me. (However, IRL I think slut-shaming to discredit a woman witness is problematic.)

Yes- Carrie has done some dirt, but from what we have seen, everyone she has slept with has been a consenting adult. She didn't sexually harass anyone, she didn't break any laws, she didn't steal, she didn't assault people. Now she should be fired because she broke employment rules by sleeping with Zeke (and continuing to do so when she knew he was a student) but he WAS an adult. 

I hate seeing a black woman (and its not lost on me that she is very beautiful and educated) being torn down and held to a standard 100x higher than the men have been held to. Yeah Carrie has her issues, but of EVERYONE she has lied the LEAST and done the LEAST wrong.(minus Zeke)

• Love 2
On 1/23/2022 at 11:18 AM, mxc90 said:

For Monet to ask how Diana would know so much about Tariq's trial. I would think this is in the news and internet to search.

It;s because Monet knew Diana was lying. Monet was apart of the plan to use Tariq to lure Diana away.

Dru suggested to Monet and Cane that they use Tariq to keep Diana distracted. I don't know if Monet knew specifically that Diana was gonna be at Tariq's trial but she had a pretty good idea that she was gonna be with Tariq.

Edited by AntFTW

I just wanna say that Effie is wasting her time and her talents with these little boys.

Despite liking Tariq's dumbass, she's smarter than everybody else.

I need a show about Effie. Fuck Tariq.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I just wanna say that Effie is wasting her time and her talents with these little boys.

Despite liking Tariq's dumbass, she's smarter than everybody else.

I need a show about Effie. Fuck Tariq.

I like Effie too. I’d like more scenes of her and Diana together. 

On 1/23/2022 at 9:05 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I would love to see pictures of Zeke's first day as a freshman in high school with a beard. 

I want to meet Monet's sister that went along with this plan, no guilt and lied to Zeke all these years. She couldn't have taken him with Monet telling her this walking 5 year old is 1 (or whatever age she took him).

On 1/23/2022 at 9:05 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Side note- what’s up with all the misogyny around Diana’s sex life. The girl is 18, her wanting to have sex with Tariq doesn’t make her “against the family”. Tariq had his faults, trust, but Diana isn’t stupid, even though she’s hot for him. 

Diana better get all the sex she can before Monet gets her hands around her throat again. I would not be surprised if she carried out her many threats to kill her. This show has a bad track record of a father killing his son or a son shooting his father. 

Not sure why Lorenzo said "I thought I raised you better". He was in prison all those years. How much raising did he do?

11 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I found it very interesting that during the court proceeding, they focused on that black woman juror. I’m guessing that if Tariq gets off on these charges, she’s the reason.

She was eating up Davis' words about Tariq. Not so much with Jenny. 

19 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I guess we'll have to accept that Monet killed Carrie and hanged her, too. 

I would think Monet made Carrie write a suicide note so the detectives wouldn't investigate. But if Whitman is still on the show, I guess this will be his next case to try to solve or pin on Tariq.

8 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I need a show about Effie.

Is there room in the great Power Universe for this? LOL. Is it true there might be a spinoff with Davis and Saxe? Might as well have Yaz come back in 10 years with her show (reading all the letters Ghost left for her predicting everything accurately). 

11 hours ago, AntFTW said:

The only person that knows that Dante is Cane’s connect and also Monet’s baby daddy is Dante. Cane, Dru and Lorenzo doesn’t know “Mecca” is also Dante. Monet doesn’t know that Dante is also “Mecca.” AFAIK, Diana doesn’t know who the connect is at all.

I'm surprised Monet has heard Mecca's name twice and was never curious to ask Cane to meet.

7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I like Effie too. I’d like more scenes of her and Diana together. 

With back to back episodes of each hooking up with Tariq, those two are definitely headed for a show down. Maybe not the scenes you are expecting. Not interested to see them fight over him.

I do want to see Lorenzo and Dante brawl.

I wonder to what level of anger will Dante be with the stolen ring.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
On 1/23/2022 at 10:18 AM, mxc90 said:

Zeke is 23 and he thought he was 19! The first thing on his mind after this revelation was he broke NCAA violations? LOL! At least he can legally drink now. I have a feeling the clerk on the phone with Diana knew all this juicy gossip about Zeke since the day he was born and was waiting for someone finally to call. Once she heard "Ezekial Cross" .......It was time to talk and pass out birth certificates (Is this legal). She probably has the scoop on all shady activities in NYC.

With Zeke's big revelation and Monet outed to be sleeping with Dante, they overshadowed Cane messing up the family business, Dru didn't kill Everrett and no one eating the cornbread.

Why is Sullivan putting Carrie on the stand without having all the facts about her background and no preparation? Davis made them look so stupid. I think Davis wanted to brag to the court he got Carrie.

Is the hanger around the corner from Dante's apartment in Manhattan that Chef can easily get back to and there was no traffic that day? Didn't know Manhattan was so small in this BIG rich town.

Was the power back on when Chef got back to the apartment so he could take the elevator or was he a former stair climbing champion? He got back to apartment quick while slow ass Dru was there.

That heist was so bad, the people on "Animal Kingdom" were not impressed.

I'm sure the jurors were advised to not make faces or laugh at jokes in the courtroom.

Damn! How many guns does Dante need in his apartment? Where does he have room to keep his clothes? I think there were guns in the refrigerator too. But why go back to the apartment for weapons, I would think Dante has an arsenal in his SUV or at the hangar.

So Ghost put in the will to have Yaz adopted, the adoption record sealed and her last name changed. I have a hard time thinking Ghost planned all this. The lawyer must have a stack of instructions for different scenarios at different ages. Does Yaz get her inheritance with the new name in foster care? I am sure Ghost foreseen the family that she would be joining. I guess Yaz is not needed anymore and they came up with this BS to get the character off the show.

What exactly did Chef do that there was enough proof to be the mole to get killed? Dante clearly can't think straight. Chef was an interesting character and shouldn't have been killed off this fast.

See ya Carrie! Your time was up last season. You shouldn't have let Tariq talk you into going on the witness stand. Now you lost your job and integrity.

I wonder if Monet had to really force Carrie into hanging herself. Maybe a little encouragement from her (waving a gun) but I think Carrie was ready to go.

See ya Lil Guap! I'm impressed you made this far on the show. Where was your gun during the fight with Dru or strength to toss him over the railing? Not even a hit of coke could elevate him to save his life. 

So far, Diana caused the contractor to be killed by Monet for being blamed taking the money from the safe (that she took) and now she got Carrie supposedly killed by Monet so Zeke can't go to her again. Diana has blood on her hands and she doesn't care.

I would hope Laruen's parents has the sense to get her far away from the school now. I wouldn't mind if she is off the show. They couldn't find actors with same complexion as Lauren to play her parents?

What was Saxe's motivation to give Tariq information? He has great hearing to know Tariq heard the recording from a closed room.

Sullivan draws the line with kissing but having sex with Saxe is not a problem. Ok!

I don't like Diana, she crossed her mother and and stepped out of her lane , it appears that Diana is competing with Monet for her fathers affection.. I only hate I never got to actually see Monet sleep with Dante ! Zeke couldn't cover for Diana anyway because Monet already knew the truth. Effie is gangsta  ! I would like to see she and Tariq really hook up but I feel her days are numbered. I just wish Monet had told her husband from the start about Zeke, It would not have made any difference to him , Zeke could have stayed in the South but Lorenzo would have at least known about him. Monet was young and made a bad decision which lead to this.