Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E95: Afterparty: I'm What You Call a Massh*le

• Start Topic

Olajuwan, Chris, and Noi chat with host Keshia Knight Pulliam, about the final two weddings, the damning comments from a few wedding guests, and the terrible start to Alyssa and Chris's marriage.

Airs Wednesday Jan 19 at 11:03PM EST

When they showed the clip of Alyssa talking to the producers and walking away from Chris after the wedding both Noi and Olajuwan were visibly upset. Olajuwan spoke up and said that Chris was a great guy and Noi was surprised that Alyssa didn’t seem to give it a chance. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Masshole was how Chris described himself and his buddies. They don’t have a problem with that. Chris is a salesman and was right up front about how hard he was working to appear charming on his wedding day.  Methinks there’s more—or less—there still to drop.

Alyssa finds him thoroughly unappealing—and at the end of a long and disappointing day, folded her cards and regrouped on her own. This one has no chance but the producers will get 1/5 of their drama.

• Useful 1

Well, from what I gathered, no one seems to like Alyssa. Noi and Olajuwon both seemed shocked and bothered by her attitude. She seems to have decided right up front to not bother to get to know Chris. I don't know if his looks immediately turned her off, or what his buddies said, but I just can't see where she really tried to get to know him personally. The honeymoon preview looks painful.

• Love 1

Alyssa definitely did not seem delighted at the ceremony, but I read it that it was more of the tension and the reality sinking in. She was jokey and trying to be somewhat conversational even a bit after. It seemed some of the comments his friends made sat wrong with her. I thought it was pretty insignificant the comment about he can be condescending when trying to explain something. I mean I know it can be obnoxious but it doesn't seem as horrible as someone telling you he has a history of cheating or lying or whatever. She cited that as just something she couldn't deal with.

She also said something to the effect of " not one thing I said I needed " was fulfilled with him.

I wish she would have given more of a try.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Not many people seemed to watch this. I am sure it doesn't help that Lifetime scheduled what looks like a terrible show between 2 hours of MAFS and then another hour of a bad show and THEN After party. I was sound asleep by then!

haha maybe that's why I never seem to have seen what most of you have! But I did watch the wedding episode last night. The After party was good last week except that Lindsey DOMINATED. I don't think I saw it this week. 

((snooze.....zzzzz))

8 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Not many people seemed to watch this. I am sure it doesn't help that Lifetime scheduled what looks like a terrible show between 2 hours of MAFS and then another hour of a bad show and THEN After party. I was sound asleep by then!

I don't understand the scheduling either. I have to watch the episodes on Amazon, which is fine with me (no commercials, yay!) Although they had the Afterparty posted first, around 10 pm and the wedding episode wasn't until later, after I went to bed...it usually is posted sometime after midnight.

• Love 1

I always wonder at what point the interviews take place.  They are only talking about the footage from the weddings but have they already been married for awhile and just pretending that they only know about the current episode and perhaps the next one since there is a sneak peak. Every season there is always one person freaked out about the filming. Do they not watch the show! And there is always one who expects to get the perfect groom or wife and yet they themselves are very far from perfect.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:01 PM, Retired at last said:

You forgot to call the Afterparty awful....I can't believe they replaced Jamie O. with someone no better or worse.  I felt like Noi was the one left out this week.  And she asked questions that she should know they wouldn't be able to answer without bringing up stuff they can't mention yet.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2