Type keyword(s) to search

Taylor Sheridan's Yellowstone

tessaray
  • Start Topic

A place to discuss the rest of the Yellowstone universe that might be of interest to 1883 viewers.

Please note that Yellowstone has its own forum. Any specific actor, character or episodic discussion should go there. Anything remotely spoiler-ish should be tagged appropriately. 

Anyone else think that the Yellowstone 6666 spinoff will kill the franchise? I like Yellow and 1883 but from what I have seen in the 6666 eps of Yellowstone, it lacks interesting characters and the lush setting of Yellowstone. 

I would watch 6666 but I'm not going to pay to watch it on Paramount+.  I also don't want to see Taylor Sheridan's smug face.  It's too bad because I liked his movies but I never knew what he looked like until Yellowstone. 

Or maybe he was in some of his movies but I never noticed him.

I'm still holding out hope that Taylor Kitsch (the great Tim Riggins in Friday Night Lights) will be the POV in Four Sixes, and NOT Jimmy.  See my post at the Reddit 6666 sub to grasp the background on this.  What do you think?  Will we get him?  (I tried to start a sub here at PrimeTimer for the show, but the Mods answered that we don't yet know enough about it, wouldn't open a forum yet.  Hopefully, soon!)

15 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I have no plans to watch 6666. I might have if the entire season of Y hadn’t been devoted to a back door 6666 pilot. 

And not a very good back door either. It felt really forced and it has been quite boring watching the 6666 scenes. 

11 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I don't plan on watching 6666, either. Jimmy isn't exciting enough to lead a show.

It doesn't make sense that Jimmy worked at Yellowstone for so long then gets sent off to cowboy school. And I agree, he is the least interesting character on the show, after the horses and cattle. 

4 hours ago, joliefaire said:

I'm still holding out hope that Taylor Kitsch (the great Tim Riggins in Friday Night Lights) will be the POV in Four Sixes, and NOT Jimmy.  See my post at the Reddit 6666 sub to grasp the background on this.  What do you think?  Will we get him?  (I tried to start a sub here at PrimeTimer for the show, but the Mods answered that we don't yet know enough about it, wouldn't open a forum yet.  Hopefully, soon!)

They need someone better than Jimmy that is for sure. I don't think they have done a good job with creating interest in 6666 overall. It looks like a poor man's Yellowstone.

I have absolutely no interest in watching "6666".  Even if they got a "name" actor to lead it.  I just can't stand Jimmy.  I tolerated him during the first three seasons.  He was kind of entertaining during the first season when he was truly a clueless idiot.  But his character development didn't advance at all, and this season 4 I outright grew to despise him and started fastforwarding all of his scenes.

I don't think "6666" will kill the franchise but I definitely see it being the least successful.  

I think "1883" is fantastic and I'd love for the next season of "Yellowstone" to introduce some new characters who are descendants of some of the "1883" characters.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, blackwing said:

I have absolutely no interest in watching "6666".  Even if they got a "name" actor to lead it.  I just can't stand Jimmy.  I tolerated him during the first three seasons.  He was kind of entertaining during the first season when he was truly a clueless idiot.  But his character development didn't advance at all, and this season 4 I outright grew to despise him and started fastforwarding all of his scenes.

I don't think "6666" will kill the franchise but I definitely see it being the least successful.  

I think "1883" is fantastic and I'd love for the next season of "Yellowstone" to introduce some new characters who are descendants of some of the "1883" characters.

He has become a fully fledged cowboy now but he still isn't interesting nor is the 6666. 

1 hour ago, LadyIrony said:

He has become a fully fledged cowboy now but he still isn't interesting nor is the 6666. 

No.  For all the time they devoted to it, what did we actually see that would get us interested in watching it?  Fancy horse tricks, riding, more riding, and Jimmy making out with the vet tech.  What plot was there? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

No.  For all the time they devoted to it, what did we actually see that would get us interested in watching it?  Fancy horse tricks, riding, more riding, and Jimmy making out with the vet tech.  What plot was there? 

Yep I still don't understand the 6666 in the same way I understand the Yellowstone ranch. There just doesn't seem to be anything to it. It's like a factory. I don't actually care about the fancy horse tricks and although I'm not an animal activist the trick where they skid on their knees is quite cruel and pointless, what purpose does doing that serve other than being a trick?

It was a desperate attempt to throw in another spin off but as you said, we get Jimmy, the vet and horse tricks? None of the 6666 people are likeable either. It just doesn't have the warmth or appeal of the "Y" ranch. 

• Love 2

I found this information in a rather weird, roundabout way. While trying to figure out if Calah from Joe Millionaire had any connection to the 6666s (the only Texas cattle ranch whose name I know) I saw an announcement that a group headed by Taylor Sheridan bought it last year or the year before. No wonder he's making a series out of it; he'd like to get some of that $347 million he spent on it back asap.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1