Type keyword(s) to search

Beyond the Edge in the Media: Welcome to the D-List

• Start Topic

Thank you peach!  

So, is it a requirement that all celeb based reality shows have to have a Real Housewife among the cast or something?

Hopefully there's some good drama in this cast!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I continue to be amazed at who t.v. producers consider to be a "celebrity."  Have we so diluted our language that celebrity now includes anyone who has ever appeared in any aspect of the media in any way?  Hey, I've been interviewed for newscasts-so maybe I should get an agent and pursue my celebrity career?  Oh, and some of these "celebrities" just need to go away.

• Love 3
On 2/5/2022 at 12:03 PM, LadyChatts said:

So, is it a requirement that all celeb based reality shows have to have a Real Housewife among the cast or something?

I think it is a case where the supply overwhelms the demand.  At least my demand.  I have no idea who any of the "Real" Housewives, or Bachelor/Bachelorette type people, or American Idol/So You Think You Can Dance/America's Got Talent etc. type people are.  Out of this cast I recognize Jodi Sweetin for obvious reasons, Paulina Porizkova because I was a The Cars fan in the '80s, Mike Singletary from football, and Metta World Peace from his bizarre turn on Celebrity Big Brother.  I have no idea who the rest of them are, even though I looked them up.

What's the over/under that Metta sticks this one out?

The promos certainly look all exciting and full of action and danger.  I'm afraid, however, that what we saw in the promos is all the action ever filmed for the series, and was really only for the promos.  I suspect we'll get a lot of sitting around and navel gazing and whining.  Just a guess...

But yeah.  I'll watch it.  I won't be rooting for anyone but the charities.

Not sure if this is the article you were looking at, but I guess he took the hint.  Although he appears to have a different spin on it:

https://www.etonline.com/colton-underwood-talks-opting-out-of-a-tv-wedding-and-facing-his-fears-on-beyond-the-edge-exclusive

Colton Underwood has axed the idea of a TV wedding. The 30-year-old Beyond the Edge star joined ET's Denny Directo on The Download, and revealed why he and fiancé Jordan C. Brown won't be tying the knot on TV.

"That's a hard no, no matter what the dollar amount is," Underwood insisted. "I've been there, done that with my life, and there's moments now that I'm keeping private."