Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Gettin' These Ends

• Start Topic

Monet has super speed to break the car window and hop in the back seat to put a gun to Carrie. Supposedly Carrie is smart but is easily lured to the woods to meet Zeke.

Funny! Tariq is now walking into Davis office and giving them orders. Saxe is asking him questions, Tariq just ignores him and addresses Davis.

Monet has a million dollars in cash in a safe at the bar and didn't think to move it when the workers are there to do construction on the bar. A million can fit in that small safe? Monet doesn't have another source to get the cash that she has to apply for a second mortgage.

Poor guy get his ear cut off and killed because of Diana. Now who is going to finish the construction job?

The guy playing Zeke comes off like a 9 year old child with his acting. He is too big to look this stupid. Why come out on the front porch to the moron reporter to look dumb anyway? Even if he makes it to the NBA, he will be "food" for the grown men in the league. Please don't play for the Knicks!

The team sets up a gofundme and the huge amount of cash is quickly in Dru's hand by the end of the day? Ok!

Who is Dante's and Monet's child? Cane or Zeke?

Monet confronts Dante about getting the money for Zeke's case and he doesn't deny it, doesn't look surprised and acts like he was responsible.

In the previous episode when the two girls were in Lauren's room, I thought one of them was her roommate. Now we find out she doesn't have a roommate. From that episode, Lauren just walked in her room, they were there using, when she left they were still there and put the drugs in her drawer. This episode, not one time Lauren could put 2x2 together to know she was setup by the talkative one (forgot her name) and to record them for the police. She is more concerned about making out with Tariq and watching the stupid interview. Makes no sense!

Word never got back from the nosy students to Tariq that she was busted? Campus police is conducting dorm searches and of all the people to find drugs in the dorm, it is Lauren. The hundreds of real users on campus didn't get caught. Bullshit!

Look at Carrie making promises to Lauren that the charges won't stick and her parents will never know.

It's a matter of time now until she finds out about Tariq.

Kamal Tate just shows up to be part of the investigation. There are no other qualified detectives in the NYPD?

Could Effie not scream any louder in the store about the clone credit cards?

Am I to believe Effie is genuinely concerned about Diana getting with Tariq? After she found out that Diana has never been with anyone, I am sure that sparked her desire to lure her to her bed.

So only Zeke can go to school and Monet's 3 kids can't go to school? Huh!

Sullivan brings all her files in a brief case to be conveniently seen by Saxe.

I could have told them to not trust Jemelle Hill. Why would Davis agree for the interview to be live. Tape it and edit out the tough questions. If it was live, how did the show bleep Zeke's cursing that fast? Surprised Monet didn't stomp a hole in Hill at the studio.

Simon and the people at Stansfield have no place to tell the NYPD what to do. Such arrogance coming from a shitty school.

Braydon digs up a decomposed body and delayed all his vomiting until he got back to his dorm room after a long drive. Makes perfect sense!

Braydon is on jewlery store video and his prints are on the door. Just because Cane shot out the cameras, he didn't destroy the machine for the police to see. Plus Braydon can described easily by the owner.

Good luck to Braydon explaining to his parent about the bullet holes in his new car.

Braydon was willing to murder the store owner. His downfall is epic! Will he take the fall for Ramirez's murder? It sure won't be Tariq or Cane.

Must be burning Tate that he hasn't gotten Carrie in bed by now.

Poor grandma with her alcohol problem, but even her drunk ass was right about Tariq being the evil that has fallen on the family.

If Tariq wins, I can't see a show with Yaz here under his care. I can see him making an arrangement to get her to back to Tasha.

Dru: Everett ask me anything.
Everett: Does your family sells drugs?
Dru: I can't trust you with that answer.
Now that's out of the way, let's make out because the stupid script says so!!!!!!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Who is Dante's and Monet's child? Cane or Zeke?

That’s what I was wondering. I couldn’t tell which he was referring as their child. For now, I’m leaning toward that child being Zeke but how does Monet have a whole baby and Lorenzo not know? Who in Monet’s family (doesn’t seem like she has much family) kept this secret? Who pretended to be Zeke’s mom, if it is Zeke they are referring? Where does his last name “Cross” come from, perhaps Monet’s maiden name? I have dots that need to be connected now.

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

In the previous episode when the two girls were in Lauren's room, I thought one of them was her roommate. Now we find out she doesn't have a roommate. From that episode, Lauren just walked in her room, they were there using, when she left they were still there and put the drugs in her drawer. This episode, not one time Lauren could put 2x2 together to know she was setup by the talkative one (forgot her name) and to record them for the police. She is more concerned about making out with Tariq and watching the stupid interview. Makes no sense!

Slip ups like this is why I commented on last week’s episode that this show is making no sense to me. The writers are doing way too much.

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Word never got back from the nosy students to Tariq that she was busted? Campus police is conducting dorm searches and of all the people to find drugs in the dorm, it is Lauren. The hundreds of real users on campus didn't get caught. Bullshit!

I’m gonna need you to stop making sense 😂 jk

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Must be burning Tate that he hasn't gotten Carrie in bed by now.

😂😂😂

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Poor grandma with her alcohol problem, but even her drunk ass was right about Tariq being the evil that has fallen on the family.

Sober thought! Lol

• Love 2
5 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I have dots that need to be connected now.

The show's writers heard your plea and they are already hard at work connecting the dots. I found this in their writing room.

c754783f7fad3739d72dce84dceeecd5--preschool-q-activities-letter-q-worksheets-preschool.jpg

• LOL 3

I am so liking Monet's new relationship with her previous baby's daddy Donte' . I like the energy and the vibe they have together, he sees really into her, I know there is drama coming because the lawyers are going to find a way to release her husband from prison. I was shocked to find out that Zeak is their son !! Monet must have let her sibling raise him as their own. That would explain why her husband doesn't know. I hope this relationship does not end soon I'm liking this right now. Good job writers..

Edited by byrd
more thoughts
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, AntFTW said:

That’s what I was wondering. I couldn’t tell which he was referring as their child. For now, I’m leaning toward that child being Zeke but how does Monet have a whole baby and Lorenzo not know? Who in Monet’s family (doesn’t seem like she has much family) kept this secret? Who pretended to be Zeke’s mom, if it is Zeke they are referring? Where does his last name “Cross” come from, perhaps Monet’s maiden name? I have dots that need to be connected now.

Slip ups like this is why I commented on last week’s episode that this show is making no sense to me. The writers are doing way too much.

I’m gonna need you to stop making sense 😂 jk

😂😂😂

Sober thought! Lol

Zeke is their child, It will be interesting to see how this all connects. Apparently even Zeke does not know that Monet is his mother.  Somehow Dante found out and knew all the whole time. Interesting ! 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 2

I really hate Cain's character, he setting Tariq up to be killed by hiding the police badge in his room and this won't set well with Monet or Dante.  I don't like his character at all. 

So, Carrie, was getting Zeke's young D worth it? Now you've got psycho Monet on your ass in addition to your other troubles.

Hmm, is Mecca setting Cane up by sending him on these dangerous missions? But Mecca doesn't know about Brayden's involvement, does he? That could blow back on him in a bad way.

Cooper is screwing that lady prosecutor four or five times a week? It's like a second job for him, lol.

Was Carrie acting as an attorney for Lauren? And advising her to snitch on other students? How does that work? Carrie is a suspect the overall murder case.

Braydon is a freaking moron. He could've gotten shot doing that robbery with Cane instead of just his fancy car full of bullet holes.

Dru left Zeke to his own devices while he went to get some ill-advised ex sex. Zeke could've gotten into worse trouble than just punching a reporter. Monet's kids are not intellectual giants.

Geez, Det. Whitman and the wild crime theories he just spins out of thin air. What a nutbag.

I liked Monet's cape coat. Her weird hair color, not so much.

Wait, what? Zeke is Monet and Mecca's son? Does Lorenzo know? Maybe that's why he didn't want to let Monet mortgage the house for Zeke's legal costs. Whatever, I didn't realize Zeke was older than Cane. He sure doesn't look it.

Maybe my university experience was different. Are there “honor students” at universities?

There was at the big state uni I went to. It was separate track of classes that were supposed to be more challenging or something. But if you took regular classes and ended up with a high enough GPA you could also graduate "with honors." (Cum laude, magna cum laude, or summa cum laude.) The Dean's List was a semester by semester recognition of a high GPA within your major and within a given college.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wait, what? Zeke is Monet and Mecca's son? Does Lorenzo know? Maybe that's why he didn't want to let Monet mortgage the house for Zeke's legal costs. Whatever, I didn't realize Zeke was older than Cane. He sure doesn't look it.

This is what threw me off the most about this particular plot twist. How do they make this work? I'm curious how this will be explained now. Cane and Zeke look close to the same age. Considering Zeke is in college, I assumed that Cane was older. Apparently, I thought wrong.

• Love 2
On 12/18/2021 at 7:34 PM, AntFTW said:

This is what threw me off the most about this particular plot twist. How do they make this work? I'm curious how this will be explained now. Cane and Zeke look close to the same age. Considering Zeke is in college, I assumed that Cane was older. Apparently, I thought wrong.

I think Zeke is in between Cane and Dru (Diana is the baby). 

My theory is that Lorenzo went away for a short stint (like a year plus) or was in jail awaiting trial (they didn’t have money to bail him out then), Monet hooked up with her ex, conceived Zeke but decided she didn’t want to leave Lorenzo and gave the baby to her sister to raise. And decided it was best to not tell Lorenzo. 

Cane was probably little (less than 2). So no need to tell him anything. 

• Love 2

I understand that sometimes you have to accept shows for what they are. Power has always been a fun show. You're not supposed to watch it for fleshed out characters and consistent storytelling, but the illogical storylines are becoming insulting.

Detective Whitman concocted a wild-ass theory about Jabari's death. He's trying to pin it on Carrie because he's sour about how things ended between them, and Carrie, a former prosecutor, isn't challenging it? She isn't lawyering up herself and raising hell with his superiors? What?

I hate when shows make their characters dumb in order to move the plot forward. 

Whitman pulls Zeke in for questioning, although he has zero proof that Zeke had anything to do with Jabari's murder, and Zeke blabs without a lawyer present? I know Zeke's supposed to be the dumb jock stereotype, but come on. 

The cops find drugs in Lauren's drawer, but again, no proof that it's hers. It's not as if she bought from an undercover cop, and Carrie is out here telling Lauren to wear a wire so the cops will drop the investigation and her parents won't know? Let's not even get into the massive conflict of interest here since Carrie is Lauren's professor and not her legal counsel, but Lauren comes from money. These are rich kids whose parents have lawyers on speed dial. Also, she wasn't even charged with anything! 

I'm really just watching for Larenz Tate and Method Man. They have the best lines.

5 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Detective Whitman concocted a wild-ass theory about Jabari's death. He's trying to pin it on Carrie because he's sour about how things ended between them, and Carrie, a former prosecutor, isn't challenging it? She isn't lawyering up herself and raising hell with his superiors? What?

What happened in Carrie’s past? We know she is a sex addict with inappropriate relationship choices but how does that scream “accomplice to murder”?

Jabari wrote the novel “about her” which was a thriller. Was she having sex with several people in the DA office (or something) and one of them was murdered or a murder -suicide? (Not that it was her fault, but the drama of the triangle flamed the fire of the unstable person) And that’s why she left the DA’s office cause she felt guilty?

Theres a huge jump from “I have consensual sex with inappropriate adults” to “MURDER”. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Zeke is in between Cane and Dru (Diana is the baby). 

My theory is that Lorenzo went away for a short stint (like a year plus) or was in jail awaiting trial (they didn’t have money to bail him out then), Monet hooked up with her ex, conceived Zeke but decided she didn’t want to leave Lorenzo and gave the baby to her sister to raise. And decided it was best to not tell Lorenzo. 

Cane was probably little (less than 2). So no need to tell him anything. 

That makes sense.