Type keyword(s) to search

The Nick Fallon Thread

• Start Topic

I would. These recasts into new roles are confusing to me (Brady/Rex, Chris/Roman, Stefan/Jake, etc) and make flashbacks tricky.

I never knew he slept with Billie while pursuing Chelsea. Did he and JJ ever commiserate about getting themselves caught between a mother and daughter?

I remember when the spoilers about Nick sleeping with Billie came out. I was pissed because I really liked Nick/Chelsea. But then the Nick/Billie scenes were unexpectedly great-- sweet, vulnerable, raw, character-driven. The image of Billie cupping Nick's face in her hand and saying "God help you" (because he was so quirky-naive) always came back to me throughout Nick's downfall.

I also liked the scene where Billie told Bo that she was afraid she'd damaged a much-younger man by relieving him of his virginity (without telling Bo Nick's identity). Bo told her he'd been a much-younger man once and he was sure everything was fine.

Oh! And the scene where Ashley Benson's Abby-- still my favorite Abby-- put the pieces together about the Nick/Billie tryst because she saw that Nick's belt was missing the next day.

And of course the time Nick/Chelsea were on a plane after helping Shawn/Belle kidnap Claire away from Philip, and Chelsea was teasing Nick about what she thought was his lack of sexual experience, and Nick ended up yelling "shut up about my virginity!" so the whole plane could hear.

It's really a shame that Nick of all characters was trotted out to be the irredeemable homophobic heavy in the Will storyline. He had so much more to offer as an off-center, but basically decent, protagonist.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I remember when the spoilers about Nick sleeping with Billie came out. I was pissed because I really liked Nick/Chelsea. But then the Nick/Billie scenes were unexpectedly great-- sweet, vulnerable, raw, character-driven. The image of Billie cupping Nick's face in her hand and saying "God help you" (because he was so quirky-naive) always came back to me throughout Nick's downfall.

I also liked the scene where Billie told Bo that she was afraid she'd damaged a much-younger man by relieving him of his virginity (without telling Bo Nick's identity). Bo told her he'd been a much-younger man once and he was sure everything was fine.

Oh! And the scene where Ashley Benson's Abby-- still my favorite Abby-- put the pieces together about the Nick/Billie tryst because she saw that Nick's belt was missing the next day.

And of course the time Nick/Chelsea were on a plane after helping Shawn/Belle kidnap Claire away from Philip, and Chelsea was teasing Nick about what she thought was his lack of sexual experience, and Nick ended up yelling "shut up about my virginity!" so the whole plane could hear.

It's really a shame that Nick of all characters was trotted out to be the irredeemable homophobic heavy in the Will storyline. He had so much more to offer as an off-center, but basically decent, protagonist.

I adored the Nick that you describe in your post and I never got over the fact that he was sacrificed for Wilson and I love Wilson.  They did not need a homophobic antagonist to be interesting.. 

Ashley Benson remains my favorite Abby and I loved her bond with Nick..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

I don't have anything major to add, but I LOVED Gabi/Nick. I think that's the last DOOL pairing I really shipped and got excited for. I'm also upset how the show wrote them. Even after the Wilson storyline, I thought Nick had a lot of storyline possibilities, and I actually would have been interested if the show actually explored a male rape victim's journey to healing. Sadly, DOOL was not as interested, so they threw him into cartoon villain territory. 

• Love 5
On 12/9/2021 at 6:49 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I would. These recasts into new roles are confusing to me (Brady/Rex, Chris/Roman, Stefan/Jake, etc) and make flashbacks tricky.

I never knew he slept with Billie while pursuing Chelsea. Did he and JJ ever commiserate about getting themselves caught between a mother and daughter?

No although Pete Jannings also got caught between mother/daughter himself (and those involved Horton women).

JJ and Nick weren't on screen at the same time. However JJ was worse than Nick in that he repeatedly slept with Eve knowing who she is and Billie/Nick had no idea who the other was when their ONS happened which was once.

That being said I loved Nick however I should've known even then as a Horton blood male he's doomed they all are.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

Can I just take a moment to say how hot Derek Magyar (his prison daddy) was, and how much I wish they had done something more with that? (I know, it was never going to happen.) 

I was so into that whole storyline and I thought Blake Berris was putting his all into it, and then the whole show just abruptly turned about-face and decided, "Just kidding y'all, Nick really is just evil and we're going to kill him off." LOL.

Blake Berris isn't a conventionally handsome man (which might explain why Days has never seemed to want to invest in him as a leading man) but there's just something really sexy about him, I think.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
On 12/10/2021 at 2:46 PM, 4evaQuez said:

I don't have anything major to add, but I LOVED Gabi/Nick. I think that's the last DOOL pairing I really shipped and got excited for. I'm also upset how the show wrote them. Even after the Wilson storyline, I thought Nick had a lot of storyline possibilities, and I actually would have been interested if the show actually explored a male rape victim's journey to healing. Sadly, DOOL was not as interested, so they threw him into cartoon villain territory. 

The show could have explored Nick's backstory with his parents and his mental health issues. His mother was a Horton who was plagued with mental issues and was once treated by Marlena.  The show should have explored those connections when Nick was terrorizing Wilson and Chelsea should have come back and talk some sense into Nick. Chelsea being there for Nick would have harkened back to when Chelsea was persona non grata in Salem and Nick had her back.. Chelsea and Will were super close back in the day.. It would have been cool to see her react to Nick hurting Will and trying to steal his daughter.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It feels like Nick's River of Death was the show's last big expensive stunt. Was anything as elaborate ever attempted after that?

There were the scenes at the beach where Summer tried to drown herself and Brady saved her.

On 3/20/2023 at 11:58 AM, DisneyBoy said:

True, but those were just done on location. They built a river on a soundstage for Nick's drowning....

I remember thinking that the Cin not-wedding explosion was pretty elaborate given what we knew about the budget of the show.

• Like 2
On 12/20/2023 at 3:19 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Maybe we can change the title to reflect that Blake Berris has played both Everett and Nick Fallon?

Maybe simply call it "The many faces of Blake Berris". Especially since there was a hint by Jada that her ex was named "Bobby".

• Like 2

Since the current regime has a weird kink for recasting actors in various roles, I think it's best if we stick to character threads, if only to keep the storylines straight as performers hopscotch around the canvas.

For the moment, Everett is such a slight character, though, we might as well chat about him here.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2

I'm not enjoying either Everett or Blake Berris in the role.  Which feels weird, since I thought he was terrific as Nick Fallon.  But he and/or the character grates on me this time around.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

I'm not enjoying either Everett or Blake Berris in the role.  Which feels weird, since I thought he was terrific as Nick Fallon.  But he and/or the character grates on me this time around.

Jada finally dropped the name of her ex (who is clearly the same person as Everett) and it wasn't Everett.  I think the show is setting him up to be charming on the surface but with a deeper undercurrent of evil.  Granted, it is possible I'm giving the writers FAR too much credit, but I don't think you're actually supposed to like him.

• Like 1