Type keyword(s) to search

Drag Race Italia

• Start Topic

I just watched the third episode and this is a cluster.  Ava Hangar, Enorma Jean and Luquisha Lubamba all went from 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds.

I would probably kick them all out and invite back Ivana Vamp and maybe add another 1-2 contestants.  I'd make it a complete restart.

Enorma Jean is certainly an Enorma drama mama. She seems like the source of conflict for the most part. That last segment with Divinity just sitting there looking a little shellshocked as everyone imploded around her was amazing though.

Still, although Divinity did pull herself together for the challenge, Farida not winning it felt pretty contrived. She slayed and to not even get a mention...c'mon. I think Luquisha really did shine this week and deserved the shout-out, but Divinity getting the win was really weird.

I still have no idea what that was all about. Enorma Jean was a bit acid-tongued and diva-ish - what's not to like about that? Ava blew off about being likened to a truck driver... That was funny! So next ep we had to sit through what felt like a half hour lecture to the two standing there like chastised convent school girls about standards and decorum, and then poor old Enorma gets sent home in disgrace (Ava surprised in that lipsync), all because she swore and lost her temper! That's a standard workroom post--runway in other seasons. It's mindboggling why this was such an issue, even with blaspheming and so on being frowned on in Italy. I really liked Enorma, so that sucked to go out like that.

It's already exhausting watching as the subtitles jump from the bottom to the top of the screen and move so fast, and everyone is talking so fast anyway, and then the editing of the runway is jumpy as well. But then the judges don't recognize a classic 80s Grace Jones look! Le sigh. I am glad Ava had a redemption. 

I suspect Enorma's frustrations were not only taken out on the cast and producers but also the crew and that may have been a bridge too far. I don't know why we had to go through the whole lip sync charade when Ava's transgressions seemed nowhere near as bad.

Hopefully things will be more relaxed now she's gone [I've never hear a queen exclaim "thank god" upon another queen's sashaying before].

It was hilarious not knowing a single celebrity on Snatch Game. Almost as hilarious as the guest impersonator not knowing what a muscle queen is.

Finally caught up on this show. So they didn't have budget for an editor ?? LOL 

The episodes just meandered alot and with a tighter edit could have been quite good. Such an odd judging format ( a winner and 3 bottoms each episode?). 

Still I thought a strong start and the makeover and finale were well done. 

I was sure Farida had it in the bag ( she could have won most of those episodes) but Elektra turned it out in the finale - some of the best runways I have ever seen- so Condragulations mama. 

• Love 2

I checked out the first episode, but it was just too long for me, and I was not particularly taken in by the host or judges, so I probably won't continue. 

Not to be catty, but as the queens were being introduced, it seemed like almost all of them were shaving 5-10 years off their age. One of them, just as I was thinking, "that's nice they have a queen in her 50's," announced she was 29!  

• LOL 1
On 11/21/2022 at 10:38 AM, dolphincorn said:

I just came to say that Chiara Francini is the most annoying judge on any version of Drag Race.

I know I'm a year or so late to the party...but I just got WOW presents + so bear with me lol

OMG - SO annoying!! And I think she got worse from the first season to the second.....

On 8/22/2023 at 2:49 AM, amass said:

OMG - SO annoying!! And I think she got worse from the first season to the second.....

Lol I like Chiara - she's living her best life :) 

I just caught up with Queen of the Universe S02 - alert for Aura Eternal fans !!!

• Love 1