Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

I like the series .  Alex himself is the best for me. This series I felt lacked the same action and adventure. Although I get that Alex is suffering effects from what happened before, there was something off about how they had him portray it. 

Until others have watched more I will hold off on my other thoughts.  It was nice to see one returning character and I REALLY hope there is a season 3. 

Just finished episode 7 which made me wonder: how many bullets can a drone carry? That drone must have been a Tardis because otherwise it should have run out of bullets long before it was destroyed.

First 2 episodes of Season 2:

A good start for the second season! I like that Alex is taking on this "mission" of his own accord, and not being forced into it like in the first season.

Looks like Tom might be more involved this time? Should be fun. I wonder if they'll actually let Alex have a small romance with Sabina.

I still want answers about Alex's supposed "spy training", but since they didn't have any last time I'm not expecting any in this season.

Edited by Trini

Episodes 3 &4:

The plot thickens! Well, smeg -- I thought we would have gotten a little more info from the Hacker before he died. And Assassin Guy has some reason not to kill Alex. Intriguing!

But I have to say, the plot armor and conveniences are strong with Alex this season. Although the unfolding mystery is going good. They seem to have decided to up the action, but they might be making Alex too much of a superhero.

Hey Kyra! How's she doing?

Episode 5:

Mostly a 'set up' episode. I like the little team Alex has formed. I'm sure it will work out - because TV - but I question the plan to go straight into enemy territory with little to no backup.

---

I recently read an article about this show that confirms that Jack is supposed to be American; and sorry, the actress just isn't pulling it off. On the other hand, the actress playing the CIA director is very convincing as an American.

Episode 6:

Gah! Cliffhanger! 

I know Yassen's plan was to distract Super Secret Spy Agency, but framing Cray's head of security seems extreme - and might piss off or even harm Cray.

With the talk of Scorpia being able to compromise people, etc., I'm assuming there will be a reveal of someone compromised in the SSSA soon.

A little surprised had Cray directly murder someone when so far he seemed to have sympathetic, although sinister motives (but not that surprised). Wondering how computer code is supposed to win 'the war on drugs'.

Overall, I like how the mystery has unraveled; it probably helps a lot that the seasons are so short.

----

1 hour ago, catrice2 said:

Any news about season 3??

There's news in the media topic.

I've just finished catching up on this show and overall think it's great!

Otto Farrant does a great job as Alex and the other actors do a good job too.

This season was also extremely different in comparison to the book Eagle Strike, but it doesn't especially bother me. The changes do make sense (for the most part).

I only recently found this series and binged both seasons.  Then I read the books.  While there are issues with plots I just really love this show.  The actors really bring the characters to life.  So looking forward to season 3.

I really enjoy non book character Kyra a lot in both seasons.  The dynamics between her, Alex and Tom were a lot of fun (the basketball scene really cracked me up.  Tom, never change!) 

The ending certainly sets the stage for season 3!

Episode 7:

Mostly an action episode. Not saying that's bad, but I was hoping that we'd get more clarity about Cray's plans. I don't like that they saved that until the very last episode.

Aw man! I hope Alex or someone is able to make it up to Jack for losing her job to help save the world.

Edited by Trini

Finale:

Wow -- I guess he wouldn't be a villain without it, but Cray's plan was ridiculously extreme. Nuking locations where (only certain) drugs are grown would create more problems than it would solve.

So the plot thickens with Alex and Scorpia. I wish we had gotten more about what's up with Blunt; but I guess they're saving that for next season?

Edited by Trini