Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Surprise Party

• Start Topic

I'm so disappointed in Nico! I thought he was nice enough, if a bit glib, but he's a total asshole. He wasn't apologetic about cheating on his girlfriend, and he didn't even try the "we'd been having problems" lie or anything. He just said she wasn't supposed to be back until January, like that made it okay. I'm glad Kimberly told him off and I hope she doesn't waver.

I'm also glad Bela's doing the right thing, although I'm worried it's going to blow up in her face. Going up against a rich white asshole in a position of power (and with no hard evidence) is going to be tough.

• Love 1

Don't know if Kimberly caught feelings but she should have been suspicious when he said they shouldn't tell Leighton.

I don't know if it was this episode but Leighton's gf wanted to know if they had something which went beyond "this room" or her apartment where they hooked up and spent all their time together.

So for both couples, there was never an attempt to define what they were as more than hookups.

Kimberly wasn't being too demanding.  She did of course blow off her studies and her job to keep sleeping with him.  So what were her expectations?  She didn't refer to him as her bf or anything like that.  She didn't try to pursue more out of the relationship than sex -- tried to watch TV together but that was about it.

Edited by aghst
On 12/3/2021 at 1:56 AM, aghst said:

Don't know if Kimberly caught feelings but she should have been suspicious when he said they shouldn't tell Leighton.

I don't think that would have highlighted any red flags.  I can see it being a bit awkward to start a casual sex relationship with a roommate/friend's brother--especially when they haven't defined what that relationship is.  And he didn't say "don't tell anyone" which would have been more of a red flag.  He limited it to Leighton. 

If anything, I think it was him deleting the Instagram comment on her dress that was the bigger tell.  It was innocuous enough that I don't think people would get the wrong idea absent of any other action.  Friends can leave complimentary comments on each other's social media.  The one person who might question it is a girlfriend living in another country who might wonder who the random chick is getting comments from her boyfriend.

And that's why he deleted it.  I knew something was up then. I just didn't know what. 

On 12/2/2021 at 5:50 AM, Cranberry said:

He wasn't apologetic about cheating on his girlfriend, and he didn't even try the "we'd been having problems" lie or anything.

I was expecting him to try the "we had a Don't Ask Don't Tell" arrangement while she was studying abroadBut not even that. And he still should have told Kimberly.

On 12/2/2021 at 5:50 AM, Cranberry said:

I'm also glad Bela's doing the right thing, although I'm worried it's going to blow up in her face. Going up against a rich white asshole in a position of power (and with no hard evidence) is going to be tough.

I liked how she started thinking about how her wanting to stay silent ended up silencing Carla. But I agree, I think it's going to be hard--especially since she gave so many hand jobs.  I can see that being used against her.

• Love 3

I love what a good friend Leighton is turning out to be to the other girls...I just hope she's empathetic to Kimberly in regards to Nico (is that a nickname? LOL). 

I'm not feeling Leighton/Alicia. I think there's a lack of chemistry between the actresses because I do like them both individually. 

• Love 1
On 12/8/2021 at 9:17 AM, CaliforniaLove said:

I love what a good friend Leighton is turning out to be to the other girls...I just hope she's empathetic to Kimberly in regards to Nico (is that a nickname? LOL). 

I'm 98% sure his mom called him Nicholas in the Parents’ Weekend episode.   My son has friend whose brother is Nico, short for Nicholas, so it seems like it’s uncommon but not unheard of? 

Edited by reallyjustjen