Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Blackberry Narcissus

• Start Topic

When Gossip Girl turns the city against her, Julien leans on Zoya in her search for the truth. Meanwhile, Kate and Jordan attempt to outsmart their coworkers, Audrey and Aki open their minds, and Max tries to find his voice.

Original air date: November 25, 2021

This show has to pick a lane. They should either be guilty pleasure, or socially conscious.... I see enough of horrible stories on victims and toxic masculinity etc etc etc. Every day life is depressing and I was kind of hoping to escape it with a show. I don't know if we can ever go back to the days of the old Gossip Girl, it is tone-deaf now, I do understand that. But this? Too many good guys and not enough villains. I'm not saying I need a rapist Chuck Bass. There's just something missing.

• Love 1

I seem to like this set of episodes better than the previous 6.

I will always hate the teachers though.  I see no changing with that.  

It was SO CORNY when Zoya's father was at the MOMA to explain to Riley why she shouldn't come forward though.  LOL.

I watched all 3 episodes but I totally missed why Audrey and Aki stopped seeing Max?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I'm so confused.  If the computer science teacher programmed the fobs/authentication process for the GG account, couldn't he just changed  or undo what he did?  Why are he and Kate beholden to this random group of teachers that they brought in?

Still don't get the Obie love.  He sucks.  Aki seems like a much better catch.  

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I seem to like this set of episodes better than the previous 6.

The acting has gotten wayyyyy better.  Maybe the actors are becoming more comfortable with their parts?

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

The acting has gotten wayyyyy better.  Maybe the actors are becoming more comfortable with their parts?

The actor who plays Aki was like, discovered on the beach or something (LOL) and he was getting so much hate on social media for his acting so I noticed too that I think he is better than before.

22 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

I'm so confused.  If the computer science teacher programmed the fobs/authentication process for the GG account, couldn't he just changed  or undo what he did?  Why are he and Kate beholden to this random group of teachers that they brought in?

Exactly!

22 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

Still don't get the Obie love.  He sucks.  Aki seems like a much better catch.  

I have never understood the Obie thing and I try so hard!  I have no idea what kind of person he's supposed to be!  What does he like, what kind of person is he?  What does he believe?!   Are we SUPPOSED to dislike him!?

• Love 3
On 11/26/2021 at 12:05 AM, Aim123 said:

This show has to pick a lane. They should either be guilty pleasure, or socially conscious.... I see enough of horrible stories on victims and toxic masculinity etc etc etc. Every day life is depressing and I was kind of hoping to escape it with a show. I don't know if we can ever go back to the days of the old Gossip Girl, it is tone-deaf now, I do understand that. But this? Too many good guys and not enough villains. I'm not saying I need a rapist Chuck Bass. There's just something missing.

I agree with this - the show needs some actual villains and they need to let Julien be ruthless with her ish.  They keep trying to make her the nice girl but she just comes off as directionless.  And even Max has completely lost his edge.  Aki and Audrey are boring - Audrey is like Blair but bumbing, stupid and childish.  Aki is just dull as dishwater.  Max WAS amazing but now he's just as dull as Aki and Audrey are.

The show is afraid to let anyone be fully bad.  Except some of the adults.

ETA: Why can't Jordan just change the passwords and the 2nd factor?  Does everyone have to do it simultaneously like some kind of nuclear launch where multiple keys have to be turned at the same time?

Edited by phoenics