Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

The Kappa brunch (featuring Ashlee, Ashleigh, Ashleye, and Ashlie) was great. I loved that Leighton's obsessive research backfired on her and everyone found her creepy, whereas they fell all over Whitney for simply being herself. (Whitney also did look good in that casual outfit!)

Did not love where Leighton's storyline went after that. I get that she's closeted and trying desperately to fit into a very hetero Greek system; I'm just really tired of TV writers always finding a way to have their lesbian characters sleep with men.

I loved Bela finally calling a toxic guy out on his shitty behavior (and being supported by others). More of that, please! The girl needs to make some actual friends in comedy at some point soon. Also, I'm surprised we haven't seen any of her work yet! We barely even get to hear her make actual jokes. She's not even the funniest of the four leads! I expected more from the clear Mindy avatar.

Kimberly's storyline was good this week. I liked that she got over her initial awkwardness and figured out a way to make her coworkers (can we call them friends at this point?) some excellent tips. The show's been handling the class/race stuff well; it's not heavy-handed at all.

Do straight women find that assistant coach attractive? The bus scene where the players called him "Daddy" and told him to take his shirt off was funny, but really? That guy? Is this one of those Benedict Cumberbatch/Adam Driver/Pete Davidson things my gay ass will never understand?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Do straight women find that assistant coach attractive? The bus scene where the players called him "Daddy" and told him to take his shirt off was funny, but really? That guy? Is this one of those Benedict Cumberbatch/Adam Driver/Pete Davidson things my gay ass will never understand?

I'm straight, and he does nothing for me, but then, neither do any of the other dudes you mentioned. I really, really, really don't understand the "appeal" of Pete Davidson. Adam Driver looks like a werewolf/alien hybrid, and Benedict Cumberbatch might as well be a glass of lukewarm milk. Bleh.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Adding my two cents to the "is the coach hot or not?" debate... I think what happens a lot in Hollywood casting for stereotypical "hot young straight male" roles is they ask themselves: Does he have the body of a Greek God?  Yes?  Okay, we don't care what his face looks like.

Now, I don't think the coach's body is at Greek God-levels but he obviously has an athletic body type (and one that seems appropriate for a soccer coach).  Personally, I think both Whitney and his wife could do better.

• Love 4
On 11/25/2021 at 6:17 AM, Cranberry said:

I read these posts before I watched the show and I was expecting an ogre.  He's not as bad as that.

But I'm going to put on my theorizing cap.  I think we need to contextualize this coach and why Whitney is hot for him and why he got catcalled by the girls (or was it just one girl) on the soccer team. I'm going to pretend the character is the actor's age--31.  He's a younger older.  In other words, they seem him as more mature because he's no longer a student.  And yet, he seems approachable because he's closer in age to them than most of the authority figures they usually deal with.

For many of us, we can see he ain't worth shit but to a few of these college girls, he's getting the "not a college boy" privilege.

• Love 2

Rewatched this episode and this show is dripping with Mindy Kaling easter eggs.  In the douchebag comedian's speech, he said how Bela's future show would probably be about "an ethnic woman's trying to balance her career and love life" (I can't remember if those were the exact words but it's close enough) - which is exactly the premise of the Mindy Project.   At this rate, I'm expecting that Bela will become a staff writer on a workplace sitcom after she graduates.

• Love 1

Kimberly actually does have a really nice rack! She looked great in that dress. 

I enjoyed Whitney's entire energy at the Kappa social.  Also I loved her hanging out with her team.  Willow is a fantastic character. I think a lot of my dislike of  Whitney's romance with her coach is because of the potential damage it can do with her teammates.

Also I think he's attractive, but no way would a varsity athletics team catcall their coach on the team bus in that way.

Yes I think Bela is a total Mindy stand in.  I did like how she didn't let that rude guy slide.  Good for her.

• Love 1