Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Denver Finals

• Start Topic

{pointing at Lorin Ball and laughing at his arrogant ass}

Another douchenozzle with a false sense of superiority and the wrong priorities goes down in flames.  Yes, he claims him falling off the Salmon Ladder has nothing to do with him rushing the course, but that's a total pantload.  No doubt training his upper body might have helped him some, as he said, but rushing less ALSO would have as well.  And guess what?  That second one is a lot easier to do!

Anyone, I repeat ANYONE who does the whole "fast as I can" thing is already suspect for being an arrogant ass, but doing it after seeing a whole legion of your fellow competitors with that attitude fail?  Means you are both arrogant AND dim-witted.

Meanwhile at least we also got to see someone with the right priorities (and some humility) Brian Arnold.  Good for him. As much as I enjoy seeing the arrogant dillholes fail, I like to see the actual good guys rewarded just as much.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

I just hope the producers don't bring him back in the Underrepresented douche bag category.

I'm fully prepared to be furious next week when we find out which of these "rushers" are being given unfair wildcards.

I was impressed by Jon Stewart's run, even if he looked like he needed to be resuscitated at several points.

Also: so much for Kacy getting female comrades in Vegas.

If they get wildcards, they'll still be more appropriate than the jackasses who sped through the course to get "records" nobody cares about.  Especially Michelle Warnky.  I mean admittedly a lot of men got further than the Salmon Ladder but not to the Top 15, but if the benchmark for the wildcards is (as they've claimed in the past), some kind of result of people going beyond normal expectations, than a woman getting to the Salmon Ladder on a Final is a better example than a series of braggarts failing because they went too fast.

• Love 1

I am with all of you on the braggarts.  They are annoying and deserve a year off.  I understand the need to have a good time in case you don't finish but trying to be the fastest seems stupid, just complete the dang thing.  

I am sporting the woman power flag and hoping Kacy becomes the first American Ninja Warrior.  Mainly because it would be hilarious if a girl does it before any of the guys.

• Love 4

Loved watching Kacy and Michelle cheer Megan on.  So much for the whole "women don't support each other" meme.  I am totally cheering for Kacy to go all of the way.

Loved Jon Stewart, especially that he was the first one to finish the course.  That's amazing! 

It's nice to see the nice, normal guys make it.  I also like Brian Arnold, who has some decent humility and isn't all about his own achievements and arrogance.

• Love 1

Loved watching Kacy and Michelle cheer Megan on.  So much for the whole "women don't support each other" meme.  I am totally cheering for Kacy to go all of the way.

Although I bet if we looked into it a bit, we might found out that NBC paid the airfare/hotel for that extra travel.  Not that they might not have instead been cheering at home watching it on TV (well, months later), but it did seem like a probable setup.

The 52 year old ninja rocks! Was that Jon Stewart? There were a couple of time he looked like a goner, but he persavered. I respect and admire him so much more than the show off on the last run who went home. Glad that allowed the cowboy/farmer ninja to go to Vegas instead. Also glad to see Brian Arnold return to Vegas.

Although I bet if we looked into it a bit, we might found out that NBC paid the airfare/hotel for that extra travel.

Someone probably did to create the girl power connection, but I don't mind in the least. The only part that bothers me is when they dedicate time to interview past competitors that aren't even competing in that city instead of covering the runs themselves. I'd rather they cut out the after-run interviews and most of the back-story segments if it meant seeing more of the course runs at that city.

• Love 3