Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Binary Two-Step

Message added by tessaray,

Note: Any references to future episodes or the classic anime should use Spoiler tags.

• Start Topic

Spike is hiding behind a pillar that is inscribed with "IN MEMORY OF THE LIVES LOST IN THE EARTH ASTRAL GATE ACCIDENT OF 2X36     THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE". I can not clearly make out the date so I put the X. This sounds like the same incident that triggered Hakim in the Dog Star Swing episode. I wonder if it is a major running theme in the show?

1629330385_CowboyBebop.thumb.jpg.943384011ac150e1300ca036d57da011.jpg

No Ed sighting yet, but we get a reference! Interesting interpretation of that episode, a lot of changes but I liked this version of it as well. Like a lot of the episodes here it lacks the bittersweet melancholy, but it had some interesting ideas going on. 

Fay meets a pretty lady who also looks a lot like her, and they bang, which is very on brand. After so many people have presumably told Fay to go fuck herself she was probably like "not a bad idea..." 

• Love 2

Wouldn't mind seeing Mel the Mechanic again.  She and Faye made for a fun couple (even if they might want to keep the banging to her room since Jet wouldn't approve of more lovin in the engine room, I suspect!)

Got in a both a time loop scenario and a way to get John Cho and Elaine Satine together for a few scenes without having an official Spike/Julia reunion, I see.  It sounds like she was already with Vicious before she met Spike/Fearless, but I suspect we will get a more expanded look at all of this somewhere down the line.

Speaking of which, they brought back up the whole "Jet doesn't know who Spike use to be" thing, so I suspect that might also be coming to ahead.

Hey, it's Earth!  It's... seen better days.

No Ein sighting, so I guess that ball of fluff was off completing his own bounty mission! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Mel the Mechanic again.  She and Faye made for a fun couple (even if they might want to keep the banging to her room since Jet wouldn't approve of more lovin in the engine room, I suspect!)

If it resulting in Jet getting a discount on the repair work, I am sure he wouldn't mind.

• LOL 1