Type keyword(s) to search

Ella and Johnny

• Start Topic

Ella 29 (Idaho Falls, ID) and Johnny, 34 (Jinan, China).  Ella, a country girl from Idaho with a self-proclaimed obsession with Asian culture, met Johnny, her "Asian prince" on a social media platform exclusively for Asian men and white women.  Once they started video chatting, they realized they'd found their soulmates in one another.  The pandemic has made it difficult for them to meet in person, and China's borders remain closed, but after a year and a half and a number of false starts, they are finally preparing for Johnny to visit Ella in her hometown and get engaged.  Despite having video chatted 'intimately' over the past few months, Ella's history with rejection from past romantic interests due to her weight has her worried about what it will be like when she and Johnny are together in person.  Still, they are both ready to prove that their love can conquer all, if they can overcome family skepticism and pandemic barriers.

• Love 1

I'm wondering if this is going to turn out to a Yolanda situation where they don't or unable to meet up as she doesnt leave the States and he doesn't leave China.

Reason I am saying this is because we have not seen any clip of them actually seeing each other in person.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, greekmom said:

I'm wondering if this is going to turn out to a Yolanda situation where they don't or unable to meet up as she doesnt leave the States and he doesn't leave China.

But at least here we do have footage of him talking with his family----so he is an actual person. Whereas Willians was a voice on the phone only and in the end, the only pics we ever saw of "Willians" were stock photos of a fitness model. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Pure speculation:  Will Johnny ever get out of China?  If this was all filmed October through December 2020 (lots of wreaths in Gino's airport scenes) and this is China.  They do not play.

I don't think he does. There was a clip of her balling and saying something along the lines of: "why don't i get to be happy!?!"

Not shocked that HE is coming over than HER going there. I think the issue is she probably won't fly due to her weight.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I don't think he does. There was a clip of her balling and saying something along the lines of: "why don't i get to be happy!?!"

Not shocked that HE is coming over than HER going there. I think the issue is she probably won't fly due to her weight.

I agree, and was-is China letting anyone in?  I will pay money to see Johnny's parents discuss American dietary habits and lack of exercise!  Cause we all know it's coming!!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I will pay money to see Johnny's parents discuss American dietary habits and lack of exercise!  Cause we all know it's coming!!!

And foreign momma's don't sugar coat anything....lol. 

Honestly, much better idea for him to come to her for the first visit. In my experience in China, they have no shame in pointing out those who are different---as in, taking pictures of me eating in a restaurant, asking my blond friend for a picture. I am sure being a white woman with him, that alone gets lots of stares plus her size and the language barrier (unless she turns out to be fluent) that is a lot to take on for a first meeting. I suspect he didn't get to leave, but then again if the border was shut so tight (& it was, a Chinese friend couldn't get her visa approved in time to get home to be with her dying mother, she tried for months) how did the film crew get his footage?? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

It's easy to say you are still with someone in a relationship when the extent of the relationship is role playing video chats....I doubt this particular couple is running around juggling multiple other people, but others could do that and still claim they are "in a relationship" once they click the facetime button. Not impressed.....lol

• Love 3

So I heard this on an IG live.  I waited for someone to spill it.

Tea from the filmed Tell All.  At the Tell All, it comes out that Ella had sex with someone (not Johnny as he doesn't make it to the States) at her birthday party.  Anyhoo, the rest of the cast of course jump on that bandwagon and gang up on Ella prompting her to walk off stage and talk things out with the therapist they have on staff there.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I hope someone let him know that most American women, while we may be heavier than is the standard in Asian countries,  are NOT as large as Ella and that most American men of Johnny's size would not chase after a woman of her size. I say this in response to his comment about her being so understanding about him being a single dad adn that most Chinese women do not understand/accept this "burden." 

Has Ella ever been shown to have any interest in Johnny's son? Or being a stepmom to the kid? I really feel like all the footage of these two has revolved around her fetish of Asian men and manga and cosplay and vibrators. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

She is a horrible person, no question. But he's not locked up in a dungeon somewhere. He can extricate himself from this relationship, way more easily than most people can who aren't half a world apart. So whatever hell she's putting him through, he's volunteering for it. He obviously has some kind of fetish as well. What else could make him her prisoner of love?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

She is a horrible person, no question. But he's not locked up in a dungeon somewhere. He can extricate himself from this relationship, way more easily than most people can who aren't half a world apart. So whatever hell she's putting him through, he's volunteering for it. He obviously has some kind of fetish as well. What else could make him her prisoner of love?

He can and should, obviously, but he is a man in a country with very few eligible women and apparently he is lonely and desperate for love. His prospects there are even worse due to his having a child already. His pathetic kowtowing in the message he posted just makes me sad. Ella is pathetic too, of course, but Johnny isn't a manipulative, selfish a-hole as far as we've seen.

Edited by bref
  • Love 4

Someone on reddit posted about this situation and how his reaction is totally within the cultural norm. Others chimed in to back this person up...essentially, if a man cheats on a woman, it is frowned upon, but people will feel sorry for the woman. In the reverse situation, the blame gets put on the man. That somehow this was his fault---not good in bed, for ex. and he is greatly shamed and mocked by his friends and all who know about it. So, if she is inventing this just to make him jealous, she has really, really screwed him over. Now not only does he feel the shame of being cheated on, she announced it on television for all his family and friends to see. 

The person also commented on how in Chinese culture, 30 really is seen as an expiration date, the stigma of being a single parent is an actual thing and how parents have great control in their children's marriages (hence the revelation that his parents "chased his first wife away"). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

CBS Sunday Morning News.  Story about China.  Isn’t this Johnny of Johnny and Ella fame?  He had another name on the show.  He spoke English hence the interview.

IMG_0282.jpeg

• Useful 1