Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Death by Misadventure

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

When 14-year-old budding artist Jake Wheeler buys a vintage Good Guy doll at a yard sale, intending to use it in his latest sculpture, his young life will change forever - for better and worse.

Episode airs Oct 12, 2021 at 10:00PM on USA/SYFY

NUP_194776_0320.jpg
NUP_194776_0402.jpg

NUP_194776_1104.jpg

• Love 1

I knew the dad would be the first to go. Can’t say I’m torn up over it, but screw you, Chucky, for killing the cat.

The talent show bit was pretty funny. Lexy is such a bitch.

Calling it now: Chucky killed his parents as a child. That flashback scene was too similar to the opening of Halloween for kid Chucky not to be evil.

Bring on the crazy, I’m ready for the ride.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3

So far this looks like it’s going to be right up my alley.  The relationship between Chucky and Jake it hitting all the right marks  for me and I would love it if Chucky keeps pushing Jake into becoming a murderer but Jake keeps getting caught up by his own morality and his burgeoning relationship with the cute true crime boy.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

I saw this episode at screening at NYCC. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I've only seen the original Chucky years ago. But I liked this episode. It had the right amount of creepy and humor. I was hoping the cat ran away. Between this and Midnight Mass it's not a good year to be a cat. 

While Chucky is a psycho I'm glad he made Lexy feel what's its like to be laughed at. 

I'm liking Jake and true crime. 

• Love 2
On 10/14/2021 at 6:44 PM, AnimeMania said:

I believe they release an extended version of Episode 1 here on YouTube.

The extended version on YouTube has a "behind the scenes" with the cast at the end of the episode.

I didn't like that Chucky vomited up all that water to kill the dad, I think he should have unzipped his pants and peed on him to kill him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The extended version on YouTube has a "behind the scenes" with the cast at the end of the episode.

I didn't like that Chucky vomited up all that water to kill the dad, I think he should have unzipped his pants and peed on him to kill him.

It was not water, it was the dad’s booze. But that visual would have been hilarious.

• Love 2

Usually I'm not even against saying "You say that [f**] again and I will kill you!", but not in this context, show! Poor gay boy.

On 10/13/2021 at 5:05 AM, Spartan Girl said:

I knew the dad would be the first to go. Can’t say I’m torn up over it, but screw you, Chucky, for killing the cat.

Yeah I don't care about asshole dad, but cats is where I draw the line. Chucky is seriously in the doghouse for me. He's going to have to work a lot to get out of it.

• Love 1