Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07 Claws and Effect

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

A Brooklyn crab restaurant started by two best friends has Marcus excited about the possibilities. At first glance, it has all the makings of the next great chain, but when Marcus digs deeper, he discovers the owners' inner soft spots and insecurities.

original airdate 9/21/21

The partners said they wanted to go national.   However, they already sell most of their dishes on Goldbelly.   Marcus did come up with better signage of the in-store menu, more dishes, and remodeled the Brooklyn store.   I loved the remodel.   They're talking about selling their sauces online too.        I didn't like the bickering between the women, and it seemed to be over minor issues, but I guess any relationship can have some conflict.  I really liked Amari, and I can see going into a place with enthusiasm, and then burning out.     I hope Amari works out very well as a manager, and both partners, and the restaurant prospers.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Moose135 said:

I only watched the first 20 minutes, but I couldn't figure out why they brought Marcus in. Seemed like they were doing well without him.

AND he requested only 10%.  I bed THAT took a lot of negotiation before any filming was done.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The food looked soooo good!  Unfortunately it just doesn't appeal to me on Goldbelly, but I definitely wish them well.  I do wish we had seen way more about the process behind all the new things they were doing, rather than the tired aspect about their relationship, which Marcus thought was so freaking important.

• Love 1