Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Man vs. Amazon

My new reality obsession (and one of the only reality shows I'll actually watch). It also wins the title for most accurate and concise description of what it really is about. The contestants are naked. They are afraid. Go.

Wow, no one in season 1 dropped out as fast as the people tonight did. I'm quite surprised - you'd think by the second season people would know what to expect and how to prepare for the show.

Compared to some of the other environments they did in season 1, the Amazon - while dangerous - is also one of the more "friendly" places to get put. There's a ton of materials for building shelter, there's lots of opportunity to get water, and there's food everywhere.

I was pleased to see EJ and Laura come in as the ringers for the show after the first three dropped out. They were my favorite survivalists from the first season. Though after the gory foot injury that EJ suffered in season 1, you'd expect his first priority to be weaving a pair of shoes.

you'd expect his first priority to be weaving a pair of shoes.

I'll be honest with you, I don't care if I never had a foot injury. My first priority would be to fashion shoes some kind of way! I'm not walking through swamps or jungles or whatever with barefeet. It's just not happening.

I rarely watch reality tv but this show has got me hook line and sinker.

Thanks for the  TwoP-er welcome!

I couldn't stand Eva and I'm not even sure why. And the dude who kept screaming and praying was beyond annoying... for the screaming.

This is my favorite new show, too. I won't even walk barefoot in my own backyard, so watching people strip naked and try to survive in a harsh environment with no food and water is something I can't tear myself away from!

I really wonder about the guy who tapped out before it even started.  I guess the Amazon's a scary place.  Glad EJ and Laura made it through.  I liked Laura a lot last year.

Sometimes I think this show proves that skill is important but mental plays an equally large part in surviving.  I remember last season there was a couple in the swamp I believe.  The man had more skills than the woman but he got discouraged quickly, it was the woman who kept his spirits up and that made them a great pair.  

I really wonder about the guy who tapped out before it even started.  I guess the Amazon's a scary place. 

I was disappointed that we didn't get any more details on the guy who dropped out. Though having been to the Amazon, I can confirm that it's scary. Tons of bugs, very very humid, etc. During my trip our guide showed us how to coax a tarantula out of its nest - that sucker was jet black and even in the sunlight I could barely see it. So just knowing those could be lurking around might turn someone off.

Yes, it has been pretty much raining non-stop and the mosquitoes have been relentless but why did  AJ even sign up for this show if all she's going to do is say how much she misses her kids ?  She thought that she would be out there for 21 days.

Why not just say that the bugs did you in and not look like a weak girl who misses her kids ! 

• Love 1

That raft they made was pretty damn impressive. It was well thought out and so well constructed. And, man oh man, EJ and Laura are two strong and sturdy mofos. When the zombies hit, I want them on my team, for sure.

I sort of felt like their little tiff when EJ was spearing the eel was a bit of a put-on. I mean, if that was their biggest disagreement throughout this whole thing, then they got along like soul mates. But then their ability to work together could be a big part of their strength too. They were both so strong but not unyielding. 

I felt for the guys who tapped out so quickly. They clearly had zero idea what they were getting into.

• Love 1