Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Goodbye Earl

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Now that there are individual threads (yay!), it reminds me that I wanted to ask: Did we ever see or hear about Earl in season 1? (I chuckled at the Dixie Chicks’ reference when I first saw it.) It annoyed me a bit that the engine for Dr. Sharon’s addition to the show was a mascot we didn’t see at all during the first season. It makes sense that the team has a mascot, of course. It just bothered me that he seemed to be created after the fact because they needed a reason for Dani to develop the yips. Though there’s also a nice tie-in with Ted’s “Dukes of Hazzard”—>”Earls of Risk” comment.

• Love 2

I don't think Earl was introduced, but I did catch at the end of Season One that they were the Greyhounds.  It caught my eye, because of how much teams in the US are identified by their mascots.

• Love 2

I’m not sure I can remember going so quickly from enjoying and even admiring a show to yawning disinterest. The overly niceness of everyone Ted interacts with started to get stale the last few eps of season one. Buy there was the team and the challenge of relegation and Roy as a back up, so I hoped season 2 would be more interesting. Starting with the story of Earl, and Rojas, and 7 straight ties, isn’t as interesting. And Roy's retired? That’s a mistake. And the “Lust” TV show is ugh, and a PL player in his prime left soccer for that? What? And Ted is jealous of the counselor? Why? This show aimed higher last season.

Edited by Ottis
11 hours ago, Ottis said:

I’m not sure I can remember going so quickly from enjoying and even admiring a show to yawning disinterest. The overly niceness of everyone Ted interacts with started to get stale the last few eps of season one. Buy there was the team and the challenge of relegation and Roy as a back up, so I hoped season 2 would be more interesting. Starting with the story of Earl, and Rojas, and 7 straight ties, isn’t it. And Roy's retired? That’s a mistake. And the “Lust” TV show is ugh. And Ted is jealous of the counselor? Why? This show aimed higher last season.

I remember thinking the season two opener was one of their absolute weakest episodes. The season does improve!

• Like 1