Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The House Always Wins

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Good episode. Didn't see the twist coming. Really liked the interactions with the ghosts. Nice that it didn't end on a cliffhanger, but left some plotlines open if there is another season. Personally, I think a second season is unlikely.

Only part I disliked was "We need an acetylene torch to open the hatch!", Gee I wonder how that is going get resolved

SEASON FINALE

7 hours ago, ZoqFotPik said:

Only part I disliked was "We need an acetylene torch to open the hatch!", Gee I wonder how that is going get resolved

It seemed to only be closed by a chain, I thought they had welded it shut. I am glad that Susan said don't touch it, it's hot. Sometimes shows forget that point. If the Hellmouth was supposed to always remain open, why did someone build it with a lid?

I thought Luke might not have been Luke, but I guess he just lost all his ghostly friends. I guess that will make Megan happy to have a depressed, grumpy, normal boyfriend. Maybe Megan is gone for good since it doesn't seem like Luke will be calling her anytime soon. My feelings, Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Megan!

I guess August did send that text.

Who would go on vacation and leave a bunch of strangers in their house? It would have made more sense if they waited for him to leave and then picked the lock.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Did Luke have some scruff when in the house during the supernatural confab (he certainly did while recuperating at home)? I ask because he looked clean-shaven when he came out at the end.

So Luke could see, and speak to, dead people because he was psychically linked with his stillborn twin and now that she's been sucked into the great beyond he's been brought down to normal. Chin up, Luke, you're still heads and shoulders above your arch-nemesis, Rita.

Do you think they'll manage to fix next-door neighbor's basement wall before he makes it back home?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I thought that this was pretty disappointing.  August, of course, was great.  But everything else didn’t really have much energy.  

So Megan decides to dump Luke while he is recovering and while August is still missing: completely in character!

All the characters get some closure except for Phil: guess i can see that but what was the point?

The House is able to change things whenever it wants to and knows all but doesn’t notice when Susan is burning the chain: makes sense!

Zooey’s issue two weeks ago was that she is always trying to find men to fix.  But no, she was a year older than her high school boyfriend and shockingly went to college first.  But when he had an accidental death she blamed herself and never moved on: sure whatever.

Luke has been trapped to a still born child who manifests as a stylish 30 something woman and that is why he can talk to spirits: okay i guess??

Then there is the hole in the wall but given everything else…

we have a whole season leading up to a final clacfic battle with the Donavan House which is settled when Susan realizes that with great power comes great responsibility: why not.

1 hour ago, Terrafamilia said:

Do you think they'll manage to fix next-door neighbor's basement wall before he makes it back home?

The guy said he was going to be gone for the weekend and inexplicably gave them the key, so I assume they have enough time for Phil's husband to repair it.

4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Who would go on vacation and leave a bunch of strangers in their house? It would have made more sense if they waited for him to leave and then picked the lock.

Right? Who does that? I guess the house could have whammied him somehow

The scene when Luke walks out of the house at the end. I was sure that it was going to turn out that the sister had succeeded in killing him and had taken over while Luke’s spirit got sucked into the portal. But I’m glad they didn’t go there. 

• Like 1

Yes, to everything already said.

But I didn't think Zooey was a year older than her boyfriend, just that since she got the scholarship, she was going right to college while the boyfriend earned some money first.

I don't like that Luke can't see ghosts anymore.  That was his "thing", so what now?

• Love 1

I found that quite a bit of this didn't make a lot of sense to me.  The house is keeping you out, so doesn't notice you're going in through the neighbors'?  The ghosts didn't seem to know what the lives of their "persons" was like, but the real people didn't see through that (such as Susan's dad not knowing when he died, why he died, etc., the priest seeming very different than the "live" one had been towards Phil, etc.).  I took it that the ghosts were manifestations from the house, not the real spirits of the deceased (and if they were, how did they all end up there?).  Susan is rearing to use her powers now (or so it seems) while Luke is totally over it.

So much just didn't make sense to me.  Would I watch a 2nd season?  Yes-and I would hope that they have clear plots lined up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1