Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for Your Ghoulish Friends

• Start Topic

Here are some details about the upcoming US version of Ghosts.

CBS-Ghosts-cast-poster.jpg?resize=768,43

CBS is making a remake of the British comedy series Ghosts, premiering on Thursday, October 7th at 9:00pm/8c. The British version just starting airing it's 3rd series, August 9th on BBC One.

Samantha (Rose McIver), a cheerful freelance journalist and Jay (Utkarsh Ambudkar), up-and-coming chef from the city, throw both caution and money to the wind when they decide to convert a huge rundown country estate they inherit into a bed & breakfast. Samantha finds out that Woodstone Estate is inhabited by the spirits of deceased residents who now call it home.

The departed souls are a close-knit, eclectic group that includes:

Thorfinna, the oldest ghost there, is a cod-obsessed Viking explorer from 1009 (Devon Chandler Long) with the ability to manipulate electricity. 

Sassapis is a sarcastic and witty Native American from the 1500s (Roman Zaragoza).

Isaac the pompous longwinded 1700's Militiaman (Brandon Scott Jones) smells bad when people walk through him because he died from dysentery.

Hetty the society woman and wife of an 1800's robber baron who is Samantha's ancestor (Rebecca Wisocky).

Alberta is a saucy Prohibition-era lounge singer (Danielle Pinnock) that is bit of a Diva.

Crash is a 1950s James Dean-style ghost (Hudson Thames) and has a neck scar that suggests that he might have been beheaded.

Flower is a '60s hippie girl fond of hallucinogens (Sheila Carrasco), who died during the summer of love when she was attacked by a bear while on hallucinogens at a music festival.

Pete the overly upbeat '80s scout troop leader (Richie Moriarty) the self-appointed activities director and was killed when accidentally shot through the neck with an arrow while teaching archery to his son’s Scout troop.

Trevor is a slick '90s finance bro (Asher Grodman) obsessed with sex, drugs and partying with celebrities, which is why he has such a hard time keeping his clothes on.

In the basement resides a few people who died from the plague.

If the spirits were anxious about the commotion a renovation and B&B will create in their home, it's nothing compared to when they realize Samantha is the first live person who can see and hear them after waking up from her coma caused by one of the spiritual residents.

117226_6761b.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2021 at 8:22 AM, AnimeMania said:

If you are interested in watching the British comedy series Ghosts that this show is based on, the first 2 Seasons and the Christmas Special can be viewed on HBO Max.

Third UK season is now on HBO Max!

• Love 1

Here's my theory:

#1:  "Bless This Mess"

#2:  "Resident Alien"

If you really liked one of the above, and were so-so on the other, this might be the show for you.

To clarify, I'm so-so on #1 and all-in on #2, and I'm really liking this show.  I'm just guessing that someone with the opposite opinions would also like it.  Not sure if I need to move this to the first episode thread, since it's no longer anticipation, but I'm thinking it's more appropriate here.

Edited by SoMuchTV
Fleshing out the thought, if that's not offensive to ghosts.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1