Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

I’ll miss you all this Sunday, but here’s some heartening news for those who need it: Seeking Sister Wife is starting up again on March 4th!!!! Woo hoo! And brace yourselves because it appears that Garrick will be returning for yet another season. Yes, our favorite punching bag he-man will be looking for his next victim. Hilarity ensues.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Between this forum being down all last week and no program tonight, I'm really bored. I'm not interested in the Super Bowl or whether or not Taylor Swift gets there in time! Can we Live Chat during the usual showtime anyway? 

Meanwhile, for your viewing pleasure...btw, over on Reddit a couple of people have posted Cameos that they bought from Darcey. Hilariously cringeworthy! She gets in all her catchphrases and seems to be repeating the same script, just filling in the names and occasion. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Can we have some fun here this week while we wait for the next episode? I've read they've filmed Season 2 of "The Last Resort" in Arizona to air August or September. So far, the speculation is that these couples will be on: 

Paola and Russ

Gino and Jasmine

Sophie and Rob

Miona and Jibri 

who else does anybody think? 

Edited by magemaud
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Can we have some fun here this week while we wait for the next episode? I've read they've filmed Season 2 of "The Last Resort" in Arizona to air August or September. So far, the speculation is that these couples will be on: 

Paola and Russ

Gino and Jasmine

Sophie and Rob

Miona and Jibri 

who else does anybody think? 

Of this list, we already know that JibJab are splitsville, and why would Yino and Yasmine be on when they just got married? Ditto Sophie and Knob. Paola and Russ seem happy enough on their IG so it would be for the money and manufactured drama, IMO.

• Like 1
(edited)

The couples' actual status doesn't appear to matter for "The Last Resort." Like Jibri and Miona, Kalani and Asuelu had broken up long before the show was filmed. Molly and Kelly weren't a couple any longer but pretended to be. Jovi and Yara really didn't appear to have any relationship issues, so it's not a stretch that Russ and Paola might be there for manufactured drama and the TLC $$$. Even if the others just got married this season, there are rumors swirling around that some have already split. 

Edited to add: I will add Ari and Binyan to the list of possible couples

Spoiler

Sophie and Rob and Gino and Jasmine for example

And even Nikki could be back, much like Angela and Michael but with Igor on a screen from Moldova. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1

Hola peeps! I've been DESOLATE without LAL and no chat last night. So I've turned up for that festival of cringe that is the Single Life. I've got the snark knives honed and I'm ready to rumble! 

Has everyone had a good week? I got new glasses and the shingles vax. We're supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow tomorrow. Houseguest and I were going to get tickets to Book of Mormon Boston tour but it'll be cheaper to go to NYC on the train, stay overnight, and see it THERE. Yikes. What are you all doing? 

• Like 1
(edited)

Just seeing the next episode highlights on Pillow Talk is making me think twice about watching it.

The storm petered out where I live. Was supposed to get about a foot, like you, @Pepper Mostly, but looks like it it’ll be more like a dusting. Which is great because I really didn’t want to trudge through knee-high snow when I take my dog out for her business trip tomorrow morning.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Oh, poor Tim's date. She hasn't caught on yet, Tim thinks girls are icky and have cooties. He will not kiss you. He will, however, agree to watch Real Housewives with you and do Korean sheet masks. 

2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Just seeing the next episode highlights on Pillow Talk is making me think twice about watching it.

Hang in there, Auntie. I need SOMEONE to snark with! 

Julian thinks he's living in a Victorian novel, I guess? "Sir, what are your intentions? Lord Vere de Vere at my club says you are an infernal blackguard!"

So, Rueben the Cuban jacked a go kart from Dave and Buster's, I guess? 

• LOL 2
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

It’s just that there is no one on this show that I like or give two shits about. The rest is so obviously manufactured and these folks are bad actors (especially Nutalie!). 

I kind of like Miss Debbie.

"You just keep your ass in the bushes!"

• LOL 2

It’s just that there is no one on this show that I like or give two shits about. The rest is so obviously manufactured and these folks are bad actors (especially Nutalie!). 

So, just like the rest of the franchise, then? Come on Auntie, I need your wit. 

• LOL 4
Just now, judylo said:

Hi everyone! We may get snow tomorrow in NYC. I hardly ever go out anyway!

Yay! Glad to see you, @judylo! We're supposed to get hammered with snow tomorrow. Houseguest took the day off work to take her car to the mechanic, but he's not going to work because snow. So we will probably bake and watch Capote and the Swans. 

• Love 1
On 2/5/2024 at 9:42 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Ben, there must be a Bible verse that can give you guidance about getting a job. 

"If he does not work, neither let him eat."

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Because of the storm forecast, I ended going to BJ’s today for all the things I thought I needed, but I really don’t. Except for the huge tub of vanilla Haagen Daz.

I thrifted some knitting needles, just in case I need to knit a snow blower.

• LOL 5

Oh my god these promos for Diaries are giving me LIFE. Yoga instead of sex??  

"We decided to try jelly donuts instead of sex"

"We decided to try raising chickens instead of sex" 

"We decided to try macrame instead of sex"

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yay! Glad to see you, @judylo! We're supposed to get hammered with snow tomorrow. Houseguest took the day off work to take her car to the mechanic, but he's not going to work because snow. So we will probably bake and watch Capote and the Swans. 

I’ve been watching the Capote thing too!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I thrifted some knitting needles, just in case I need to knit a snow blower.

I laughed really, really loudly at this. 

Jesus, John, you couldn't clean your room? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Is it good? Would I like it?

Oh, I think you'd LOVE it. Socialites picking at salads at La Cote Basque, skewering all and sundry. Smoking elegantly. Everyone is beautifully dressed and absolutely vicious. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Is it good? Would I like it?

It’s maybe not as good as it could be, and apparently liberties have been taken, but … yeah!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Zombness said:

Tyray is a pathetic case.   

He's really a mess. Totally socially inept and so gauche. 

What? No axe throwing cafe?

Fucking one horse town. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

The guide will be using this for his audition tape. He’s definitely a fixture in the community theater world.

I spent a few hours watching Dance Life on Prime (where there are now fucking commercials unless you want to pay even more money to watch tv) and it was pretty good. Young adults in Australia, vying for success at a renowned performing arts school. Lots of dancing, drama, backstories, coming of age.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 1
Just now, judylo said:

It’s maybe not as good as it could be, and apparently liberties have been taken, but … yeah!

I watched The Capote Tapes as a companion piece. I take for granted that there are going to be liberties taken in a show like this. But it's delicious just taken as it is, not as a historically accurate portrayal.

Just now, Suzywriter said:

I'm a professional storyteller, and I can say that the tour guide is on point. He's marvelous.

Agreed. Salem's full of tours like this. You need to be able to stand out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I watched The Capote Tapes as a companion piece. I take for granted that there are going to be liberties taken in a show like this. But it's delicious just taken as it is, not as a historically accurate portrayal.

Agreed. Salem's full of tours like this. You need to be able to stand out. 

Poor CZ Guest. She was apparently gorgeous. Chloe Sevigny looks nothing like her.

OMG the hat! 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Because of the storm forecast, I ended going to BJ’s today for all the things I thought I needed, but I really don’t. Except for the huge tub of vanilla Haagen Daz.

I got an Instacart this evening, with a weird assortment of stuff I thought I might need for tomorrow. Plus we have wine, and beer. Fortunately I already have plenty of toilet paper. Phew. 

• Like 2