Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Lake House

• Start Topic

Bette goes on a mission to find and win over revered artist Pippa Pascal as Angie learns more about her donor. Shane’s relationship with Tess continues to deepen, and Alice is pushed by Tom to get in touch with her emotions. Sophie, Finley and Micah are all affected by the way Dani chooses to deal with the fallout of Rodolfo’s actions.

Original airdate: 8/29/21

I feel like a lot of the timelines in this show really don't make sense. Bette goes to Pippa (self proclaimed "out in the sticks artist"), it's dark out when they go in for a drink - then she has the time to go home to have a chat with her daughter, then she goes to meet Pippa in a restaurant. 

• Useful 2

Wow, Sophie really does not like telling the truth when it is obviously going to come out, does she?

I always liked Dana and her friendship with Alice. I vaguely remember them getting together, but I felt like it didn't work out and they just stayed friends? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong, but when the editor referred to her as the "love of" Alice's life I hoped he was referring to their friendship. 

I liked Shane talking about her father, although I barely remember any of that either. I feel like Bette's going to be pissed at what comes of Angie meeting her donor and that I might be on her side when she is. Angie was worried about her sister thinking she was using her, but it seems like it was the other way around and that's why she was on the DNA site.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 2

Where is Shane's dog? I need more of that dog!

I like what they are doing with Micah. I really didn't care much about him in Season 1 and it felt like he didn't have a lot to do, but I like the direction for this season. 

• Love 2

So Dani's dad is involved in some fraud?  They sure skipped past that quickly after the big, dramatic arrest at his house.

21 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Wow, Sophie really does not like telling the truth when it is obviously going to come out, does she?

The show is making Sophie very unlikable.  She wants Dani back, but is trying to keep Finley in the wings.  Not fair, and not cool.

• Love 2

So Dani's dad is involved in some fraud?  They sure skipped past that quickly after the big, dramatic arrest at his house.

The cops arresting him listed some of the charges but I couldn't really catch what they were. Wire fraud, maybe? But yeah, then Dani "didn't want to talk about it" so I think there is supposed to be some suspense building to a reveal about Papa Dani's crimes - and probably the degree to which she is willing to cover them up and/or continue them to maintain her wealthy lifestyle. It would be interesting if Dani lost her wealth and had to find her way without that resource. It would also be interested if Papa Dani used her to hide some assets - like in that condo she just bought - making her an unwitting accessory to his crimes.

The show is making Sophie very unlikable.  She wants Dani back, but is trying to keep Finley in the wings.  Not fair, and not cool.

I don't know - Sophie did choose between Dani and Finley at the end of last season. She chose Dani. And while she was clearly having second thoughts of some sort, she was at the wedding and ready to go through with it when Finley turned up. I think that Sophie believed it was over with Dani when she agreed to dinner with Finley because Dani told her it was over. She chose Dani over Finley again at the lake house, skipping dinner with Finley to stay with Dani. 

I think Finley is Sophie's second choice but I don't think she would string Finley along if she thought she could have Dani. Dani is the one sending mixed messages but now having said they dodged a bullet, maybe she will stick to it this time?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think Finley is Sophie's second choice but I don't think she would string Finley along if she thought she could have Dani.

The reason I think she is stringing Finley along is that she wasn't honest about where she was (with Dani) when she called to cancel on their dinner date.  And then she asked for a rain check.  So I think Sophie is trying to keep both options open. 

5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Dani is the one sending mixed messages but now having said they dodged a bullet, maybe she will stick to it this time?

Dani is definitely giving mixed messages, but again, Sophie was the one who went to see her, uninvited, in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I’m confused- did they jump from Bette leaving the artist’s house right to Bette having sex with what’s her name? Did I miss a scene? Very strange editing. 

Yes, they jumped to imply that she didn't have sex with the artist, so came home and wanted to have sex with Gigi.

• Love 1
On 8/31/2021 at 5:49 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I’m confused- did they jump from Bette leaving the artist’s house right to Bette having sex with what’s her name? Did I miss a scene? Very strange editing. 

The editing in this show is very confusing. We also have to have a sex scene in every episode, apparently.