Type keyword(s) to search

Chyka Keebaugh:

u0zrOvw.jpg

Chyka Keebaugh
Chyka married her best friend Bruce and together they built one of Australia’s largest privately owned catering and event companies, ‘The Big Group’. Growing the company for the past 22 years, they have some of the most elite clients ranging from Middle Eastern Sheiks to European aristocracy; the National Gallery of Australia, to high profile celebrities and corporate and political VIP’s. Now, this powerful duo is extending their business even further to include two new Melbourne venues and become Australia’s most sought-after event locations. Chyka and Bruce have two teenage children, Chessie, 19, and BJ, 18, who are following in their parent’s footsteps as upcoming entrepreneurs in Melbourne.

I love this woman, she is just awesome.  She reminds me of myself. (I know, I am so humble).

I, too, have got the pick a side thing before.  I have worked in offices for a good part of my life, and gossip is a big part of office politics, and I never have liked to gossip-even when I was younger.  It just makes me feel bad to badmouth people in real life. A lot of the time you will find both sides mad at you, because you didn't pick a side-it is a very delicate thing to navigate.  

As I've gotten older I have learned how to appease both sides without coming down on one-it usually works, sometimes it just doesn't, though.  I like that Chyka is strong enough to stay neutral and calm.  I hope she stays this way.  

I also love that she said she doesn't like second hand information.  I take most things told to me with a grain of salt.  I don't automatically believe it. I am glad she doesn't, either. 

I wonder if she and her husband need a sister-wife, I would gladly become a part of their family.  

• Love 1

I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed by Chyka this season. 

Last season, she was the neutral party.  Friends with all, but willing to tell someone if they were wrong in a particular situation.

This seaon, in the two episodes that have aired so far (in the U.S.) I see her becoming more involved in the drama.  Not necessarily causing it but being complicit.  At Janet's party, she's in the background laughing when Janet makes the drag queen comment when Gina enters the room.  Then at the lunch with Janet telling Gamble about the rumors around town about her, Chyka is  there kind of egging it on.  I don't know... Just get a feeling that she feels she needs to ramp up the drama to continue as part of the show.

• Love 1