Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: The Wife

• Start Topic

So we're really supposed to believe that this '2smitten' site allows you to search the database without creating an account first and, even more unbelievably, publicly lists accounts that have been deactivated?  What legit dating site behaves like that? 

• Love 3

Yeah, I'm gonna hand-wave the questionable tech access, as online social media is so prevalent and constantly changing.  We can't have them searching personal ads in the newspaper, so I'll go with the improbable for the sake of the storyline. 

Miss priss Sophie is just as shady as "Danny Walters", so that is definitely keeping my interest.  I'm liking the twists that come from the differing viewpoints in each episode, and working back-to-front in some instances. 

The best friend Matt was definitely deflecting the sporty girl at the memorial from talking to Sophie, so I'm thinking Matt is a wingman for Nicks extra-marital shenanigans & knows his bud was a serial cheater, maybe even going after the youngsters.  

And of course, Detective Delicious Amiri is my eye candy, so that alone keeps me glued.  *LOL*

• Like 2
  • Love 9

The best friend Matt was definitely deflecting the sporty girl at the memorial from talking to Sophie, so I'm thinking Matt is a wingman for Nicks extra-marital shenanigans & knows his bud was a serial cheater, maybe even going after the youngsters.  

Can we speculate?  I'd like to build on this because I agree.

I'm sorry, I thought a lot of this episode was borderline stupid.  What was the timeline for the memorial service?  Because it appeared to me it was held the day after Nick's body was discovered.  Really?  There was enough time to pull together an event of that size, complete with a giant glossy poster/picture of the deceased?  And I know everyone grieves differently (and these aren't real people, afterall) but I would think they would all be down in bed at that point.  Hardly getting dressed up to go make a public appearance at a memorial prior to even a funeral.  

The woman who made the scene at the memorial, how did she know about Sophie's affair?  Was it already released on the news?

The actor playing the younger son needs some serious acting lessons.  Color me shocked his Dad just died in a horrifying manner.  In the scenes where he's not the focus, he's in the background practically yawning and checking his watch.  Even in his own scenes, I expected him to say, "so Mom, when do I get a new Dad....the old one kinda sucked".  

Pia is hard to take but at least she showed some emotion.

My favorite part was when the Grandma took the hose to the reporters.  That was much needed and much deserved!! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

And once again Pia makes it all about what she wants. Too bad the mother-in-law didn't turn the hose on her.

I get that everyone has to lie to drag the story out, but it's a bit tiresome that the characters are so clumsy about it.

On 8/29/2021 at 11:30 AM, leighdear said:

Matt definitely knows something. I think also there's more going on between him and Pia that we haven't seen yet.

What "friend" tells you she thinks you husband is "totally fuckable" and talks about how he's been your only lover at your anniversary party. Gross.

(Side note that the subtitles crack me up. When there's a text message we see it as a subtitle as well as onscreen.)

• Like 1
  • Love 3