Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Luck Be a Lady

• Start Topic

Bette’s passion is ignited at work while Angie receives some big news that complicates things at home. Shane and Tess’s business venture doesn’t go as planned, and Alice resists facing the truth of her situation with Nat. Meanwhile, Finley, Sophie and Dani all struggle to adjust to their new normal as Micah leans on Maribel for support when he starts a new job.

Original airdate: 8/22/21

I liked this episode better than episode 2.

I was worried about the game. I thought the guy was a cope and Shane and co were going to get busted.  I can't believe Tessa "raked" him and took the risk. 

Alice is so screwed in regards to her relationship with Nat.

The most interesting part was Bette and Gigi.  I like them together but Bette has not learned from her mistakes with Tina and other women over the years.  I'm worried this season it's going to be the Bette/Gigi/Dani love triangle.  Damn. I do love all 3 of them.

I love the fact that Angie found her half sister.

36 minutes ago, greekmom said:

The most interesting part was Bette and Gigi.  I like them together but Bette has not learned from her mistakes with Tina and other women over the years.  I'm worried this season it's going to be the Bette/Gigi/Dani love triangle.  Damn. I do love all 3 of them.

It was hard to imagine Bette and Gigi being too serious anyway--Bette's got te artist to interest her now, if not romantically.

36 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I love the fact that Angie found her half sister.

I loved the girl they cast as her. Didn't see enough of her to get that much of a sense of er, but she seemed sweet and they looked like they could be half-sisters. But then, if the guy didn't want to be outed as a donor he probably shouldn't have let his own daughter (I assume she's his daughter?) do the DNA thing! 

Gigi seems to have chemistry with everyone. I like listening to her and Dani speak Farsi.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

It was hard to imagine Bette and Gigi being too serious anyway--Bette's got te artist to interest her now, if not romantically.

I loved the girl they cast as her. Didn't see enough of her to get that much of a sense of er, but she seemed sweet and they looked like they could be half-sisters. But then, if the guy didn't want to be outed as a donor he probably shouldn't have let his own daughter (I assume she's his daughter?) do the DNA thing! 

Gigi seems to have chemistry with everyone. I like listening to her and Dani speak Farsi.

I just think that Bette needs someone permanently.  

I wish that the show would have translated their Farsi -- I was curious to know what they were saying.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

I just think that Bette needs someone permanently.  

She does--like her friends said, she needs a wife person.

It's funny that it seems much more natural to me to have Bette as the one Angie lives with when I think she was supposed to have been with Tina for a lot of the time. I think I never got over the weird moment in the original show where some random woman mistakenly thought Tina had adopted Angie and Tina for some reason didn't correct her. It just always feels like something doesn't fit there, probably exacerbated by the fact that I've only seen Bette being her primary parent on the show. 

3 hours ago, greekmom said:

I wish that the show would have translated their Farsi -- I was curious to know what they were saying.

Yeah, I thought that was a really interesting choice since shows don't often do that. Especially since there ended up being even more of it beyond the original exchange. 

• Love 1

But then, if the guy didn't want to be outed as a donor he probably shouldn't have let his own daughter (I assume she's his daughter?) do the DNA thing! 

Maybe he didn't? Angie didn't have permission to do it either.

The most interesting part was Bette and Gigi.  I like them together

I want to but I thought they seemed so awkward when they were in the condo lobby together and Gigi grabbed Bette's ass and then put her chin on Bette's shoulder and batted her eyelashes. I thought Bette seemed annoyed by the attention rather than happy with it. I liked Dani and Gigi together except that I think Dani probably needs to heal more from her breakup before she gets into another relationship.

I was worried about the game. I thought the guy was a cope and Shane and co were going to get busted.  I can't believe Tessa "raked" him and took the risk. 

I thought he was a cop too and I suppose he still could be. But then I was confused because I assumed the game was illegal but Tessa said "raking" was not legal but was customary. Why would it matter if raking is legal or not if the entire game is illegal? Also I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into a "Shane is a gambling addict" storyline because for some reason, that's just going to annoy me. I don't know why. Also I really need to see more of Shane's dog. Do we even know his name yet?

I love Angie's relationships with Bette's friends and how she referred to Shane and Alice as her family. 

• Love 4

I’m glad Alice finally stood up for herself and told Nat she couldn't deal with it.  I hope she sticks to it. 

Gigi flirting with Dani is trouble.  Dani is vulnerable right now.  I don't think it will help if she falls for someone who is already sleeping with the woman Dani used to work for.  Nat and Gigi should be together, but are toxic for everyone else. 

I hope Dani doesn’t become the show’s sad-sack character.  A lot of shows like to pick one person and then just dump all the shit on their heads, never giving them a break throughout the series.  They seem to be sending Dani down that road.  First her fiancé cheats on her with a friend just before the wedding, then she had to leave her home, and now her dad is maybe sick or dying or dead.  Does she even have a job now that she is no longer working on Bette’s campaign?  That was another loss for Dani – she was devastated when Bette lost.

Sophie and Finley....Finley is trying hard, and Sophie is conflicted, and they both have a lot to learn about being in a relationship, so I'm kinda rooting for them. I laughed when Sophie came home and Dani's stuff was gone.  Even the red pepper!

Shane and Tess and illegal gambling...what could possibly go wrong?

• Love 1