Type keyword(s) to search

S1.E04:

• Start Topic

For crying out loud, he couldn't outrun a little kid before she made it across town?? She was running FOR THE ROAD, nevermind the campus. 

Everyone on this show is starting to seem stupid.

Ji-yoon needs a support network, or to get better at using the media or creating allies among people who actually would agree with her. She's worried about the feelings of what's his name more than of Yaz? I am getting more and more irritated by her lack of savvy. The situation she's in is terrible, but she's doing a terrible job of it. 

Also, Joan needs to grow up. She could have done the same rant without hacking and tracking the person who made the commens. How did these women get so far in a shitty world without gaining any navigation skills?

I also seriously object to the idea that drunk, lazy, not taking anything seriously Bill would suddenly become sober and smartand sweet  with Ju Ju (until the flight incident). It's like no one can write a schmuck without insisting he's actually the sweetest bestest most sympathetic person around, or a professional woman unless she somehow managed to overcome a misogynistic system without having a fucking drop of common sense or strategic savvy. Like all the oppression only kicked in after they were there for 35 years or had gotten the promotion. No way anyone as half-cocked as Joan or as wimpy as Ji-yoon would have made it this far.

• Love 5

Joan continues to be by far my favorite part of this show. When she showed up “undercover” to the library stake-out I died laughing. I would absolutely watch a spin-off of her and the IT guy trying to sleuth and solve crimes, and quote Chaucer along the way. Also, Joan, if you were super passionate about all the dick/fart/sex jokes in Chaucer like this in class, your evals might be better….

Ji-Yoon needs to act like the chair and yank the old white male Meville professor off of Yaz’s tenure case, because he clearly is tanking her unfairly. Ji-Yoon at this point is not doing her job if she lets it continue. This storyline continues to be way too real. Also I see zero evidence that the guy has all sorts of institutional clout the way Ji-Yoon claims…isn’t the whole point that his time has passed and he can’t see/admit it?

SO not interested in JuJu being the devil child only Bill can charm as a way of getting Ji-Yoon and Bill together. Yawn.

I have more sympathy for Ji-Yoon in the David Duchovny storyline, but it’s really hard to imagine that they can’t accommodate by making TWO distinguished lectures and not taking one away from Yaz.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

I see zero evidence that the guy has all sorts of institutional clout the way Ji-Yoon claims…isn’t the whole point that his time has passed and he can’t see/admit it?

That's the worst part! TPTB wanted her to get him to resign. They want him gone! And she's sympathetic to him because of his past, but not dealing with who he is now. It's the same as with Bill. She's totally in the tank for the WM Privilege while telling herself she isn't. 

• Love 4

Oh good grief, I can honesty say I HATE that obnoxious child.  It's so patently obvious that there have been ZERO boundaries for her in any capacity.  And I cannot abide the stupidity of parents that allow that type of behavior. 

Every single student seems spring-loaded to the defensive, combative, persecution-complex exhibiting position.  Each one looking desperately for something or someone they can scream at about how UNFAIR things are, how MEAN people are, how RACIST people are, and it's all focused on their special little snowflake selves.  These people are exhausting! 

And the paranoia level displayed by all these people is just off the charts and ludicrous. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 8/28/2021 at 9:52 PM, stealinghome said:

Joan continues to be by far my favorite part of this show. When she showed up “undercover” to the library stake-out I died laughing. I would absolutely watch a spin-off of her and the IT guy trying to sleuth and solve crimes, and quote Chaucer along the way. Also, Joan, if you were super passionate about all the dick/fart/sex jokes in Chaucer like this in class, your evals might be better….

Ji-Yoon needs to act like the chair and yank the old white male Meville professor off of Yaz’s tenure case, because he clearly is tanking her unfairly. Ji-Yoon at this point is not doing her job if she lets it continue. This storyline continues to be way too real. Also I see zero evidence that the guy has all sorts of institutional clout the way Ji-Yoon claims…isn’t the whole point that his time has passed and he can’t see/admit it?

SO not interested in JuJu being the devil child only Bill can charm as a way of getting Ji-Yoon and Bill together. Yawn.

I have more sympathy for Ji-Yoon in the David Duchovny storyline, but it’s really hard to imagine that they can’t accommodate by making TWO distinguished lectures and not taking one away from Yaz.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:14 PM, possibilities said:

That's the worst part! TPTB wanted her to get him to resign. They want him gone! And she's sympathetic to him because of his past, but not dealing with who he is now. It's the same as with Bill. She's totally in the tank for the WM Privilege while telling herself she isn't. 

16 hours ago, leighdear said:

Oh good grief, I can honesty say I HATE that obnoxious child.  It's so patently obvious that there have been ZERO boundaries for her in any capacity.  And I cannot abide the stupidity of parents that allow that type of behavior. 

Every single student seems spring-loaded to the defensive, combative, persecution-complex exhibiting position.  Each one looking desperately for something or someone they can scream at about how UNFAIR things are, how MEAN people are, how RACIST people are, and it's all focused on their special little snowflake selves.  These people are exhausting! 

And the paranoia level displayed by all these people is just off the charts and ludicrous. 

I feel like Juju only exists to show how awesome useless Bill is and how the main character is overworked. She is a plot device. 
Also, it annoys me her mother is totally ignoring her many behavioral issues. The child is crying out for help.

I am a working mother of two…why did you adopt a child when you have absolutely no time to raise her? It is not like women can not exist without children.

• Love 3

Taylor Holland is amazing, but her character cannot carry this show alone.   I'm not going any further with this group. 

There's not enough here, as Sandra Oh pretty much peaked for me with "Grey's Anatomy". 

Slightly off topic, but I intensely disliked Sandra in "Killing Eve", though most of the world seems to see brilliance there.  Nope.  2 obsessive women stupidly obsessing about their mutual obsession.  

• Love 2
On 8/30/2021 at 4:36 PM, leighdear said:

The students were one of the things that rang very true to me from my time working at a university. It's the age group but it's a horrible mixture of them coming to terms with their intelligence and awareness of the world in realizing that they can solve problems and are going to be out in the working world soon - combined with complete ignorance about how the world actually operates and how things actually get done and a strange sort of very abrasive "no shades of grey" way of thinking. Any time students would get all up in arms about something most of the time they didn't fully grasp the situation, or the methods to solve it and would just scream in the hallways or the quad. They were exhausting. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
On 8/25/2021 at 5:54 PM, possibilities said:

For crying out loud, he couldn't outrun a little kid before she made it across town?? She was running FOR THE ROAD, nevermind the campus. 

Everyone on this show is starting to seem stupid.

Ji-yoon needs a support network, or to get better at using the media or creating allies among people who actually would agree with her. She's worried about the feelings of what's his name more than of Yaz? I am getting more and more irritated by her lack of savvy. The situation she's in is terrible, but she's doing a terrible job of it. 

Also, Joan needs to grow up. She could have done the same rant without hacking and tracking the person who made the commens. How did these women get so far in a shitty world without gaining any navigation skills?

I also seriously object to the idea that drunk, lazy, not taking anything seriously Bill would suddenly become sober and smartand sweet  with Ju Ju (until the flight incident). It's like no one can write a schmuck without insisting he's actually the sweetest bestest most sympathetic person around, or a professional woman unless she somehow managed to overcome a misogynistic system without having a fucking drop of common sense or strategic savvy. Like all the oppression only kicked in after they were there for 35 years or had gotten the promotion. No way anyone as half-cocked as Joan or as wimpy as Ji-yoon would have made it this far.

He had a boot cast on his foot from the car running over it.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2