Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: Identity Crisis

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

"Alcohol is a group expense." Good to see this show again. And great to hear Jessica Walter again.

We finally, finally get to see The Agency Formerly Known as ISIS face off against other spy agencies. They're dirt broke, no thanks to Archer's shenanigans. That's what happens when you're in a coma for a few seasons and weren't spies for a few seasons before that. We finally know what happened to ODIN, they got bought by a conglomerate spy agency.

Loved hearing Ray and Cyril do dueling Archer impressions. Also loved Archer naming the helicopter "Dr. Whirlington Spinblade."

And hi Eric Andre! aaaaand bye Eric Andre. I knew he wasn't gonna stick around. But at least he's in a coma.

• Love 2

Looks like the team (can't say "gang"; another franchise has that on lock) gets to play underdog again. It's weird . . . at any given moment, half of them need to be smacked hard, but it's rough seeing some snob lord his status over them and mentally teabag Archer. Ditto for a couple of P/R nerds dragging out their failures over and over. Yeah, we wound up getting Pam and Cheryl trying to get into that spirit (Pam donning the scarf and glasses; I tell myself she coldcocked the lady and took those from herself), but it gets depressing. And then Archer flies a helicopter without ever taking a lesson, and things were good again.

I think maybe a bit of the melancholy comes from the passing of Jessica Walter. At least Malory is still Malory . . . a fantastically snarky bitch. Seriously, would Jessica's passing mean the end of Archer? I can't see a new character come in to corral these neurotics.  This isn't a Tornado Shanks situation.

At least the crew got a win of sorts over ILA. And then the scientist got knocked into the coma. One good bit about Archer: I didn't need to go back and see if the guy was voiced by Eric Andre because he looked like Eric Andre. And I'm surprised the real Eric Andre hasn't been knocked into a coma at least once in his life.

RIP ODIN. We never did find out what the acronym stood for, did we?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3

Its great to have the show back again, even if Archer and company aren't are in petty dire straights. So dire that they have to hire a PR firm and...possibly even buy they're own alcohol! 

"Its like science...but dark."

• Love 2