Type keyword(s) to search

NYC Epicenters 9/11 -> 2021 1/2

• Start Topic

NYC EPICENTERS 9/11->2021 1/2, a four-part documentary essay produced and directed by acclaimed director Spike Lee (HBO's "4 Little Girls", "When the Levees Broke"), is a rich tapestry of New York City in the 21st century, weaving together the stories, memories and insights of those who were eyewitnesses to New York's greatest challenges. NYC EPICENTERS 9/11->2021 1/2 debuts SUNDAY, AUGUST 22 (8:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), with the following two episodes airing subsequent Sundays leading up to the finale on September 11 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. The series will debut on HBO and be available to stream on HBO Max.

Edited by DanaK

I really am enjoying the first two episodes.  Spike Lee always has been good with his documentaries. 

I really don't know how people can protest hospital workers and first responders, and say that medical personel are lying about all this, but they do.  Those are the people that should be made to work in a morgue.  

Ugh, can't say much more or I'll get a time out.  Looking forward to tonight.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

I really am enjoying the first two episodes.  Spike Lee always has been good with his documentaries. 

I really don't know how people can protest hospital workers and first responders, and say that medical personel are lying about all this, but they do.  Those are the people that should be made to work in a morgue.  

Ugh, can't say much more or I'll get a time out.  Looking forward to tonight.

The third episode about 9/11 still send a chill down my spine when it happened. Never forget!

• Love 3

I'm all in on this one. Episode Three actually taught me something that I never knew about 9/11. Why had no one else in the countless documentaries about 9/11, talked about the boats and how many people were taken off the island of Manhattan by them?

Very well done. Riveting series.

• Love 3
On 9/9/2021 at 1:25 PM, ChicksDigScars said:

I'm all in on this one. Episode Three actually taught me something that I never knew about 9/11. Why had no one else in the countless documentaries about 9/11, talked about the boats and how many people were taken off the island of Manhattan by them?

It was in a few that I watched. 

• Love 1

The story about the bill that supports 9/11 first responders is just so infuriating, especially with some senators refusing to budge. I think they deserve the credit and healthcare. So furious about that result, but that's another story...

Edited by letter8358
  • Love 3
On 9/9/2021 at 10:25 AM, ChicksDigScars said:

Very well done. Riveting series.

There’s still so much about that horrific day that isn’t well known or discussed. From the ferries, boats taking people to NJ, other places to the Hasidic community handing out water to those who walked across the bridge.
A close friend stood there dazed, covered in dust as two women wiped her face, tried to get her to drink water. 
Cell phones weren’t what they are now but those who had them were sharing. Can I call someone for you? Do you need help? It was really beautiful. 

There was so much assistance that day and in the aftermath that has never been brought to light. 

I met a high school kid last week who didn’t realize that there was an evacuation because all books, tv ever focus on is all the loss and destruction. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 1

I knew the boats were there.  I have a process.  When something bad happens, I want to know what happened.  I want to know everything that happened.  So I guess that's how I knew about the boats.  Horrible, horrible day.  We all have our own journey.  Some need to close their eyes.  No judgement, your journey.  Some like me are looking for everything related.  I never had an interest in seeing bodies crashing into the streets, or hearing the last voices of the poor souls who were trapped.  But, "what happened to the people" was my call.  I was on all of it.  Spike is a master story teller.  Bless him for doing this.

• Love 1