Type keyword(s) to search

Interview with the Vampire Media

• Start Topic

On 6/6/2022 at 11:15 AM, Scarlett45 said:

That's a cool teaser.

The cast is having a panel at SDCC which is supposed to drop a longer trailer.  Nice seeing more footage and finally learning a bit more about the series.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

The cast is having a panel at SDCC which is supposed to drop a longer trailer.  Nice seeing more footage and finally learning a bit more about the series.

FUN! I haven't been to SDCC in years, but I always had a good time when I went. I will look out for it.

• Love 1

This is either going to be a wildly successful readaptation or a complete flaming trainwreck. It looks lush enough, so that's something.

I've long loved the books and even loved the '94 film when Brad Pitt was at his zenith of long-haired pretty, but I'm open to seeing what they do with it.

• Love 4
(edited)

AMC+ will air the first 2 episodes of this seven episode series on October 2 at 10pm, while AMC will air one. 
IWTV_102_AB_0413_0019_RT.jpg

Jacob Anderson plays Eric Bogosian, a podcaster interviewing Louis.

IWTV_103_AB_0214_0328_RT.jpg

Louis de Pointe du Lac, a 200 year-old vampire who recounts his bloody life story to a podcast reporter.

IWTV_104_AB_0202_0176_RT.jpg

Sam Reid plays Lestat de Lioncourt, the vampire that turned and romantic interest of Louis.

IWTV_103_AB_0225_0233_RT.jpg

Bailey Bass plays Claudia, a 10 year-old vampire that Louis and Lestat consider their “daughter”.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 1

Everything I'm seeing says eight episodes.

Louis is no longer 200 years old if they're changing the setting of his mortal life to 1910. Bailey Bass, the actress playing Claudia, is 19 so they're obviously aging that character up well past what they did for the '94 movie when a then 11-year-old Kirsten Dunst portrayed her. 

Eric Bogosian is playing Daniel Malloy, which is another change as Daniel was a fairly young man when he interviewed Louis for what became the book. Jacob Anderson is playing Louis, which is kind of an interesting choice as American audiences primarily know him as the eunuch soldier Grey Worm on Game of Thrones. He looks fine enough in the trailer though. I'll admit I'm completely unfamiliar with Sam Reid as Lestat. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

AMC+ has the US broadcasting righta to GANGS OF LONDON and while Sky Atlantic categorized the series as having 10 episodes, AMC+ listed the first two episodes as one. Likely what AMC is doing in this situation.

• Useful 1

That's what TVLine says too. AMC is notorious for airing the first two episodes of a season back to back and treating it like one episode. 

We also learned that the series will debut on Sunday, Oct. 2 at 10/9c. The first two episodes will be available to stream on AMC+ that same night.

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 7/23/2022 at 1:49 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Eric Bogosian is playing Daniel Malloy, which is another change as Daniel was a fairly young man when he interviewed Louis for what became the book.

This is baked into the plot of the show, that Daniel already interviewed Louis (and perhaps published that book) when he was young, and is now interviewing him again to try and get at the truth (i.e. the changes Louis makes in the story that he's now telling in the tv show.)  I also personally wonder if he might later be merged with the character of David Talbot to 'correct' his aging up.  

Anyway, I think this looks like a really interesting take on the material and I'm looking forward to it. 

Edited by Glade
  • Love 2
On 7/21/2022 at 5:04 PM, AnimeMania said:

Interview with the Vampire     October 2        AMC/AMC+        7 episodes

FYMtYfeUYAE2xC2.jpg

I really like this poster- and it’s going to fit into my Nights of Halloween event!

• Love 2
On 9/8/2022 at 10:41 PM, AnimeMania said:

Interview-With-The-Vampire-Poster-Key-Ar

Interview with the Vampire Episode 1, Sunday, October 2 at 10pm ET on AMC.

Interview with the Vampire Episodes 1 and 2, Sunday, October 2 on AMC+.

I like the trailer a lot. I’m going to get AMC+ to watch. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

I wasn't sure about all the changes but the trailer looks intriguing. And the actors are gorgeous. I'm in for eight episodes. They'll show all episodes on regular AMC right? I don't want to pay for another service.

Yes, it'll be on regular AMC, as well as AMC+ a week early. 

At this point, some sources say it'll be 7 episodes, others say 8. 

I have the special that was aired on Sunday on my DVR, I plan to watch it tonight. 

• Useful 3
On 9/20/2022 at 5:02 PM, Superclam said:

At this point, some sources say it'll be 7 episodes, others say 8. 

I think I read that it will premier the first two episodes as a block, effectively a two-hour opener. AMC loves to do that with it's higher profile shows. 

Interesting early review. It's a little spoilery in laying out how some of this is going to be reimagined, but it sounds promising. 

Interview with the Vampire Is the Season’s Best Fantasy Franchise Reboot

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

I think I read that it will premier the first two episodes as a block, effectively a two-hour opener. AMC loves to do that with it's higher profile shows. 

There is AMC (cable On-demand/channel) that will air one episode and another platform AMC+ (the paid streaming service version) that will stream two episodes and allow viewers to see each episode one week ahead of the AMC viewers.

• Useful 2

I hope it's her AVATAR obligations but her AVATAR 3 was filmed at the same time as THE WAY OF WATER and the first act of AVATAR 4 was filmed then as well. And as 4 takes place on Earth and a different land, Bailey wouldn't necessarily be in that film much.

Her mom-ager posted a quote about better things come to those who are patient and the best things come to those who don't give up, which feels to me that it wasn't Bailey's call. But who knows.

• Like 1

All the shows are under the same 'Immortal Universe,' for good or ill.  Hopefully the Talamasca series will be centered around Jesse, as it does seem QOTD is to be parceled out between the Night Island miniseries, a Fang Gang miniseries and now this show.

Edited by Glade
  • Like 2