Type keyword(s) to search

Again with This, 90210MG, The Beverly Hills 90210 Show & Other Podcasts About Our Fav Zip Code!

• Start Topic

(edited)

A place to discuss all of the podcasts and reviews of the show that have been popping up these days, can you believe it has been almost 31yrs since the pilot? 

My favs are 90210MG- hosted by Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling.

And The Beverly Hills 90210 Show:Producers Charles Rosin, Larry Mollin and Host Pete Ferriero explore a song by song, episode by episode look inside the making of the original Beverly Hills 90210! (they also produce on YouTube which is fun to see the cast)

Again With This was the first podcast I ever listened to, and it got me hooked.

Edited by Scarlett45
added "Again with This" because it started it all!
  • Love 3

I think I kind of gave up on the The 90210 Show podcast because the sound quality was awful, and there are too many episodes to catch up on.

Also I don't think Pete is a great host. And Lily representing the fans? She's superfluous.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, purist said:

Surely this thread should include the name of the best 90210 podcast of them all, and the one started by the original founders of Primetimer (and its predecessor, Previously.tv), Again With This?

Of course! There are also individual threads to discuss specific episodes of that podcast.

37 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I think I kind of gave up on the The 90210 Show podcast because the sound quality was awful, and there are too many episodes to catch up on.

Well the episodes of that one are not sequential, they kind of go all over the place, so you can pick and choose which ones you want to listen to based on the guest star, topic etc.

• Love 2

On this week's 90210MG, "What the Heck is U4EA?" (Season 2 Episode 15)- I like listening to Jennie and Tori talk about their experiences, but they do not do a good job recapping the episode. Maybe because they have expected us to have already watched it (either with them or before). They did comment that by this time Jason and Christine had an attraction to each other, and they felt "Jason and Christine" showed up more than "Brandon and Emily".

• Love 1

I am a few weeks behind on the Beverly Hills 90210 Show podcast, but I wanted to check out the episode with Douglas Emerson (Scott Scanlon). I love it when Douglas decides to share his experiences with us- its very fun because he was a child actor who went on to live a "regular life", he served in the military, got married, had some kids etc and was a part of this iconic series. He also seems like such a sweetheart. 

• Love 1
On 8/10/2021 at 10:30 AM, Scarlett45 said:

On this week's 90210MG, "What the Heck is U4EA?" (Season 2 Episode 15)- I like listening to Jennie and Tori talk about their experiences, but they do not do a good job recapping the episode. Maybe because they have expected us to have already watched it (either with them or before).

I agree. I enjoy listening to Jennie and Tori talk about their experiences. But I agree with you: they suck at the recap aspect.

• Love 1

Listening to the episode "Better Together (S2, E9)" of the 90210MG podcast, and they totally name-dropped  @Tara Ariano and @Sarah D. Bunting, and Jennie said they should have them on their show.  They were referring to one of the "A Very Special 90210 books", and Jennie said she likes how they recap the episodes, but also "talk shit" about them.  😄  ETA:  Not sure how much they would want to collaborate, if they had listened to the whole AWT podcast, and heard all the "Cat-butt-mouth/Cleavern" comments, though...

I am enjoying the 90210MG podcast, but it truly does not hold a candle to the "Again With This: Beverly Hills 90210" podcast.  I enjoy the guest stars, and I like hearing some of the behind-the-scenes things, and stories about the actors, but as above-posters commented, they suck at recapping.  I feel like they read the comments, saying that they are not good at recapping the episodes, and thought that meant just reading the episode description first, which they start to do after the first couple of episodes.  But the problem is actually that they are talking about how they feel about things in the episode, without actually STATING what happened.  i.e. (hypothetical example) "I just did not understand why Brenda was saying those things" but never stating clearly what it was that she said.  Sure, if you watched the episode, you know the things Brenda did or said in that episode, but they could try to be more specific sometimes.  They also go on VERY long tangents.  Sure, Sarah, Tara, and Dave go on rants about raisins, and whatnot, but it doesn't take up half the episode.

Edited by Miss Bones
more
  • Love 2

I’m still listening to Jennie and Tori’s podcast, I think it has improved since Amy Sugarman has come on to cohost. She keeps them on track better. Really my only complaint with them is they will bring up things right in the middle of the show and it’s often something they could’ve looked up and researched ahead of time. And they don’t seem to reach out to any crew, writers or producers who could help them explore behind the scenes aspects. Example, Tori asked in a recent one, “Do you think at this point they were planning to have Dylan and Kelly get together?” And they each say they don’t know and move on. That would’ve been a great opportunity to reach out to Charles Rosin or some of the other writers and ask them about it. Because I know Charles Rosin talks about a lot of that stuff on the other podcast. But they just don’t seem to do that extra legwork that say, the Office Ladies do. 

I used to follow the 90210 Show podcast more but I haven’t in a while. I’ll have to check in and see what guests they’ve had recently. They usually have a lot of good behind the scenes info. It’s weird though that Tiffani Theissen won’t agree to do it when so many other cast members have. 

• Love 3
On 2/3/2022 at 9:05 AM, desertflower said:

I’m still listening to Jennie and Tori’s podcast, I think it has improved since Amy Sugarman has come on to cohost. She keeps them on track better. Really my only complaint with them is they will bring up things right in the middle of the show and it’s often something they could’ve looked up and researched ahead of time. And they don’t seem to reach out to any crew, writers or producers who could help them explore behind the scenes aspects. Example, Tori asked in a recent one, “Do you think at this point they were planning to have Dylan and Kelly get together?” And they each say they don’t know and move on. That would’ve been a great opportunity to reach out to Charles Rosin or some of the other writers and ask them about it. Because I know Charles Rosin talks about a lot of that stuff on the other podcast. But they just don’t seem to do that extra legwork that say, the Office Ladies do. 

I used to follow the 90210 Show podcast more but I haven’t in a while. I’ll have to check in and see what guests they’ve had recently. They usually have a lot of good behind the scenes info. It’s weird though that Tiffani Theissen won’t agree to do it when so many other cast members have. 

Totally agree with your whole post!  RE:  Amy Sugarman-- I skipped their recaps on the Melrose episodes, so I was a little confused (but happy) when they returned with the 90210 eps and Amy seems to be the regular co-host, but I am not complaining.  I did not miss Sis while she was on maternity leave, and I do not miss her now.  Is Amy the new fulltime replacement for Sis?  She is so much better at 1) keeping them on track and 2) not being annoying.

• Love 2
On 2/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, Miss Bones said:

Is Amy the new fulltime replacement for Sis? 

I don’t know, they haven’t said that specifically. I know some people have been asking on their Instagram what happened to Sisanie and they never answer or mention her during the podcast. Weird. 

• Love 2
On 2/7/2022 at 11:49 AM, Miss Bones said:

Totally agree with your whole post!  RE:  Amy Sugarman-- I skipped their recaps on the Melrose episodes, so I was a little confused (but happy) when they returned with the 90210 eps and Amy seems to be the regular co-host, but I am not complaining.  I did not miss Sis while she was on maternity leave, and I do not miss her now.  Is Amy the new fulltime replacement for Sis?  She is so much better at 1) keeping them on track and 2) not being annoying.

Maybe I’ll pick up the podcast again. What episode does Amy join?

• Love 2
On 2/18/2022 at 4:36 PM, desertflower said:

I don’t know, they haven’t said that specifically. I know some people have been asking on their Instagram what happened to Sisanie and they never answer or mention her during the podcast. Weird. 

Hmm.  That is weird.  Wonder if there is more to the story, or if it is just that she wasn't a fan fave.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:40 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Maybe I’ll pick up the podcast again. What episode does Amy join?

Well, she was on maternity for a little bit before S2 E28 "Wedding Bell Blues", but then returned for that episode.  Then the next 3 or 4 episodes were Melrose Place episodes (because they were 90210 crossover episodes, they covered them), but I did not listen to those.  When they returned with S3 E1 "Misery Loves Company", it seemed like they were continuing on with Amy as a regular replacement.  Prior to that, she had joined them for some episodes while Sis was gone.

• Love 2
On 2/21/2022 at 8:36 AM, Miss Bones said:

Hmm.  That is weird.  Wonder if there is more to the story, or if it is just that she wasn't a fan fave.

I'm a year younger than the characters were. So, I was in high school, and in right demographic, when this series started to air. The themes on the show felt very relatable for what was going on in my life at that time. The show was popular in my high school regardless of people's cliques, etc.

Whenever Sisanie talked about watching the series, at age 8that would take me out of the podcast. I remember thinking, "How, at age 8, could you relate what what was going on in the series?"

Sometimes kids watch things that are more on the adult side, I was a horror movie fanatic at a young age, but 90210 started out as a show about teen issues. It's hard to imagine an elementary age kid finding value in that, outside of watching it with an older sibling. I didn't mind Sisanie, but don't think she's the right co-host for this pod, and maybe The Powers That Be realized it too.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I'm a year younger than the characters were. So, I was in high school, and in right demographic, when this series started to air. The themes on the show felt very relatable for what was going on in my life at that time. The show was popular in my high school regardless of people's cliques, etc.

Whenever Sisanie talked about watching the series, at age 8that would take me out of the podcast. I remember thinking, "How, at age 8, could you relate what what was going on in the series?"

Sometimes kids watch things that are more on the adult side, I was a horror movie fanatic at a young age, but 90210 started out as a show about teen issues. It's hard to imagine an elementary age kid finding value in that, outside of watching it with an older sibling. I didn't mind Sisanie, but don't think she's the right co-host for this pod, and maybe The Powers That Be realized it too.

I get what you are saying, and I agree at age 8, she was not the target audience.  However, I am closer to Sis's age-- a couple years younger in fact, I am 34--and would consider myself a superfan.  Now I didn't watch it (with an older sibling) during it's first run-- I first watched it in reruns on FX when I was closer to 12 (and several times over again, via DVDs and streaming) and I related, as I was just becoming a teen.  Looking back, I can't believe how seriously I took it back then.  I swooned for Brandon, I wanted to be Brenda (Lord help me),  I thought Kelly was a ho-bag for getting with Brenda's man.  I don't take Sisanie as being any less of 90210 fan because of her age at the time of her first watch; she was just not a very good host, in general.  If I had the chance to BE there with 2 of the stars of one of my favorite shows as a teen, I wouldn't just sit there and chuckle, and be like "Oh wow, really?", I would come prepared with better questions, I would ask them to elaborate on things, which Amy does, and which is what makes her a better co-host, IMO.  I mean, you would think, at least, Sisanie's older sister would have coached her to ask some better questions, if she was the teen watching it at the time, and knowing her little sister now got to talk to Donna and Kelly every week!

Edited by Miss Bones
Forgot something
  • Love 1

Now that they are getting into the SOD and the triangle I thought about picking 90210mg back up again, but the ladies SUCK at recapping. I wonder if they have improved since I last listened the end of season 1.