Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: The Storm Before the Calm

• Start Topic

COME TOGETHER - The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Madeleine Mantock and Sarah Jeffery) must confront the Whispering Evil, even though their collective powers may not be strong enough to defeat it. Meanwhile, Macy must face down Abby's (Poppy Drayton) mother in order to acquire a secret weapon, Josefina (guest star Mareya Salazar) returns to help Mel from going into labor prematurely, and Maggie and Harry (Rupert Evans) must save Jordan (Jordan Donica) before he becomes the latest victim of the Tomb of Chaos. Geoff Shotz directed the episode written by Jeffrey Lieber and Sidney Quashie (#317). Original airdate 7/16/2021

It was an ok episode. I was excited to see the episode start off with the 3 sisters and thought we'd tackle an episode with them largely together but nope. All 3 went their separate ways to do different parts of the story.

The writers really screwed up (well the OG showrunners as well) with the family dynamic or lack thereof. 4 seasons in and they try to add more drama to Marisol with her stealing the BoS but then are like NOPE! She's actually a really great sister because she knew she'd give birth to the Charmed Ones and didnt want the rest of the family to be in danger and it was more important to take the BoS even though the sisters would spend majority of their witch life without it. 

Abbys storyline is done and Macy has her "demon power" back, woohoo.....and now no one is "Overlord" to the demons but if they try to attack witches, Abby will put them in their place....so boring. What does these showrunners have against demons? To much of an OG thing that they try to steer clear of? What? 

Maggie gets to use her fancy fighting stick to fight the Whispering Evil. How fun. 

And that Finale PROMO! I got a good laugh out of that finale promo. It was very funny.

(edited)

SIGH why does Harry always have to be in trouble one way or another? So tired and it's boring. He is a freaking White Lighter but they never let him act as one as he is always the "Damsel in Distress."😞 He always needs to be saved by Macy or another of the other sisters *give me a break*

Abby.... I'm gonna miss her so much, especially because I was shipping her with Mel. They had the chemistry to be great but oh well, maybe she'll come back in the future. Poppy was great too, she deserved better IMO. Unless she wanted to leave. But, at least Abby's redemption was done so she got a happy ending. Yay for her helping Macy get her Demon powers back too. 

It was nice seeing Josefina again. Nice to know Marisol didn't steal the Book of Shadows out of selfishness but to protect her future daughters.

Nice character development for Mel here. She was ready to risk her baby to save her sisters even if it costs her what she wants most. For her sake tho, I hope her baby is born safe.

Maggie is def the main character IMO she gets the most screen time + character development. Her fight with "Whispering Evil" Jordan was well executed I thought. And foiled that almost kiss interrupted LOL. 

I knew the Charmed ones getting rid of the Whispering Evil was way too easy. We have one episode left & t's all gonna break lose.

We'll see what the finale brings. 

Next week is the week of CW season finales looks like 😅.

Edited by tvwatchergordis

Judging by the promo it appears Harry will finally realize his quest to become mortal was extremely stupid and selfish. He's literally the last Whitelighter on earth and the Charmed ones have to save the world every single week. What do they need more, a Whitelighter or a boyfriend for Macy?

I found this episode badly written, even by the low standards this show has set. They seem to have finally defeated the Whispering Evil (and what a stupid name - it never Whispered once, it clicked. It should have been called the Clicking Evil) but they just leave it there on the floor?? They didn't box  it up and bury it or something? How dumb are they?

Meanwhile, Maggie is on the brink of turning into an attack zombie or whatever the hell the W.E. turns people into, and yet Mel and Josefina have time to brew up another tea to reverse the affects of the anti-labor tea she already drank. But then they defeat the W.E., get back home, and hours have passed and Mel still hasn't had the baby. The pacing of these events was baffling.

And I guess the Perfecti are content to let the Charmed Ones just come and go without trying to kill them and escape from the Tomb of Chaos? Which . . . who the hell comes up with these names anyway? They all sound like they were cribbed from a video game.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Judging by the promo it appears Harry will finally realize his quest to become mortal was extremely stupid and selfish. He's literally the last Whitelighter on earth and the Charmed ones have to save the world every single week. What do they need more, a Whitelighter or a boyfriend for Macy?

I found this episode badly written, even by the low standards this show has set. They seem to have finally defeated the Whispering Evil (and what a stupid name - it never Whispered once, it clicked. It should have been called the Clicking Evil) but they just leave it there on the floor?? They didn't box  it up and bury it or something? How dumb are they?

Meanwhile, Maggie is on the brink of turning into an attack zombie or whatever the hell the W.E. turns people into, and yet Mel and Josefina have time to brew up another tea to reverse the affects of the anti-labor tea she already drank. But then they defeat the W.E., get back home, and hours have passed and Mel still hasn't had the baby. The pacing of these events was baffling.

And I guess the Perfecti are content to let the Charmed Ones just come and go without trying to kill them and escape from the Tomb of Chaos? Which . . . who the hell comes up with these names anyway? They all sound like they were cribbed from a video game.

I completely agree. The original Charmed was certainly no brain trust, but this version is just ridiculous. I would say of course Harry will get his immortality back, but Rupert has been cast as Edmund Bridgerton for season 2 of Bridgerton, & if he can pull off a Regé-Jean Page, we may not see him  again. At least that would get rid of the oh so boring, Macy & Harry plot.

Edited by GaT

The Whispering Evil is another boring villain, and I'm tired of seeing more of it next week.  It was nice to see the Perfecti lady again, though.  How convenient she isn't trying to escape.  And another "creative" reason why everywhere looks like Safe Space/Command Center.

Good riddance to Abigail.  I hope this is goodbye for good, though it's doubtful considering how much these writers loved her.  She monopolized much of this season and the last.  Though it's nice to see that she really does seem changed for the better.

Evil Maggie was right.  Harry is useless without his magic, and it's pretty stupid of him to give up his immortality regardless of how he feels about staying young while Macy aged.  Since she won't if she's killed since he isn't able to do anything magical to help her.

I used to like Jordan, but they really pound any potential into the ground on this show.