Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Pretty Tee-rrific

• Start Topic

One contestant attempts a comeback after taking a big bounce on Putt-A-Saurus; another competitor makes an impressive near-save while jousting on King Parthur's Court; Rob Riggle shares more about the legend that is Curry the Kid.

Joe T has a great smile! Every week I find something more to love about him.

Being an animal lover is great but the howling was so annoying. Really preferred the zoo keeper. He came the closest we've seen to getting by the fish. All the putts weren't memorable. Liked that the 2 guys didn't make the wedding hole awkward. And all the contestants really seem to get along and show good sportsmanship.

• Love 2

I really enjoy this show, I laughed so many times, at Joe and Rob AND at some of the contestant falls, and I'm not one to enjoy people bouncing off of things. But that wedding ring headlong into the cake really was funny, as was the upside-down fall off the jousting horse.

I was pleased to see someone make it over the flippers finally. I am disappointed in players who just seem to give up though, and fall without even trying. I was thinking for the fish, if you ran one fish at a time and stopped before going past the next one, that might work. Except for the fire hoses blasting you with water, so there's that.

I do remember seeing one person make it past the potties, once, in all the seasons, but it otherwise seems impossible.

The Distractor was the best ever, I could have watched that group for an entire half hour and not been bored. I like both of the guys who made it to the end, so that also was good, for me anyway.

Rob and Joe continue to be my favorite announcers of all time. Matt and Akbar, you can't even compare.

• Love 5

Agreed, The Distractor was definitely upgraded this year, very happy with it.  It also made a nice diversion from all the other holes this year being strictly crossing obstacles.

I think I've found a few reasons why this season doesn't feel quite as special as the last:

1. There's less character in most of the holes.  Last year we had the pirate, the judges and even some guest hosts.  This year we do have the knight, but his character is basically just riding the horse and not talking, so it's not quite the same.

2. Several of this year's holes don't allow for too many hard falls.  Things like Parcade, King Parthur's Court, Donut Hole and Holey Matrimony all have their moments, but most people just kind of fall straight into the water/blocks.  I like them all and King Parthur and Holey Moley both provided exceptions to the rule last night, but there are just more misses than hits on them.

3. The weeks off.  I assume y'all know, but we have three weeks until the next episode :( This season also had the break last week and started a couple of weeks later (plus episode 3 was delayed where I live because they did a special on the building that collapsed), so it's been a lot less stable than last year.  At least it'll go well into the Fall this year anyway!

While we wait, any speculations on what Holeywood will entail?  Trap-Tee-Ze looks good as well, but I hope they're not just saving it for the final.  I still feel they made a mistake holding a regular hole (Clowning Around) to only be featured in the finale last year.  They should save Big Foot Wedge as the ultimate round and use the others in the main season!

• Love 3
On 7/16/2021 at 9:39 PM, Messup said:

Agreed, The Distractor was definitely upgraded this year, very happy with it.  It also made a nice diversion from all the other holes this year being strictly crossing obstacles.

I think I've found a few reasons why this season doesn't feel quite as special as the last:

1. There's less character in most of the holes.  Last year we had the pirate, the judges and even some guest hosts.  This year we do have the knight, but his character is basically just riding the horse and not talking, so it's not quite the same.

I suspect that was covid related. They film in January and perhaps they had restrictions that limited the possibilities of guest judges/celebs. Wikipedia says they reused past season audience footage this year too. Just my speculation… I miss the cameos too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

One thing I liked about the old Distractor was holding the reveal until the very last second. I guess though that was a bit unfair to the first competitor, since the second competitor had the advantage of seeing it and adjusting to it while the first competitor had to deal with the surprise.

• Love 2