Type keyword(s) to search

Passions - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I haven't thought about Passions in years, but I recently started listening to the Passions for Life podcast and it's bringing back a flood of memories. For those not listening, it's done by Travis Schuldt and Natalie Zea (Ethan 1 and Gwen 2, who are married IRL), and they're doing a rewatch of their time on the show and going over all of the gory details. It's really quite juicy - they brought in McKenzie Westmore for an interview and she revealed a lot about her weight struggles and how the producers handled it horribly. I'm enjoying the podcast way more than I should be.

Can we raise a martimmy?

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

After the poorly belated Josh/Timmy, are these the first two major cast deaths? Passions was on recently enough that even the oldest cast members are just hitting 80 now, and I imagine the bulk of them range in the 40's to 60's range. 

On 1/12/2023 at 1:40 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

RIP Ben Masters (Julian Crane)....I wonder if he and Tracey Ross (Eve) were still together when he passed.

I had no clue they really dated. I loved that whole storyline. Eve's husband was horrible and I rooted for both Eve and Julian and Whitney and Fox.

16 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Eve's husband was horrible.

UO, but I liked T.C. and felt he was given a raw deal....with Ben and Tracey getting together, I always wondered if that's why T.C.'s character was thrown under the bus.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:40 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

RIP Ben Masters (Julian Crane)....I wonder if he and Tracey Ross (Eve) were still together when he passed.

Hopefully his death was not penis-related! 

(Did they ever fix it on the show?)

This show evokes a welcome nostalgia for me. Especially the family dramas that have always taken place there. It's very similar to my family. I was lucky enough to meet a wonderful girl on The Lucky Date to fall in love and get married. But there was a businessman's daughter and a whole bunch of family dramas, like I only needed her money and so on. Now family meetings are like Brazilian soap operas.

Edited by Garold
added some details

I hadn't thought of this show in ages, but I recently moved and came across some old tapes I had saved with clips. Then I decided to search to see if any old episodes are on You Tube, and found every single episode ever. It has been a great time waster and reminded me how much I loved Sheridan and Luis back in the day, and how much they ruined them later on.

It was really such a terrible and hilarious show at the same time. I watched obsessively in college and all the way up until it went to Direct TV.