Type keyword(s) to search

Baseball/Softball

• Start Topic

(edited)

USA Softball off to a strong start in this modified tournament.  Love the pitch timer.  The games move fast and are fun to watch.  Watching professional baseball, I think if they get a pitch every 7 minutes, they don't complain.  

Edited by Johann
  • Love 1

I have been watching, but it is Western Nationals for my daughter's softball team, so have a lot of other softball going on in my life right now. All I can say is only 6 teams????? Wow!!! The USA HAS to get their bats going against Japan if they want gold. I realize how well Cat and Monica are throwing, but Monica has been playing in Japan for how long? They know what to expect from her. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, estellasmum said:

I have been watching, but it is Western Nationals for my daughter's softball team, so have a lot of other softball going on in my life right now. All I can say is only 6 teams????? Wow!!! The USA HAS to get their bats going against Japan if they want gold. I realize how well Cat and Monica are throwing, but Monica has been playing in Japan for how long? They know what to expect from her. 

Good luck to your daughter and her team!

Yeah, it's like they wait until the end of the game and say, "So, how many runs do we need?  Two?  Ok, gotcha."

On 7/25/2021 at 1:14 PM, estellasmum said:

I was watching some clips and I saw Cat and Monica there - I was so surprised they were still playing.  I haven't been watching USA/college softball as closely the past few years so I wasn't expecting to see anyone I knew.

41 minutes ago, ZootSuitWyatt said:

It sounds like it might be on the docket in future Olympics if the host country already has stadiums, but not if it would require them to build baseball/softball stadiums they would never use. 

Which means that we might not see it in Paris in 2024 but will definitely see it in Los Angeles in 2028.

38 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Which means that we might not see it in Paris in 2024 but will definitely see it in Los Angeles in 2028.

I think that's what they were saying in the commentaries.  They also said softball is expected to be in the 2032 Olympics in Australia.

Well, this chapter is over.  Congratulations to Japan.  Great tournament.

USA may have fallen a game short, but, still a good showing.  They did their country proud.  Congratulations to them all.

Also, Congratulations to Canada.  Another strong team.

I think Congratulations are also due to Mexico, Australia and Italy.  All teams played well and hopefully that will encourage other countries to play and help make softball a staple in the Olympics.

• Love 3

Yeah, I'd expect to see it back in 2028, since the US gets to pick a few and obviously these sports are big there.

Kind of sucks for athletes in marginal sports who can't rely on their preferred sport being there all the time.

44 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Yeah, I'd expect to see it back in 2028, since the US gets to pick a few and obviously these sports are big there.

Kind of sucks for athletes in marginal sports who can't rely on their preferred sport being there all the time.

yeah they were saving that 4 members on Canada's SB team were on the Beijing team(where they finished 4th) and they waited 13 years to come back because they had unfinished business. That's so well awesome/motivational- but also sad.

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The softball field was a joke.  How hard could it have been to set up a proper softball field. 

They have a softball league in Japan. Monica Abbott has played in it for a decade. Why didn't they use one of those fields? I'm sure there's one in Tokyo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1