Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Keys Open Doors

I'm starting to really love this show, and I really, really love Gretchen. I'll give her a key to my place right now.

Everyone needs an Edgar in their lives to talk them off a ledge.

• Love 2

I guess Edgar's too busy talking sense into Jimmy about Gretchen, but someone really needs to tell Jimmy that his general schtick (being too cool and authentic for the room) is too much. I don't want him to stop entirely, but I wish they'd tone that aspect of his character down a couple of notches.

I'm a complete sucker for good rom-coms - which are damn scarce - so yeah, I liked most of the Jimmy/Gretchen stuff.

I'm loving this show as well. Every bit that involved the stapled bag was comedy gold. I love Jimmy's roommate. The writers walk a fine line of showing characters who are "the worst" and yet making them real and vulnerable enough to root for. it's working for me.

This was my favorite of the three episodes. I thought the writing was sharp, and the insults were hilarious. I have had that awkward key conversation with a few girlfriends (I'm always the one that wants to go slow and freaks out over someone having a key to my house), so it rang very true to me.

I love Jimmy's roommate too. He knows Jimmy so well and tries to get him to do the right thing (like not snooping on Gretchen's phone). Heh, I loved when Jimmy saw him at Gretchen's birthday party and told him they weren't friends anymore and his only response was to ask if he could still live with him rent free.

I love this show too.  It's really well written and they did a great job picking the leads.  Both can do comedy.  Both can infuse their performances with just enough emotion to make me care without going overboard and sabotaging the title of the show.  And they have chemistry too. 

The Edgar character is also great in that it's a bit of a gender bender.  It's unusual to have a male character of his age essentially intellectualizing a friend into a relationship. 

I think my favorite part of the episode was having the opening where they were naked on the driveway.  I thought for sure we'd have flashbacks explaining why that was but nope...nada. 

• Love 1

I'm liking this show a little more with each episode. When they premiered, I was in for Married based on the cast and figured I'd also try You're the Worst while I was at it. While I certainly enjoyed this week's episode of Married much more than the first two, You're the Worst has been consistently great for all three episodes. Aya Cash needs to be hired more often.

• Love 1

I about died when Sam (?) opened the door and said "this N****** sucks some really good d***" - the things they can get away with on this channel. This shows beats Married all to hell.

• Love 4