Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Four Stones in Hand

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Micki’s real mother, Mercedes, tries to make amends with her daughter but Micki doesn’t want anything to do with her. Walker steps in to help and lands in a heap of trouble. August suffers from PTSD after what happened at the Ranch.

Airdate: 06/24/2021

Didn't even have to know what the case was: as soon as I saw Dana Wheeler-Nicholson's name in the guest credits, I knew she was going to end up being the bad guy, because she usually tends to play unsavory characters (off the top of my head was her Beverly on Nashville.)  I'm sure she's a lovely person in real life though!

I'm glad Micki got a little bit of closure with her birth mother and it seems like they might begin forming some kind of relationship.  Lindsay Morgan was great as always.  I do wonder if they'll ever bring back the sister/aunt though, because she still was the one who raised her, and even though I understand why Micki felt like it was a betrayal of her to keep everything hidden, she really was her mother also in a lot of ways.

Not surprised that what happened at the ranch would also make Stella and Augie practically celebrities at their school: right down to Augie pretty much getting hit on left and right.  Not surprised that he would actually enjoy it on some levels, but clearly a lot of it was a shield for the PTSD that he clearly has.  But, hey, it looks like he is getting close to this Ruby now, while he continues to be unaware that Isabel also has feelings for him.  Get ready for that love triangle, Augie!

At first I thought Bonham's refusal to continue the treatment was atypical machoism over the treatment possibly making him impotent and whatnot (and that might still have played a part), but he claims it was really because he didn't want Abeline to be burden.  And she naturally is like "That's silly, you big goof!", and now he's back on board.

They mainly played it for laughs, but it really is true that Walker can get away with rule breaking and other stuff that others like Micki probably wouldn't be able to.  Not sure if I buy him attempting to quell that trait, because I feel like that's what pretty much defines him: for better and worse.

Another break for a few weeks, I see.  I understand the likely reasons, but this season of television in general has been very erratic, to say the least.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

They mainly played it for laughs, but it really is true that Walker can get away with rule breaking and other stuff that others like Micki probably wouldn't be able to.  Not sure if I buy him attempting to quell that trait, because I feel like that's what pretty much defines him: for better and worse.

OTOH, Micki told him to break into that house while she kept the woman occupied.  So, she's willing to reap the benefits of his rule breaking.  If that woman gets a good lawyer she'll get off.  Because they couldn't have found out anything without Walker breaking in and reading her stuff. It's all fruit from the poisoned tree.  So, good job guys.

• Love 1

I recognized the lady who was running the NA meeting so I knew she would be the bad guy right away, but I still liked the story. What a scumbag, I don't care what her life was like, that was a horrible thing to do to people trying to get their lives together. I figured that Micki's mom would show up again, and while its nice that they are going to try to have some kind of relationship and that her mom is doing better, I hope that Micki makes up with her aunt/mom soon. It really sucks that she lied to her for so long, but she did raise her as her daughter for almost her entire life. 

Walker really does seem addicted to drama, and while he seems to want to chill out for a bit, I don't see that lasting very long. I always like when Micki and Walker team up, they can have a lot of real talk with each other but its clearly out of a sense of friendship and comradery. His scenes with Liam were also good, even if they were short, I would really like to see them talk some stuff out soon after everything that has happened. 

Of course Stella and Augie have become celebrities around school after the shoot out, with both of them dealing with it in different ways. Stella just wants to pretend none of it ever happened, while Augie is soaking up the attention for all its worth while hiding how traumatized he is by what happened. Glad that Stella realized that her becoming obsessed with a cute bad boy led to her ignoring her best friend, and I think that Augie is still a bit mad at her as well. I don't think he blames her for what happened, but he might be upset that she left them to run off with her boyfriend which led to all of this awful stuff happening, and he needs to figure that out. 

• Love 3

This episode reminded me why I enjoy Walker - it’s not typical of the standard fare you see on TV these days, in that its focus is on the dynamics of a family, with each member getting their chance to shine.  I felt for poor Auggie with his flashback in the AV room, and I’m glad Stella seems to be realising she’s been a brat (now all we need is for her to tell her dad the truth...). I still love Walker and Micki’s friendship, and I’m glad she’s willing to give Mercedes a chance 🥰.  It’s good to see Bonham and Abilene back on track too.

• Love 1
On 6/25/2021 at 10:52 AM, Katy M said:

hey mainly played it for laughs, but it really is true that Walker can get away with rule breaking and other stuff that others like Micki probably wouldn't be able to.  Not sure if I buy him attempting to quell that trait, because I feel like that's what pretty much defines him: for better and worse.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:52 AM, Katy M said:

OTOH, Micki told him to break into that house while she kept the woman occupied.  So, she's willing to reap the benefits of his rule breaking

THANK YOU!  That's exactly that I griped about to Mr. Ctlady.  So, spare me the "oh, because you're white and entitled you can get away with it, Walker, while I'm just an Hispanic female who would probably get deported" speech, Micki.  Seriously, show(s) - stop trying to wedge in political/social narrative into the script.  I've had it with shows doing this.

• Love 1