Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Reunion

• Start Topic

Cad Bane should have been the DNA source on Kamino... Crosshair suddenly decided to be a standard villain... launching into a monologue after outsmarting the heroes instead of killing them

Well that did not go at all how I was guessing it was going to go. I was kinda hoping 99 would have gotten Crosshair back today and de-chipped him. Seeing Crosshair look like Anakin after his fight with Kenobi was not what I was expecting at all.

I wasn’t ever a Cad Bane fangirl, but the western shootout? That was cool. What armor does 99 have that a chest shot doesn’t kill Hunter? That was bonkers. The first person perspective was interesting-it is really hard to see out of those helmets. I can’t believe he was conscious at the end. I wanted to see who was going to step up as leader if Hunter was out of the game for a little bit. 

Liked that Tech and Echo had a bit more agency this episode. Echo pushing back on Hunter’s decision to not join Rex and the Rebels. I wonder if that decision will be a fight between them. If they had left, they probably wouldn’t have run into the Empire. Tech was being more involved with Omega. I think those two are really similar and would work well together.

I can’t wait to rewatch. That was a great episode.

• Love 2

I'm glad de-chipping Crosshair has been delayed for a while. I was never a fan of Cad Bane but he was put to good use here. The Kaminoans only hire the best to get their 'property' back.

There was definitely more interaction between team members than before. Echo questioning Hunter about not joining Rex was a good moment. And he was also not happy about Hunter's decision to go into arms trading. This should get interesting.

This episode really conveyed a feeling of the size of those cruisers. The 'sets' were amazing. And Omega looking over all the other wrecks really brought back the tragedy of war. Of course questioning Tech about the war and its cost was never going to work. But it was still a good moment.

As much power as he brings to the team I cringe at how loud Wrecker is all the time. Dude, stealth will never be your strength but could you at least try? And when the ion-engine fell off I was really worried for Omega. Gah, get that kid at least a helmet! 

I wonder what Plan 7 is.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I wonder what Plan 7 is.

I earnestly hope we find out. I like that Wrecker tried to come up with a plan when he knew the shit was really hitting the fan. I know the other three probably did it out of panic, but I wish they hadn’t come down on Wrecker so hard for his idea.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I wonder what Plan 7 is.

Likely something they learned on Kamino during Basic Training that applies to defending against battle droids...

• Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I earnestly hope we find out. I like that Wrecker tried to come up with a plan when he knew the shit was really hitting the fan. I know the other three probably did it out of panic, but I wish they hadn’t come down on Wrecker so hard for his idea.

I could imagine the team coming up with six official backup plans and then asking Wrecker if he has anything to contribute.  His suggestion of "Uh, yeah... PUNCH STUFF!" is followed by everyone rolling their eyes. And then in this episode they realize that punching the engine off the back of the ship isn't actually that terrible of an idea after all.

Edited by dwmarch
  • Love 2