Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Perfecti is the Enemy of Good

• Start Topic

AT ALL COSTS – The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Madeleine Mantock, Sarah Jeffery) must take on the Perfecti in order to save Mel; Harry’s (Rupert Evans) mortality journey kicks into high gear with unexpected consequences. Also starring Poppy Drayton. Joe Gallagher directed the episode written by Christina Piña and Carolyn Townsend (#314). Original airdate 6/11/21.

Fairly enjoyable. 

The one thing (of many lol) that constantly gets me is some of the terms the show uses that just sound SO LAME. "I'm not a time witch anymore" "you will become a time witch again" "We need a demon password"  among other things that have been said about the 3 seasons.

The actress who plays Abigail really showed she is one of the stronger actresses on this show and Abigail spin off would likely be more enjoyable than the main show. Her acting as Maggie was very fun.

All these powers being streams of light is somehow more boring and less exciting than the OG show where everything was simplified. Macys forcefield power seems no different from her TK nowadays and would be so much better if it were some kind of magical wall or something that pops up. 

The Perfecti were beaten fairly easily but of course they become the big bad only to be all "dont defeat us as there is a BIGGER bad out there!"

I'm confused about Harry....he is mortal now but still has his powers? 

This seems to be the only tv show where the cast is getting COVID tested on the daily only to unable to be in arms reach of other..

OH wow....that is one way to write in Meloni's pregnancy. Here's hoping the baby doesnt stick around in present day after its magical birth comes about.

I don't know if I just didn't notice somehow, they did a really good job of hiding it, or these episodes were filmed a long time after the previous episodes this season, but I had no idea Melonie Diaz was pregnant. 

OH wow....that is one way to write in Meloni's pregnancy.

I wondered if she was pregnant in real life.

This episode was fairly easy to follow compared to some of the previous ones this season, but good grief. The story is still all over the place. If you were to try following the plots from the start of the season until now it would be like going through a giant maze or an obstacle course. 

I'm confused about Harry....he is mortal now but still has his powers?

From what I could tell he was in the process of turning mortal but not yet there. Whatever drug that lady (?) gave him is experimental so she doesn't really know how this will all turn out. He could have lost his powers at any given moment though, so making him part of the plan was a huge risk.

• Love 3

I forgot to ask in my previous post, is there a reason that anyone knows that Abigail was featured  so heavily in this episode, to the point where she had more screen time than Mel & Maggie combined? It felt like she was one of the sisters instead of  Mel or Maggie, which felt really strange to me. I can see why they would lighten up on Melonie Diaz's work, but not Sarah Jeffrey. Is something going on with her?

• Useful 2

This was a pretty good way for the Charmed Ones to handle the Perfecti, using their own smugness against them, even if it did also have to involve a lot of "a great evil is coming...." vague warnings that shows love to throw out to really hype up their next big bad. 

The show must have done a great job hiding that Melonie Diaz is pregnant in real life, because I definitely did not notice until right now. This certainly is a unique way to write her pregnancy into the show, and Mel gets to do time stuff again. 

I didn't notice the actress was pregnant either, though I sometimes end up listening to the show when it isn't that interesting, so wasn't exactly paying close attention.  Not too intrigued by the baby subplot.

I liked the Perfecti.  They were entertaining in their lack of emotion.  I did like that the sisters (well, minus Mel) had to outwit the villain to win this battle, for once.  I also really liked the older witch helping them.  It made this episode a lot better.

They certainly come up with multitudes of creative & annoying ways to shoehorn Abigail into the plot.  This time, she got to replace Maggie for almost the entire episode.  

Spoiler

I suppose they could have had Macy transform into Abigail, and then they find out it's irreversible, and then next season, Abigail could take her place in the show as a main character, which has been where the writing was going anyway.