Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Battle Scars

• Start Topic

(edited)

Of course there's a Watcher in the water - there always is.

Good horror episode. It was a gutsy move to not let Omega being able to get through to Wrecker but it paid off. Order 66 can't be stopped by the power of cute. Her worrying about being left alone if the procedure would not work was also a great scene. Despite Rex standing right next to her with a bubble above his head reading 'Chopped Liver!'

So it was Rex who got contacted by Rafa - makes sense. And that also explains how the Martez sisters ended up with R7. Glad Rex told the guys how incredibly dangerous their assumption was that they were immune to the inhibitor chips. Which was dumb even before Wrecker got his Order 66 migraine. I wish we had had a discussion how they rationalized Crosshair succumbing to the chip while maintaining they wouldn't.

And the Bad Batch is still on a learning curve of dealing outside their comfort zone. I was expecting Cid to use the failed tactical droid retrieval mission as additional leverage. I get it why Hunter declined Rex's offer to join what will become the Rebellion at this point. But working for Cid is not exactly providing a safe environment for Omega either. 

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2

I re-watched the Clone Wars episode where Ahsoka removed the chip from Rex.  She had to initiate a Force mind meld so the brain scanner could see his chip.  Curious that Rex was able to find the Batch chips without the Force.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, paigow said:

I re-watched the Clone Wars episode where Ahsoka removed the chip from Rex.  She had to initiate a Force mind meld so the brain scanner could see his chip.  Curious that Rex was able to find the Batch chips without the Force.

I wondered about that too but I think they covered that in the scene with Tech delivering some technobabble about using data from Rex's scan as baseline while creating a 'chip scanner'. Requires a bit of handwaving but there you go. It also establishes how Rex managed to remove the chips from Wolffe and Gregor in Rebels. More mysterious seems to me that Rex and from what I could spot Tech too had gotten a huge area around the chip removal site shaved off while Hunter's Rambo mullet is still intact with just a tiny bit of band-aid peeking out from underneath his bandana.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Happy the chips are out of the Batch. Felt odd to me that so much of the scenes were Hunter/Rex. I get that Hunter is the leader but, I expected/wanted more Echo/Rex

After all this time, Rex is probably still angry that Echo chose the Batch...

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Happy the chips are out of the Batch. Felt odd to me that so much of the scenes were Hunter/Rex. I get that Hunter is the leader but, I expected/wanted more Echo/Rex

This is my one complaint about how short these episodes are. Rebels and Clone Wars seemed to have time for conversations but Bad Batch just seems to go from action to action piece.  We could have seen Rex ask about Kamino, or talk more with Echo. We could see Tech interacting with Omega while building the scanner. I wish they would slow down just a tad to see these interactions. Less tell and more show.

Loved that Wrecker was an absolute unit under the chip. That was terrifying. Its interesting that they included talking about Order 66 right before Wrecker lost himself to the chip. Makes you wonder if Rex ever connected those dots much later when he was running with Kanan Jarrus. Did Kanan ever find out the Bad Batch didn’t turn (except Crosshair) on the Jedi? I love questions like that.

I totally thought Hunter was going to get a new haircut. I laughed when we barely saw the bandage. Did we even see Echo’s new scar?

I wonder if they ever scanned Omega, just in case. She’s just a child, she could have been lied too about not having a chip.

• Love 2