Type keyword(s) to search

Now You See Him...Now You Don't: Spoilers For Loki

• Start Topic

This is the spot to discuss spoilers for the Disney+ series Loki. Please note - spoiler tags are not required in here. If you enter, you will very likely be spoiled for future episodes as well as future seasons. Enter at your own risk!

(edited)

Not sure if this is a spoiler, but posting here just in case...

Tom Hiddleston on Loki’s Biggest Betrayals and Most Heroic Moments
Eric Goldman    June 12, 2021
https://www.fandom.com/articles/loki-tom-hiddleston-mcu-hero-betrayal-mobius 

Waldron went right from working on Loki to writing Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness with Sam Raimi, and Kevin Feige had previously said Loki will have some connections to what we see in the Doctor Strange sequel.
One notable moment in the premiere also found Mobius taunting Loki a bit about his murder of Phil Coulson, given that event inadvertently motivated the Avengers to unite in the first place and defeat Loki. During this scene, in was hard for some fans of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD to not wonder if Mobius might even reveal to Loki that Coulson actually returned from the dead, though that ultimately didn’t occur, once more leaving the status of Agents of SHIELD – along with the other Marvel Television shows Feige and Marvel Studios were not involved with prior to Marvel Studios launching into TV with WandaVision – still murky in terms of if they’re truly canon in relation to the MCU. Or, if they are canon, if they are technically in the same timeline or universe as the films, given where the MCU is delving into these days.

Asked if he toyed with having Coulson’s resurrection mentioned in Loki, Waldron replied, “No, look, that is one other tendril of the multiverse, perhaps. I think just seeing mention of Coulson again, the very fact that it raises those questions, is exciting.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 6/16/2021 at 10:10 AM, Wynterwolf said:

This seems like it could be significant:

Seems clear it's her, unless this is a super clever foiler planted by Marvel. 

This would be the second Echantress, a kind of purposeful copy, created BY Loki.  Or we should say "a Loki" since clearly this one did nothing like this.  This version of Enchantress wasn't very interesting, so I think they're just borrowing the name and general appearance and not much else (so even the Loki origin might not be true). 

• Love 1

It might be interesting if they were to combine Sylvie and Lady Loki. If they used Lady Loki's origin, she would have been created from Loki's soul after he died, right? So her memory and history would include up to IW Loki, the one that died trying to kill Thanos. Which could be why she so pissed, if she knows who/what the TVA are and that they used her like a tool, and "pruned" countless hers through the timeline. 

As for Sylvie, if Loki had created her, our Loki would remember it unless it happened sometime between 2012Loki and IWLoki, which I guess is possible, but it seems unlikely, so maybe they'll use more her look and her powers (which from what I read, seemed to be extreme and largely unknown, so it gives them a lot of "canon" leeway in what they decide she can do. Not that they actually even need that excuse). 

• Love 1

So the true big bad is Richard E Grant as old Loki, yes ?

He's the hand we see in the background when Loki is talking to Sylvie, assuming that is Sylvie. 

And it is him who is doing all the killing, I guess 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

So the true big bad is Richard E Grant as old Loki, yes ?

He's the hand we see in the background when Loki is talking to Sylvie, assuming that is Sylvie. 

And it is him who is doing all the killing, I guess 

I wouldn't make any assumption about who or what the Big Bad is at the moment - especially concerning a character who hasn't been introduced.

That said I think the show made it very clear that "Lady Loki" was the"evil Loki" who had been killing the Minutemen and taking the reset charges.  We saw her in the cloak get-up at the end of the first episode burning the Minutemen with an oil fire.  Then, at the top of this episode we see Hunter C-20 get possessed and we see how Lady Loki can use possession to swap bodies.  Finally it was LL who set up all those reset charges in the Roxxcart programming them to open small Time Doors, go to varies times in the Sacred Timeline and blow up, causing a bunch of "rogue timelines" that where moving toward Redline.

We don't yet know why she did all that, but we do know that she did it.  Hopefully Loki (and we) will hear her story this coming Wednesday.

• Love 2
On 6/21/2021 at 8:58 PM, johntfs said:

I wouldn't make any assumption about who or what the Big Bad is at the moment - especially concerning a character who hasn't been introduced.

That said I think the show made it very clear that "Lady Loki" was the"evil Loki" who had been killing the Minutemen and taking the reset charges.  We saw her in the cloak get-up at the end of the first episode burning the Minutemen with an oil fire.  Then, at the top of this episode we see Hunter C-20 get possessed and we see how Lady Loki can use possession to swap bodies.  Finally it was LL who set up all those reset charges in the Roxxcart programming them to open small Time Doors, go to varies times in the Sacred Timeline and blow up, causing a bunch of "rogue timelines" that where moving toward Redline.

We don't yet know why she did all that, but we do know that she did it.  Hopefully Loki (and we) will hear her story this coming Wednesday.

I can't imagine Richard E Grant playing a good guy in this.

If not Old Loki, someone worse.

• Love 1
(edited)

Tom Hiddleston Teases New Direction for Loki in Episode 4
Ross Tanenbaum  June 25, 2021
https://movieweb.com/loki-episode-4-new-direction-tom-hiddleston/

In an interview with BBC Radio's Ali Plumb, Tom Hiddleston stated that episode 4 is where Loki will go into an entirely different direction, a direction that will expand even further in episode 5 before the finale. Hiddleston is telling audiences to prepare for a ride that is going to get even more insane.

"The series takes off in a new direction in episode 4," Hiddleston said. "And then the destination of that journey kind of comes to fruition in episode 5. So, 4 and 5, I mean, buckle up, cause we're going somewhere. I hope you don't see it coming."

‘Loki’ Actress Sophia Di Martino On MCU LGBTQ Reveal & Whether Or Not She’s The Enchantress
By Anthony D'Alessandro   June 26, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/06/loki-sophia-di-martino-interview-enchantress-lgbtq-spoiler-1234782211/ 

In a conversation with Deadline, Di Martino admits she wasn’t specifically informed by Loki‘s writers that she was the Enchantress.
“All I know is that the character is inspired by the comics, but she’s Sylvie [in the Disney+ series], and this is an entirely new backstory for her,” Di Martino tells Deadline.
Talking about why Sylvie takes to Loki so quickly in the episode, Di Martino tells us, “Maybe it’s because she sees herself in him, maybe it’s because she finds him utterly ridiculous and she doesn’t see him as a threat. She sees him as this guy who is easy to wind up. He’s sort of in the way of her, and then a mutual respect is developed between them.”
In regards to whether Sylvie always knew about Loki—whether he was always part of her plan to raise hell and disrupt the TVA—Di Martino teases “that will be interesting to see.”

And as far as Sylvie getting her own spinoff Disney+/Marvel series?

“Your guess is as good as mine,” says Di Martino. “They wouldn’t tell me even if they were thinking about it.”

Edited by tv echo

Heh, re: the sneak peek, I did not even think about the TVA showing up and taking both of them into custody before everything blew up. But sure, Mobius knew exactly what to look for (anomalies before a big catastrophe) to find them. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Loki's Sophia Di Martino Weighs In On Enchantress Theories After The Big Name Reveal
MICK JOEST       JUN. 29. 2021
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2569663/lokis-sophia-di-martino-weighs-enchantress-theories-lady-loki-sylvie 

CinemaBlend's Laura Hurley got a moment to speak to Sophia Di Martino following the third episode, which found the Sylvie and Loki seemingly stranded on the doomed Lamentis-1. Viewers also officially learned the chosen name of Di Martino's character as Sylvie, which strengthened the theories she's similar to the Sylvie Lushton Enchantress of Marvel Comics. Di Martino was asked whether she believes her character is a mix of Lady Loki and Sylvie Lushton's Enchantress and revealed:

"I think the writers were definitely inspired by the comics and by different parts of the comics and different characters within them. Sylvie is a new character. And you know, this is a new backstory and a new story."

FWIW, Marvel.com lists her character as Sylvie Laufeydottir.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

So does Marvel really do fake spoilers ? I heard they do ?

I know the strange pic of Mobius driving the van never happened because in the pic, he has no mustache.

Just wondering because there's a pic circulating that shows Loki at the TVA in his current clothes. He is looking around and the place almost looks abandoned because there is no one else in the shot.

Sorry don't remember where the pic came from so can't post it. Possibly from some promo ?

It could be fake. Interesting, at any rate.

The fake spoiler thing is pretty sadistic if true.

Edited by IWantCandy71
On 7/9/2021 at 2:10 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

The fake spoiler thing is pretty awesome if true.

Fixed that for you.

Because really?  Fake spoilers for the show about the God of Mischief?  That's awesome and hilarious.

• Love 1

Description of new footage shown at D23...

Loki Season 2 Footage Description: The God Of Mischief Is Back With Even More Glorious Purpose [D23]
BY RAFAEL MOTAMAYOR AND SHANIA RUSSELL/SEPT. 10, 2022 
https://www.slashfilm.com/937326/loki-season-2-footage-description-the-god-of-mischief-is-back-with-even-more-glorious-purpose-d23/

The preview footage finds Loki back at the TVA, reading a manual before he greets someone offscreen. In the middle of his "hello," Loki glitches: He's not supposed to be there. There are plenty more glitches to follow, as Loki fights his way down a hallway. Later, he chisels away at the walls of the TVA to reveal the big brass face of Kang the Conqueror (Jonathan Majors). In another room, he encounters Ke Huy Quan, who appears to be playing a TVA archivist. Elsewhere, we get a glimpse of an old Hollywood premiere and Sylvie listening to records in a music shop. To keep things interesting, Loki and Mobius get a fun costume change: they sport vintage tuxedoes, maybe on their way to that Hollywood premiere. Or maybe they just have more chaos to deal with, since the next scene sees Loki falling through the middle of the massive TVA building.

The footage ends with dialogue from Loki: "I don't want you to think I'm the bad guy in all this." To which Mobius tries to have his back, replying, "Who says you were?" Since it wouldn't be Marvel without a funny on-the-nose joke to cap things off, Loki replies by listing all the many folks who would deem him the villain: Miss Minutes, various Avengers, and even Mobius himself.

• Love 1

Ke Huy Quan Was Asked to Join the MCU by Kevin Feige Himself
BY JONATHAN FUGE   JANUARY 11, 2023
https://movieweb.com/ke-huy-quan-was-asked-to-join-the-mcu-by-kevin-feige-himself/

Everything Everywhere All at Once star, and now Golden Globe winner, Ke Huy Quan has revealed that it was Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige himself who asked him to join the MCU. Appearing on the latest episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast, the actor revealed that it was Feige who personally called him to see if he would be interested in joining the major comic book movie franchise. As Ke Huy Quan tells it...

"When our movie came out, the first phone call I got was from Kevin Feige. Who graciously asked me if I wanted to join the MCU and I called Jonathan and the gang, and I said, you know what, nobody wants to hire me except Stephen Spielberg, George Lucas, The Daniels, and Kevin Feige. It's been incredible. 2022 is the year I will always remember because it's one of the happiest years of my life."
Thus, Ke Huy Quan is due to appear in the upcoming Marvel Disney+ series, Loki Season 2. While the extent of his role in currently unknown, it has been revealed that he will portray a Time Variance Authority archivist who no doubt assists The God of Mischief on his latest adventure.

Edited by tv echo

Warning: this TVLine article also contains major spoilers for Quantumania..

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: What Does the Second Post-Credits Scene Reveal About Loki Season 2?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 16 2023
https://tvline.com/2023/02/16/ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-post-credits-scene-loki-season-2/ 

THE POST-CREDITS SCENE — BTW, wow a lot of digital artists worked on this movie! — tied in directly with the Disney+ series Loki, which of course is where Majors played his first Kang variant, He Who Remains. The scene was set in the late 1800s/early 1900s, at a small exhibition being led by one Victor Timely, a Kang variant. In the audience, we saw a wide-eyed, horrified Loki (played by MCU vet Tom Hiddleston) sitting next to TVA Agent Mobius (Owen Wilson). With a hushed voice, Loki assured Mobius that the scientist on stage was “him,” but Mobius couldn’t see how the folksy Victor Timely could be the powerful villain they’re apparently looking for.
Meaning that in that Quantumania post-credits scene, Loki is clearly on some sort of time-hopping mission to get Mobius reacquainted with him and to find variants of He Who Remains. Mobius, though skeptical of Victor Timely being any kind of Big Bad, seems willingly along for the ride. But when Loki Season 2 opens, will the estranged allies already be on this mission? Or will we rewind a bit and see Loki, now a stranger to Mobius, convince the TVA agent of what he and Sylvie learned from the Citadel?

• Like 1

“Loki” Season 2 Footage Description from Destination D23
by Alex Reif | Sep 10, 2023
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/articles/2023/09/10/loki-season-2-footage-description-from-destination-d23/ 

During the Walt Disney Studios Showcase at Destination D23, Loki Executive Producer Kevin Wright took the stage to offer up an exclusive sneak preview of the Season 2 premiere, which begins at the exact same spot as the Season 1 cliffhanger. What follows is a description of the footage shown, which was preceded by a “Previously on Loki” refresh.
Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has returned to the TVA, and it appears that a variant of Kang (Jonathan Majors) is now in control, with a statue of the supervillain dominating the skyline. Mobius (Owen Wilson) and guards chase him through the halls, with Loki’s friend now unfamiliar with who he is. To evade being captured, Loki dives out of a window and lands in the bed of a yellow hover truck. Its driver is so startled that she accidentally knicks the statue of Kang on his cheek.

The truck crashes into the side of a building, and Loki tumbles out into an office where Casey (Eugene Cordero) also doesn’t recognize him. He calls on the intercom for security. Loki looks down at the marble floor, which has the TVA shield and sword crest inlaid. It’s been damaged by the chaos of the moment. And then something strange happens. Loki glitches…

… Loki is standing in the exact same room, with Casey staring at him quizzically. But something is different. Casey knows him, for starters. Loki looks down at the floor. The crest is still damaged. He asks Casey when that happened. Casey can’t remember a time when the damage wasn’t there. Loki believes he was just in the past. He asks Casey to get Mobius, and then he glitches again…

Where does Loki go next? We will find out on Friday, October 6th, when Season 2 premieres on Disney+. The footage ended with a sizzle reel of clips from the new season, including Sylvie (Sophia Di Martino) working at a McDonald’s in 1982.

Edited by tv echo