Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Baby Bumps

• Start Topic

I don't even know what this episode was supposed to be (my DirecTV guide said it was the season finale), and it was a whole bunch of nothing except I don't remember Ethan telling us before than when it was revealed to friends that he and Myrka were having sex, Ethan's father took him into the restroom and high-fived him. 

And there I was thinking I couldn't hate his parents any more than I already did. 

• Love 4

What a useless episode. 

I say this all the time but Lily's mom really failed her. Lily has no education, no skills, nothing. She appears to never have had a real job, nor any plans to ever seek meaningful employment. Does she really just sit around all day in her mom's house ? I think the fact that she now has 2 points to tge fact that she has learned nothing. If her parents were to pull what Ethan's parents did, she'd be in major trouble with no way to support herself and her children, and Angry Lawrence would be in the wind.

Tyra's family is so sad. Do those girls want for nothing more in life but to be moms ?  Really, no higher aspirations  ?

• Love 4

Tyra’s family acted like it was inevitable that they would have children when they were teenagers. No sense that it is possible to make different choices or use birth control responsibly. I don’t know how you can look at all the generations that came before you and not want something different.

Lilly “forgetting “ to take her pills is bullshit. I think she wanted to have another baby and so she did. It’s a way to put off having to think about being a responsible adult with a job and living in a home of her own.

• Love 4

Do those girls want for nothing more in life but to be moms ?  Really, no higher aspirations  ?

You mean being a mediocre cheerleader for the satellite campus of a crappy no-came Christian college isn't a higher aspiration? It's clear that Tyra thought it was.

I wouldn't care so much if being a parent were the #1 priority of a girl like Lilly. The problem is that they aren't prioritizing being a stable parent. They don't have any notion about getting their relationship, education, and finances in order before having the child. A multigenerational home might be a wise part of that plan -- if it's actually a plan and the grandparents have a voice! Instead, they're just inviting chaos and poverty into the kid's future. Call back in 14 years when Aaliyah and Layla are having their first...

• Love 4

This show is really exhausting to watch. Jenna. First, yes Jenna, it’s easy to exclusively breastfeed when that’s literally all you do. It’s easy to be a “good mom” when that’s literally all u do. I just can’t with her. 
i think with Tara’s family, they just don’t see it as a negative to have all these kids so young.  It’s normal for them and where they live. I feel like they all know they’re not going to become doctors or anything. I almost think it’s fun for them. To have all these kids at the same time and they all just hand out and play together. They are like their own commune. 

• Love 4
On 5/26/2021 at 12:21 PM, IvySpice said:

You mean being a mediocre cheerleader for the satellite campus of a crappy no-came Christian college isn't a higher aspiration? It's clear that Tyra thought it was.

I wouldn't care so much if being a parent were the #1 priority of a girl like Lilly. The problem is that they aren't prioritizing being a stable parent. They don't have any notion about getting their relationship, education, and finances in order before having the child. A multigenerational home might be a wise part of that plan -- if it's actually a plan and the grandparents have a voice! Instead, they're just inviting chaos and poverty into the kid's future. Call back in 14 years when Aaliyah and Layla are having their first...

I’m not going to hate on any reason Tyra’s decided to go to any college or any college she chooses to attend. Given her family situation, I applaud her for sticking with it. She seems to be trying to make the most of what’s available to her, which is a hell of a lot more than the rest of the young parents on this show and many of their parents do. 

• Love 5